Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Except she also said she feels conflicted. And that's not grasping at straws. Grasping at straws is thinking that Sylvanas will be the focus of 8.3 when the story is very clearly not headed in that direction.
    Azshara in 8.2 had absolutely no buildup in 8.1. We've had 2 out of three patches added to the game, each one had a Warbringer as the final boss, Sylvanas is all that's left.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Azshara in 8.2 had absolutely no buildup in 8.1. We've had 2 out of three patches added to the game, each one had a Warbringer as the final boss, Sylvanas is all that's left.
    That's not a rule, that's an assumption you made up based on a coincidence. I, on the other hand, have a direct statement from Ion saying that the Azshara cinematic would make it clear who the final boss is (hint: it's not Sylvanas, as she never appears there), and a slide from last Blizzcon where it's literally spelt out to you that N'Zoth is next after patch 8.2.

So okay, let me guess how you people would write the lore. After N'Zoth finally finds freedom, after an old god is unshackled at long last... we just forget about it and for some reason go to Stormwind for a Shadowlands invasion? Where is the logic in that, the consistency, the climax?
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-09-07 at 09:02 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Also, got to love your stupid argument. "You are a straw man. Now watch me theorize that she always wanted to play an evil character."
    You are being really dense now. Do you really not see the irony here? It's just as stupid as saying the voice actress wanted to play a good character, when Sylvanas has never been one.

I don't think either of those things, which is my entire point.

I personally don't hope Sylvanas becomes a raid boss in 8.3, so if that's why you're being stubborn, you can save it. But that doesn't change the fact that the two previous warbringers have been raid bosses. It doesn't change the fact that we can't read minds. Anything can happen at this point, and arguing against that fact is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    You are being really dense now. Do you really not see the irony here? It's just as stupid as saying the voice actress wanted to play a good character, when Sylvanas has never been one.

I don't think either of those things, which is my entire point.

I personally don't hope Sylvanas becomes a raid boss in 8.3, so if that's why you're being stubborn, you can save it. But that doesn't change the fact that the two previous warbringers have been raid bosses. It doesn't change the fact that we can't read minds. Anything can happen at this point, and arguing against that fact is silly.
    Or it's like saying that the Chinese VA wants to keep her job, and that isn't possible anymore after what Sylvanas does in the next cinematic.

"Anything can happen" is bullshit. Sylvanas never appears in the Azshara cinematic. Thus she isn't the final boss of 8.3. It's simple.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

"Anything can happen" is bullshit. Sylvanas never appears in the Azshara cinematic. Thus she isn't the final boss of 8.3. It's simple.
    Then use that argument instead. It's more sound than any of your other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You mean because we can look at it objectively, explore the situation without falling prey to knee-jerk reactions that lead us to form prejudices before we even know what's going on, and don't live our lives with whatever the opposite of rose-tinted glasses would be?
    Yes, that's exactly what's needed to see Blizzard's writing as a masterpiece. Objectivity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    Then use that argument instead. It's more sound than any of your other ones.
    In literally the first post I made today, which you quoted, I made that argument.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodenbog View Post
    Because the Elder Scrolls world is written with far more consistency and dare I say it, creativity.
    The same universe that said Talos turning the jungles of Cyrodill into a more coninental forest was simply a translation error?

Don't get me wrong they still have a better track record than Blizz, but consistency is not really their strong point.

Does anyone else think that the harbor as it appears in that screenshot is kind of small? It looks bigger in the game, especially the wharfs.

In literally the first post I made today, which you quoted, I made that argument.
    I know, I'm just saying stick to that one. ;-)

It's called gameplay and story segregation. In a Cata era story Anduin shows him the hearthstone Jaina gave him so he could come visit her whenever Varian was having one of his Lo'gosh moods. Varian mentions that he'd heard stories of hearthstones, in fairy tails about mages and elves. Think on that. The King of Stormwind thought an item every player begins with in their bags was a fairy tail. Also to address your issue the portals to and from Draenor were stated to be temporary, limited in how many people could pass in a given time, and limited in the size of objects that could pass. There'd be no armies or siege engines going through.
    Except what @Teriz mentioned isn't a gameplay and story segregation because we've seen the portals in questlines and there's been no mention of their super duper rarity and whatnot that'd make them comparable to your hearthstone example. And your remark about how they wouldn't let armies through is both a straw-man and special pleading. Straw-man because neither Teriz nor anyone else said anything implying that. Special pleading because it isn't exactly anything unusual for WoW's portal. Non-Legion portals capable of transporting entire armies are rare as hell.

Are you going to give us any specific examples of consistency issues or just throw out a general example that's impossible to disprove?
    Are you seriously going to pretend the retcon bonanza that is WoW doesn't have consistency issues just to preserve your "objective" view that WoW's writing is the gift from a god of perfection? Come on, even Chronicle's retcons that were supposed to set the story straight are being retconned back (like how Chronicle retconned things so that Trolls did not predate the arrival of the Titans yet there's info on Zandalar that shows they did).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    The same universe that said Talos turning the jungles of Cyrodill into a more coninental forest was simply a translation error?

Don't get me wrong they still have a better track record than Blizz, but consistency is not really their strong point.
    You are not wrong, but I never said that TES series was without errors, but merely that TES indeed has far more consistency compared to story of WoW. Maybe not "far more" though, you are probably correct on this.

Still, I got into Warcraft world with W2, so in my opinion, WoW as a MMO was a mistake in the first place for the story. From a financial point of view, WoW is a colossal success.
    ACCOUNT TERMINATED.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Just realized, the final encounter is a callback to one of Kairoz's visions of time and Garrosh's vision of a Horde victory during 5.4. All the Horde and Alliance leaders dead in Stormwind harbor. This is too good of a foreshadowing to pass up. I'm now convinced this is 100% real.

And guess who is missing in those visions?

Gallywix and Mekkatorque.
    ...and Nathanos, and Genn, and Malfurion, Turalyon, Alleria, Velen, Saurfang (the primary leader of the rebellion), Talanj, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    ...and Nathanos, and Genn, and Malfurion, Turalyon, Alleria, Velen, Saurfang (the primary leader of the rebellion), Talanj, etc.
    Wilfire is a troll. He's a pretty vocal hater of BfA's storyline, as you can tell by his avatar.

[Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-09-07 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Forbidden Topics - Don't call troll, because of game taste/avatar.

7+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh's thing was orcs first everyone else can either serve or die.
    thats just false, he was not like this until everyone open became against and rebel against him, he had a beef with trolls because vol'jin didn't help in the war against the LK because zazalane threat and was taking horde resources for it.

Remember his on-click quote "You can serve the Horde, or be crushed beneath it."
    where this imply orcs first than anyone else?
    Once the other Horde races realized they were only cannon fodder for Garrosh orcish supremacy they turned on him.
    Again both false, he was not orchish supremacist, and they turned on him since day one.

What was the war the Alliance started? Cause it seems to be he started it by invading Ashenvale and putting a blockade around all of Kalimdor before nuking Theramore.
    Varian open declared war against thrall in undercity

Garrosh didn't bomb Theramore thinking it would make the Alliance surrender or capitulate. He wasn't going to stop until everyone who opposed him, Horde or not, were dead.
    how nuking an alliance base who was fucking up the horde imply he would kill horde? lol
    Sylvanas (IF she's being truthful) is doing what she is for the benefit of the entire Horde over the long run.
    thats bullshit and i don't know you can even have say that without joking, SHE is killing friend and foe to archieve her own personal goal

the entire world dead is not rly horde benefit.
    She's not favoring any one group, not throwing any one group under the bus.
    LUL
    If the world, the Light-heavy Alliance, are willing to accept the Void Elves they have no grounds to complain about Sylvanas using Xal'atath,
    we are not talking about alliance, but horde, horde didn't accept void elves, and there is a big difference in using void magic, that hord had used since the primordial days than dabbling with old gods minions.

unless they want to be grade A hypocrites.
    again, alliance accepting void elves is totally irrelevant for the horde.

We don't know what her deal with Helya was,
    unlikely to be a good thing

"fucking up the horde is nothing to him, he is condescended to some zandalari trolls and not his horde people" I have absolutely no idea what you even mean by all this.
    because they made vol'jin a hypocrite, he was the one who start the rebellion, he was against Garrosh and sworn him to death since day one, he was against Garrosh tattics, he was against his use of other kind of magic like Mogu power, but somehow he i totally ok with sylvans doing objectively worse, and he is more interested in zandalari trolls and ghuun instead of his own people, the horde.

again, this expansion have serious issues with consistency and you just showed why
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-09-07 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    but the cinematic screenshot IS real, not are real.....it's like if i said you IS a dumbass when the right syntax would be you ARE a dumbass

Infracted.
    My bad. I was probably just too busy or tired to notice that I made a grammatical error like that. I am not a native speaker. No need to call me a dumbass though.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

5+ Year Old Account
    Wilfire is a troll. He's a pretty vocal hater of BfA's storyline, as you can tell by his avatar.
    Anyone with even a hint of standards would be a vocal hater of the BfA storyline. And class design. Even Ion admitted that the latter sucks balls (not with these exact words, but it meant the same).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

we are not talking about alliance, but horde, horde didn't accept void elves, and there is a big difference in using void magic, that hord had used since the primordial days than dabbling with old gods minions.
    Technically the horde refusing void elves was mostly because their presence puts the Sunwell in danger. Remember Alleria was welcomed in Silvermoon and was only asked to leave when it became apparent that her void powers mess with the Sunwell. Also it is kinda a shame that Alleria's visit is tied to the Nightborne recruitment quest. So again, Horde only.

Anyone with even a hint of standards would be a vocal hater of the BfA storyline. And class design. Even Ion admitted that the latter sucks balls (not with these exact words, but it meant the same).

- - - Updated - - -

Technically the horde refusing void elves was mostly because their presence puts the Sunwell in danger. Remember Alleria was welcomed in Silvermoon and was only asked to leave when it became apparent that her void powers mess with the Sunwell. Also it is kinda a shame that Alleria's visit is tied to the Nightborne recruitment quest. So again, Horde only.
    Which was a stupid decision, since:

A) Silvermoon is not even close to the Sunwell so they didn't need to be exiled from Silvermoon;

B) Theron and Rommath stupidly assumed that the void elves for some reason wouldn't have learned to control their powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    So what's the current news about this, any more believable than before?

Surely 8.3 should be out on the PTR soon, right? Considering it's less than two months until the expansion reveal at Blizzcon.
    With Sylvanas being on the picture, I'm guessing a death themed expansion might truly be the next

- - - Updated - - -

It honestly seems a bit awkward there because it leaves 2 possibilities. 1) They were aware of the voids effect on the Sunwell at which point why allow Alleria to come near it? or 2) They were unaware of the voids effect on the Sunwell so why were all the other void-practicing Blood Elfs exiled?