Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Know the solution?

Pay for another account.

Just like you would have if Classic weren't part of your main account.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys CAN play Classic AND Retail at the same time.

Just get 2 seperate accounts, with 2 seperate subscriptions. Viola! You can now play both Classic and Retail at the same time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You've never been able to play two different characters on the same WoW Account...why would this be any different? It's still just 1 Account.

Want to play "Retail" and Classic at the same time? Get two accounts.
    Because they're separate games with separate launchers. Classic becomes much less useful for me if I can't play it while camping rares. It's just a boring, slow version of retail where only a few classes are good.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    because its different games. you can log ov, hots, hs, wow retail, wow ptr and wow beta at the same time - so why not classic too?

Answer: MONEY!

- - - Updated - - -

Its not the same WOW Account....one is called WoW the other is called CLASSIC in your launcher.
    If you use different accounts then you won't have any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Guessing your dick handles retail, the limited amount of abilities just make it micropenis accessable.
    in classic you press 1 button

ONE

in bfa u press 4+

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Because they're separate games with separate launchers. Classic becomes much less useful for me if I can't play it while camping rares. It's just a boring, slow version of retail where only a few classes are good.
    But it's still the same account. Separate launcher means nothing.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrik View Post
    This actually is a small problem which people replying here dont seem to understand. Theres plenty of reasons why you would want to have both games up at the same time. For instance, you are queuing for raid finder or waiting for your mythic+ group to fill on retail. Or maybe the role is reversed. Waiting for a dungeon group to fill, already at the stone. Gives you a fair bit of time to do dailies on retail.

Now what do you do? Sounds like quite a mundane task where you would be better off playing something else at the same time. Id gladly spend sometime alt tabbing between the 2 games so I dont have to wait around.
    That's really not a problem they have to solve. If you want to be logged in twice you need a 2nd subscription. They were nice enough to not charge for classic separately or increase the cost. I agree it would be nice but I'd also love to login to 2 characters on live and that will never happen.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    To the people saying "Get another subscription", never understood why you people always defend the company who's limiting you to try and force you to spend more to play a game, always seemed weird. To each their own I suppose.
    I've never understood why people who play 2+ games at the same time think it's acceptable in group activities to not be focused to it. If you split the time down evenly you're doing < 50% per game for just two games. If you refuse to focus, you shouldn't do group activity. Which is what everyone is groaning about forming groups, LFR, M+, etc. It's bad enough people already ignore group content/voice chat by watching movies and having to have people repeat things because they missed it.

Maybe people are defending the "Pay the fuck attention" instead of "big bad company is 'making' me dedicate my time to one instance of my WoW sub"
    To each their own indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Because those games don't use WoW accounts, duh.
    Classic doesnt use your wow account from retail either, duh!

- - - Updated - - -

You, however, can't log in on the same WoW acc multiple times, if you try, you get kicked out.
    wow retail and beta ad ptr can be logged in at the same time, so you are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    If people are AFK on retail while their party forms in Classic, how is that any different to queuing in Dungeon Finder while you do world quests?
    Oh no people playing HS while forming groups on classic is okay but god beware someone does retail dailies intsead of hs ones....

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    Are they fuckin serious this is so dumb...why would they make it like that?!?!?

I was logged in chillin an tried to login to retail an got kicked now im in a fuckin 15k Q like omfg
    dude, ur sub time would run out twice as fast :/

Such a mechanic actually makes a ton of free money, i'd do the same.

Because they're the same account. How else do you think they know you're able to play Classic based on your main account's sub? If you wanna play both at the same time, get a 2nd sub on your battle.net and use that one for Classic and your main one for BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    Technically they aren't different games. The classic servers sharing the same tech like the retail servers, so trying to login on retail and classic at the same time is like triying to login into EU-Kazzak and EU-Ragnaros at the same time.
    no its not! wow retail is as different to classic as wow retail is to wow ptr/beta

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    You have paid exactly nothing to play Classic, so why should you be the one to dictate the terms of the arrangement here? Why should you be able to log into Retail and Classic at the same time just because you want to, but player B not be able to log into two different Retail characters at the same time?
    retail != classic why is that so hard to get into your brain, there is no damege being able to log into wow retail, classic, ptr, beta at the same time.
    login two toons from your RETAIL account at the same time can be used as EXPLOIT thats the reason why it was disabled back in vanilla (cause gues what, you used to be able to do that!)

- - - Updated - - -

But you AREN'T running them on the same account. You use the same b.net account, but PTR has its own separate WoW account. Retail and Classic WoW, however, share the same WoW account.
    no they DONT. they share the same bnet account NOT the same wow account.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Because it would allow people to account share. It's extremely simple.
    Or, more worryingly, want to make a farming bot on BFA and Classic at the same time? Its easy, just hack or buy one account instead of two.
    its not like you could avoid that in the age of ip tracing and authenticators...

retail != classic why is that so hard to get into your brain, there is no damege being able to log into wow retail, classic, ptr, beta at the same time.
    login two toons from your RETAIL account at the same time can be used as EXPLOIT thats the reason why it was disabled back in vanilla (cause gues what, you used to be able to do that!)\
    Maybe take a step back from the sheer entitlement you seem to have for a second. It's the same damn game on the same damn account. You need to have an active account to play both versions of WoW.

You want to play both at the same time get a second account and stop demanding every damn thing under the sun be handed to you on a fucking silver platter. Out of every thing to complain about this is the most ridiculous one I've seen. They provide the Classic experience, don't ask a damn thing from you in exchange, and it's still not good enough. You need to cry that you can't play both at the same time.

Classic doesnt use your wow account from retail either, duh!
    Yes it does. You get access to Classic through your subscription to WoW, duh. You don't create a separate account for Classic. If you don't have a sub for "retail"...you don't get to play Classic.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I honestly think they either just didn't think about it, because they are so focused on feedback from vanilla purists and hardcore raiders from retail, or they did think about it but decided not many people would care, and maybe they were right. I feel like many posters here are coming up with their own reasonings which have nothing to do with reality though.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    What reason do you have for logging into both games at once?
    There's many activities you can do semi-afk in WoW. Farming collectibles being the easiest example, but also more mainstream stuff such as sitting in queue for LFR, dungeons, etc. Doesn't take that much thinking to come up with an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    Right. And that's the way it is. Coming here to complain about it just so much more bellyaching
    There's plenty of things in the game which are made in some way by Blizzard and people still complain about it. Some of those things actually get changed based on that feedback. You just happen to disagree with that complaint, and that's why you say it's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    Because it wouldn't replicate the genuine vanilla experience.

The time waiting to do things (forming groups etc) is the primary breeding ground for social interactions.

If people are AFK on retail while their party forms in Classic, how is that any different to queuing in Dungeon Finder while you do world quests?
    This is an invalid argument. You can literally play every single other game than retail wow at the same time as classic, browse youtube, or do whatever else. If people don't want to socialize, you won't force them. Maybe this was true in 2004, because people didn't have PCs able to run wow + another game at the same time, but it's possible now, and disabling one other game doesn't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    If you had to pay for Classic, then they likely wouldn't have a problem with it. However, you and I both know that people would take advantage that it is free and people would share their account with others and play at the same time. Now, if they could guarantee that people would only use it the way you are wanting to, then yes, I believe they'd allow it. Unfortunately, we live in a world where dickheads make it so we can't have nice things.
    Again, in that case they shouldn't allow you to play any b.net game at the same time, because you can play wow and let someone else use your account to play diablo, starcraft, or whatever. Not sure how this argument makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    gain, in that case they shouldn't allow you to play any b.net game at the same time, because you can play wow and let someone else use your account to play diablo, starcraft, or whatever. Not sure how this argument makes sense
    There's no subscription fee for any of those other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    I only see one thing that is dumb. Someone that thought they could play two instances of WoW on the same account at the same time.
    But they are not the same, they are 2 different games. You can play wow, hos, overwatch, d3... At the same time since they are different games.

- - - Updated - - -

No but there is a purchase fee, they can limit it to same computer

Okay, I can sort of see that argument with there being 1 sub for two games, but I think it's a bit weak one, and I don't think this is the reason for this current arrangement, but who knows.