Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Also the question in classic/vanilla feel like real quests, questing feels like question, yes for lazy plebs it can be difficult to realize that but that's the life.
    mmh yeah. Nothing feels like proper questing like killing 60 mobs for 6 bodyparts. That's quality design right there.

Can't wait for BC and Wrath. Vanilla is fine and all but the Golden Age is BC and Wrath.

You do realize that tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands were donating money to play on private servers and for 10 years of not more? Friend was playing on one of the private servers for 5+ years and probably donated 500$ or more....

People now pay to do same world quests each and every fucking day, to do same dungeons over and over again and to do same raid for months until new one comes or until new expansion comes.

Also the question in classic/vanilla feel like real quests, questing feels like question, yes for lazy plebs it can be difficult to realize that but that's the life.
    tens of thousands isnt enough to even pretend to pay the bills.

tens of thousands gets you a department of 2 developers, tops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets see.
    Classic is basically a full time job if you want to be any good at it.
    Hybrid classes are 100% useless.
    Non Stop grind even after 60, youll be grinidng for weeks just to buy your Epic Mount. Worst then D3 Grinding.
    Very Limited Endgame, and NOTHING outside raiding.
    No farming Pets/Mounts/Collectables, this is big for people that dont have much to do between raids.
    Extremely boring quests and low drop rates.

I think only plus side about it is the old school PVP, if youre into it.

Vanilla was/is just nostalgia which is why they should have redone BC, where Quality of life changed so much but still retained that classic feel to it.

It will die, and sooner then you think. NOT a classic hater, this is just facts.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    It will die, and sooner then you think. NOT a classic hater, this is just facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    Classic is shit, i went through it when it was live, and no way in hell ill ever return to it.
    No comment needed.
    Last edited by Akka; 2019-09-15 at 01:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not as steep as I expected. I'm actually annoyed by the masses of players I have to fight with for mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    mmh yeah. Nothing feels like proper questing like killing 60 mobs for 6 bodyparts. That's quality design right there.
    Much better than being in a group with 5, killing a single mob and getting 6 eyes in total.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    tens of thousands isnt enough to even pretend to pay the bills.

tens of thousands gets you a department of 2 developers, tops.
    You do realize that those were ppl who payed but didn't had to pay. Classic had over 300k players in total...

Much better than being in a group with 5, killing a single mob and getting 6 eyes in total.
    Depends on how much you like pressing one button to kill a mob and for how long.

because spending an hour on a single quest, when you could be running dungeons for better xp, is pretty damn ridiculous.

Depends on how much you like pressing one button to kill a mob and for how long.

because spending an hour on a single quest, when you could be running dungeons for better xp, is pretty damn ridiculous.
    I like the challenge, there is zero ducking challenge in BfA quests, you can solo everything you can queue in <5sec for a WB tag it and afk to get the loot. Quests in BfA as well in most of the previous expansions are as hard as taking a candy from a baby.

its steep enough that my server Mograine doesn't have queue anymore in the evening, still tons of players in the game

I like the challenge, there is zero ducking challenge in BfA quests, you can solo everything you can queue in <5sec for a WB tag it and afk to get the loot. Quests in BfA as well in most of the previous expansions are as hard as taking a candy from a baby.
    But there's absolutely nothing challenging about having to holocaust a specie for their hearts.

The only challenge is not getting frustrated and going back to dungeon cleave.

But there's absolutely nothing challenging about having to holocaust a specie for their hearts.

The only challenge is not getting frustrated and going back to dungeon cleave.
    Well there still more challenge than afking during a quest and getting 6 eyes from a mob that has 2

Well there still more challenge than afking during a quest and getting 6 eyes from a mob that has 2
    And I never encountered such things in current wow. I even checked one time during a quest how many items a mob would yield and in case of eyes, they never yield more than 2 for those who have only 2 eyes anyway. Try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    And I never encountered such things in current wow. I even checked one time during a quest how many items a mob would yield and in case of eyes, they never yield more than 2 for those who have only 2 eyes anyway. Try harder.
    I think he means the fact everyone gets a quest item from a mob, instead of having to kill 60 mobs for 6 items x number of people in group.

I think he means the fact everyone gets a quest item from a mob, instead of having to kill 60 mobs for 6 items x number of people in group.
    And that is stupid design because that does not promote grouping

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im a Classic fanboy and this game is for me the one and only game i will be playing for months to come.
    And even though i used to get mad everytime i read Blizzard's "we expect a steep drop-off in interest"...after playing the game, i have to say i agree with them.

I dont think i need to repeat myself but this game is for me the best thing in videogame history, yet i think its only for incredibly patient people.
    And do you think the majority of the current market is "incredibly patient"? In the age of "zoomers"? I dont think so...imo.

This is all a personal opinion after playing the game AND thinking to myself...there is no way the rest of the world enjoys the same things i do.
    Even though im enjoying it like crazy, i dont believe todays market enjoys the things a 30y old me enjoys.

And im "ok" with this.
    I dont need Classic to be a success to prove anything to others. I just want it to exist so i can play it with other people who also enjoy it.

What is your opinion after playing the game and CONSIDER in your opinion the current market of videogames?
    I've seen a massive drop-off, anecdotally speaking of course. The first week or so there were routinely 60-70 people on my Battlenet friends list playing Classic daily. Lately its been the same 7 or 8, the people I knew to be crazy-excited for it. Most of the others are back to BFA stuff or not playing either (that I see).
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    2 years ago "Lmao, no one wants Classic" => Hype increases

2 months ago "Lmao, Classic will fail in less than a week, you think you do but you don't" => Hype is an all time high

Classic launches, breaking records on twitch , with servers being opened everyday due to most servers being full with queues of 5h+

Mysteriously, the nay-sayers disapear.

2 weeks after classic launch, with dozens and dozens of many new servers so population is finally spread out, even though there's still queues on many mega servers: "So guys, let's talk about the steep drop off on population. I told you this would happen"

There will be a steep drop but that's not because Classic is driven by hype or it is, in the core, an inferior game compared to retail. The reason is simple; it has an end and everyone knows it. If Blizzard promised an authentic Classic expansion today, it would sustain more subscribers than retail.

What some of you have to consider is that some of us, such as myself and most of my friends, haven't played Vanilla. These people will keep playing.

My server, a PvE server, is still lively as ever, 3 weeks later. We still hit High/Full during primetime every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Mysteriously, the nay-sayers disapear.
    Nah, now it's "classic will be dead in a couple months, just you wait".

And then "classic will be dead in 6 months, just you wait"

And then "classic will be dead in a year, just you wait"

and then....

It honestly feels like that Stonetoss comic about Bitcoin being "just a bubble", only with Classic's population instead of Bitcoin.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    My server, a PvE server, is still lively as ever, 3 weeks later. We still hit High/Full during primetime every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, now it's "classic will be dead in a couple months, just you wait".

And then "classic will be dead in 6 months, just you wait"

And then "classic will be dead in a year, just you wait"

and then....

It honestly feels like that Stonetoss comic about Bitcoin being "just a bubble", only with Classic's population instead of Bitcoin.
    Exactly this! ^