Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They've already confirmed 16 the whole time, there will not be 8 and then 16
    oh didnt know that, coolio.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    It was hyperbole . . .

I yield, your powers of comprehension are clearly not up to reasonable levels of conversation.
    Hahaha. Sure it was buddy. You made yourself look even more clueless with your backpedaling. Hope you don't do that ingame.

Just apologise for being wrong and move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Spirit is useless to Spriest; you only get 15% of mana regen while casting, which is basically nothing.

In vanilla most fights are really short, 3 minutes or less, and Major Mana Potion + Dark Runes are enough for that. For longer fights you just downrank your spells a little to adjust. Remember that you're not really there for your DPS, you're just there for Shadow Weaving.

As for leveling, you really don't use your damage spells all that often, you really just use SWP + wand for the most part, and you'll have almost no drinking time at all even when not stacking spirit. Lots of cloth gear will have spirit on it anyway so you don't need to worry.

I'm super experienced with vanilla Priest so if you want a giant textwall of information, just PM me.

Every raid needs 1 spriest to buff the warlocks with 15% extra damage. The more warlocks you have, the stronger a shadow priest becomes in terms of overall raid damage.

Stop spreading misinformation.
    Nice misinformation. Locks are not that great till naxx so you will be dealing with mages and more mages. Last I heard they didn't use shadow magic. SP are not needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Pretty sure it would be Mp5 gear, not spirit. If I recall yes they had Horrible Mana issues, lastly, what has been said already, Rarely would a guild take a Shadow Priest over, say any other ranged class. If you plan to raid, you might want to rethink before you commit. I also think I recall Feral DPS was lackluster too.
    Mp5 was a stat, but Spirit would be sought after for some combat specs, TBC-WOTLK spirit would be quite often used on demo locks to buff spell power.

More warlocks is never a bad thing; makes summons go faster, more healthstones/soulstones, and of course plenty of banishes for certain mobs/bosses in MC.

Even with just two Warlocks, that's still roughly enough to make a Shadow Priest "break even" so to speak.
    That math doesn't add up. SP does half mage dps and locks do .8 of mage. Add 15 percent on top, that's .92 of a mage for locks and .575 for SP. So 2 X .12 plus 1 X .075 equals .3175. That doesn't add up to the difference of a mage. 3 locks would make up the mage difference but then you come up against the mage vs lock conundrum. The extra dps that a lock does is less than the difference an equivalent mage would do so you are always gimping your raid.

All things being equal, it is a dps loss if you replace a mage for a SP no matter how many locks you bring. Of course nothing is always equal, things like gear and retardedness play a role as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Nice counterargument.
    You... were being serious?

Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Mp5 was a stat, but Spirit would be sought after for some combat specs, TBC-WOTLK spirit would be quite often used on demo locks to buff spell power.
    yes, I know this, I was a Fire mage then and Spirit effected our Crit, but in Vanilla, oom'ing classes would want Mp5 to help alleviate that.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    so you are always gimping your raid.
    oh no, my raid is doing 1% less DPS than the minmax setup

"gimped"

you tryhards are hilarious

15+ Year Old Account
    Spirit is a shitty stat for shadow priests. It was until we got the talent in BC that converted spirit into spellpower. For spirit tap to be viable in a raid setting, the shadow priest has to get the killing blow. The likelihood of that happening in a 40 man or even a 20 man raid is slim to none. Blackout was the raiding talent in that row because it at least had a chance of stunning adds on boss fights and trash mobs. Spirit tap requires you to get the killing blow which virtually never happens. Its great for leveling but useless once you hit 60.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Gimping one of your strongest of 5 healers or gimping one of your 35 dps drones . . . hmmmmmmm
    I raided all the way to Naxx in vanilla. Your raid only needs 1 shadow priest so that it buffs your warlock's damage done. It wasn't "one of your strongest healers) but it was THE healing spec for vanilla. Pally, shaman, and druid were all subpar healers in vanilla.

O man the edge Lord's are out in force as usual telling you what not to play. I'm telling you don't over think it and play whatever you have fun with.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Pally, shaman, and druid were all subpar healers in vanilla.
    Paladin subpar? Please don't write something you obviously don't know.

- - - Updated - - -

I raided all the way to Naxx in vanilla. Your raid only needs 1 shadow priest so that it buffs your warlock's damage done. .
    You don't "need" a SP to buff _TWO_ warlocks...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibah View Post
    Paladin subpar? Please don't write something you obviously don't know.
    You can justify your choice in playing a paladin all you want, they weren't topping the meters in vanilla. And FYI I actually know what I'm talking about because my first character that raided was a NE druid. I switched servers & deleted my druid who was in a mix of T1 & T2 because I was tired of raiding with the below 18 crowd that seemed to dominate Alliance raiding. I made my undead priest and stayed Horde for a very long time. Until Horde got BE's in BC the general population of the Horde was more of the over 18 crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibah View Post
    You don't "need" a SP to buff _TWO_ warlocks...
    Funny how warlocks did more damage than mages in at least the first two tiers of raids so yeah only bring 2 warlocks.........you thinking balance druids were better or something?
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2019-08-13 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    One can take anything if they are willing to take subpar specs.
    There is no thing as "subpar" specs in a 40 man raid. You can have several of the "subpar" specs and still suceed. You just should not stack them.

I remember Shadow Priests were used, the same as Moonkins. They weren't performing on Mage (Warlock) level but that was never their goal. Classic players must understand that it's not about max DPS most of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

You can justify your choice in playing a paladin all you want, they weren't topping the meters in vanilla.
    Nobody cared about topping the meters in Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Pally, shaman, and druid were all subpar healers in vanilla.
    Druid was the best (raid) healer next to Priest. The only problem Druids had was the missing rezz skill which made them undesirable in environments where you needed that frequently (5 man dungeons). Shamans were good too, thanks alone to their Manaflood totem and Chain Heal. And they were able to pump out very strong ST heals so they made great tank healers.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-08-13 at 08:58 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cockus Maximus View Post
    Hey guys! With Classic fast approaching, I've finally narrowed down my class choice to either Shadow Priest or Feral Druid. However, while I like the concept of a Shadow Priest more, my main concern about maining one comes from all the rumors I hear about their horrible mana efficiency.

Has anyone here had any experience with Shadow Priests back in Vanilla WoW? If so, what do you think of a DPS talent build that takes Meditation from the Discipline tree and Spirit Tap in Shadow, then stacks Spirit either through gear, enchants, or both? I get that upfront damage would suffer, but if it helps to stay active throughout a longer fight, could that increase overall DPS? Also, how would recovery after a fight be affected by stacking Spirit with this build?

The idea of having to drink and be OOM all the time doesn't sound appealing to me which is one of the reasons why I'm also looking at Feral as my second choice, but if it's possible to alleviate that through talents and gear I'd be willing to give Shadow a chance.
    If you want to raid as a priest you will be healing.
    Get over it
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    If you want to raid as a priest you will be healing.
    Get over it
    lol good joke

"holy weaving" is some next level tryhard shit. It may sound fine in theory but in practice it sucks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    lol good joke
    Enjoy raiding as a shadow and not getting any loot lol
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Enjoy raiding as a shadow and not getting any loot lol
    That's so odd, I did raid as Shadow in vanilla and I got all kinds of loot.

I really don't know where you people get this stuff. I mean, if you're trying to be funny or trying to get people going, I can understand that and if so, well done.

That's so odd, I did raid as Shadow in vanilla and I got all kinds of loot.

I really don't know where you people get this stuff. I mean, if you're trying to be funny or trying to get people going, I can understand that and if so, well done.
    People didnt know better then, better guilds simply eventually told them to go back to healing and thats a fact.

After you learnt how the game works, you adapt, players that didnt, were simply a hindrance, and again, most guilds didnt know better so it wasnt surprising to see some weird things even at Naxx progression.

But this isnt Vanilla, and everything is now known, if you roll a priest and expect to DPS and be in a meaningful guild, you better get ready to heal.

The again, raiding in Vanilla can have many different terms, claiming you raided in Vanilla to do MC/ZG/BWL with 1.11 talents and gear changes and thinking your argument has any vaue is like claiming the sun doesnt exist.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    People didnt know better then, better guilds simply eventually told them to go back to healing and thats a fact.

After you learnt how the game works, you adapt, players that didnt, were simply a hindrance, and again, most guilds didnt know better so it wasnt surprising to see some weird things even at Naxx progression.

But this isnt Vanilla, and everything is now known, if you roll a priest and expect to DPS and be in a meaningful guild, you better get ready to heal.

The again, raiding in Vanilla can have many different terms, claiming you raided in Vanilla to do MC/ZG/BWL with 1.11 talents and gear changes and thinking your argument has any vaue is like claiming the sun doesnt exist.
    Actually, that's an opinion. That may have been the case in YOUR guild but it was never the case in mine and others I've known.

Yes, this isn't vanilla but the core experience is the same. People who knew how to properly utilize what's available will do so. Those who never fully understood something will treat it and talk about it like it's trash. And that's their right to do. Ignorant people will be ignorant.

I really have no idea what your last comment means.

Actually, that's an opinion. That may have been the case in YOUR guild but it was never the case in mine and others I've known.

Yes, this isn't vanilla but the core experience is the same. People who knew how to properly utilize what's available will do so. Those who never fully understood something will treat it and talk about it like it's trash. And that's their right to do. Ignorant people will be ignorant.

I really have no idea what your last comment means.
    Its a hit at your claim that you raided in Vanilla as a Shadow Priest, i highly doubt you did any relevant content at a relevant time table and have the audacity to claim Shadow Priest is anything more than a shadow debuff for the Warlocks/mana battery.