10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And in your mind it would make Jaina the leader of the Alliance, no doubt.

No thanks. Redeemed Undead are a shit idea and resorting to contrived infighting as a substitute for actually having a real part in a story and not just being guided by other forces is bland and lame.
    We should have races that are already part of the faction as AR, the Alliance have more options in this than the Horde, but still works (Jinyu, WH Dwarf, Broken, etc...), and yes... FUCK the idea of "Redeemed Undead" or whatever

And in your mind it would make Jaina the leader of the Alliance, no doubt.

No thanks. Redeemed Undead are a shit idea and resorting to contrived infighting as a substitute for actually having a real part in a story and not just being guided by other forces is bland and lame.
    Jaina or Genn, don't mind. Both are a million times better than the useless boy king.

Oh and as much as I dislike it too, Redemeed Undead are unfortunately a thing.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Making the High King less important (disbanding the position) would be monumentally better than killing or shuffling characters.

Get rid of Warchief and High King for gods sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    We should have races that are already part of the faction as AR, the Alliance have more options in this than the Horde, but still works (Jinyu, WH Dwarf, Broken, etc...), and yes... FUCK the idea of "Redeemed Undead" or whatever
    What would you do with Wildhammer Dwarves to make them stick out... cause right now they seem to be mostly regular dwarves but like flying and gryphons. The Broken I do agree they are good for an Allied race to. Same with Jinyu as a nod to MoP. I don't mind Redeemed Undead but...leave Anduin out of this.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Making the High King less important (disbanding the position) would be monumentally better than killing or shuffling characters.

Get rid of Warchief and High King for gods sake.
    You cannot compare High King (Anduin) to Warchief (Thrall, Voljin, Sylvanas). They're completely different when it comes to power / influence. Varian was a High King, Anduin is a pawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Jaina or Genn, don't mind. Both are a million times better than the useless boy king.

Oh and as much as I dislike it too, Redemeed Undead are unfortunately a thing.
    But there is a reason why the Boy King is the leader.

He's a replacement for old Jaina. A pacifist to a fault to make sure that "the lion" doesn't actually try to use its claws and instead wails away in a cage, constantly being poked by, arguably, a weaker faction, so that said faction can continue to survive and create conflict without being crushed.

Anduin wasn't some kinda coincidence: he is the perfect way for Blizzard to keep the Alliance declawed, which is what they want. If Jaina or Genn takes his spot, they'll just suffer the same fate.

- - - Updated - - -

You cannot compare High King (Anduin) to Warchief (Thrall, Voljin, Sylvanas). They're completely different when it comes to power / influence.
    High King is basically Blue Warchief.

Both High King and Warchief are dumb roles.

The best thing to happen to the Alliance would be for them to lose; you can get a whole lot of story mileage out of being vassalised and/or occupied, with both overt and covert rebel groups popping up to continue the narrative for the player.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    What would you do with Wildhammer Dwarves to make them stick out... cause right now they seem to be mostly regular dwarves but like flying and gryphons. The Broken I do agree they are good for an Allied race to. Same with Jinyu as a nod to MoP. I don't mind Redeemed Undead but...leave Anduin out of this.
    Make them more savage.

Dark iron dwarfs are literally just dwarves but black.

And anduin is a boring character.

he is too 1 dimensional.

10+ Year Old Account
    But there is a reason why the Boy King is the leader.

He's a replacement for old Jaina. A pacifist to a fault to make sure that "the lion" doesn't actually try to use its claws and instead wails away in a cage, constantly being poked by, arguably, a weaker faction, so that said faction can continue to survive and create conflict without being crushed.

Anduin wasn't some kinda coincidence: he is the perfect way for Blizzard to keep the Alliance declawed, which is what they want. If Jaina or Genn takes his spot, they'll just suffer the same fate.
    He's not declawed, he's there because there is a path for him to go. He's went from super pacifist to knowing there are times for war and he's willingly shed blood b4 and he will do it again. Its pretty damn obvious, the fact he's not stupid about it isn't a bad thing.

The best thing to happen to the Alliance would be for them to lose; you can get a whole lot of story mileage out of being vassalised and/or occupied, with both overt and covert rebel groups popping up to continue the narrative for the player.
    Respectfully that kinda answer can fuck off.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

High King is basically Blue Warchief.

You can compare the positions, yes. But you cannot compare the current reigning Warchief / High King. They're on entirely different power levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    He hates Anduin for dumb reasons. Leave Anduin alone ffs.
    ''Leave briteny- I mean my favorite alone!!!!1111''

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I don't mind new races (for example, Ankoan could be cool, maybe with a Jinyu side-option), but Redeemed/Holy Undead are a fanfiction-tier idea and don't particularly fill any sorely needed niche. Monster race? Worgen. Holy race? Uhh.. do we need more?

There is no gain to it other than it's easy to reskin yet another Horde race and give it to the Alliance.

I don't mind new races (for example, Ankoan could be cool, maybe with a Jinyu side-option), but Redeemed/Holy Undead are a fanfiction-tier idea and don't particularly fill any sorely needed niche. Monster race? Worgen. Holy race? Uhh.. do we need more?

There is no gain to it other than it's easy to reskin yet another Horde race and give it to the Alliance.
    Yeah They are on the same tier that Void elves are on. They belong in shitty fan fiction.

He's not declawed, he's there because there is a path for him to go. He's went from super pacifist to knowing there are times for war and he's willingly shed blood b4 and he will do it again. Its pretty damn obvious, the fact he's not stupid about it isn't a bad thing.
    His pacifism is to a fault and it exists solely so that the Alliance doesn't crush the Horde outright after years of the good old red instigating things when they do have the means and have greater military power, technology and everything in between.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turning Anduin into an Undead would open a lot of storylines:

- Redeemed Undead with Calia
    We're already potentially getting this anyway with Calia showing up as is. Anduin's death serves no purpose for this to happen.

- Stir conflict with Undead hating Genn and for sure with Tyrande as well
    Genn only hates Sylvanas now, not all Undead. Before the Storm saw to that. Tyrande may well already hate Anduin for not helping her, but she's more anti-Horde than merely anti-Undead. Again, Anduins death serves no purpose here.

- Humans would look for a new leader as most despise Undead
    Not so sure I agree here. Humans have been ruled by the Wrynn family for some time and Anduin wouldn't be fully dead if he's undead. Plus, we've already seen how well Alonsus & Calia do in turning hearts and minds. If Anduin becomes Undead, it would almost certainly be the style of Calia rather than just via Val'kyr...which means he potentially could still lead Stormwind.

- Alliance needs a new High King / Leader
    We just got this one. He perhaps could use some more conflict and a little less shining light/boy king around the edges, but why aside from your dislike of Anduin would the Alliance really need a new High King? What besides your dislike of the character necessitates this?

- Will he side with Sylvanas / turn against Alliance?
    Nope. Sylvanas doesn't even seem to have full loyalty within her own group, given Voss' comments. The Light is also extremely strong with Anduin, and there's no chance Calia/Alonsus would allow him to be lost or turn against the Alliance.

I'm not saying that Anduin becoming Undead wouldn't make for an interesting turn in the story, it absolutely would. But I'm not sure that it would really create a ton of conflict as opposed to be more of a doubling down on the Calia/Alonsus/Anduin link to the Light that we've already seen building up.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Yeah They are on the same tier that Void elves are on. They belong in shitty fan fiction.
    At least Void Elves are just Blood Elves voided. Not really novel? Sure, but not an outright lore abortion, just pretty weak.

But Lightforged Undead? Risen by Naaru? That's some real WoTLK-era fanfiction tripe that would get you laughed off the forum if you'd suggested it before Blizzard thought it up. May as well bring in a race of Med'an's interdimensional offspring that time-traveled from the future to join us in "the past".

My main problem with Anduin ist actually only him being the High King of the Alliance. When he was still younger and had no such responsibility, his being a 'good' type, investigating everything, understanding everything and seeing all aspects of a story and its actors was good and could be used to further a story and even create some friction, by specifically angering more pro-active parts of the Alliance. But as High King he simply, by virtue of being just that, he makes the whole Alliance go along with his way of seeing things.
    On the other hand I can very well see him stretching himself, his belief, his faith and his patience too far and breaking down exactly because of that. Not by going 'dark side' and committing atrocities, but by falling to brooding and inaction, so others will have to act on their own.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just saw someone post some true leak worthy info, we better not ignore like previous time

that seems more likely to be, just crap to saurfang needing to die to save zappy boy, but again its a very possible scenario.

I didn't choose to, I didn't care to add it, since it stands. She's not the paragon of loyalty to the Warchief position and never has been. The fact that she and her fanboys are demanding it both in-universe and in real life discussions is comical.

Didn't expect you to get so flustered over such basic facts, though.
    >honor means nothing to a corpse, fuck you old horde people, fuck honor hahaha
    >why no one honor the blood oath and wants to betray the warchief where is the honor in the horde, im devasted

Warchief is fine, they just need to stop fucking in up

high king in lothar time was fine, change the same to supreme commander and make it like it was supposed to be, just a militar position.

I would rather have the AU lightforged led by Yrel (aka lightforged orcs) at this point. than light forsaken. For alliance.
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2019-09-17 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    We're already potentially getting this anyway with Calia showing up as is. Anduin's death serves no purpose for this to happen.

Genn only hates Sylvanas now, not all Undead. Before the Storm saw to that. Tyrande may well already hate Anduin for not helping her, but she's more anti-Horde than merely anti-Undead. Again, Anduins death serves no purpose here.

Not so sure I agree here. Humans have been ruled by the Wrynn family for some time and Anduin wouldn't be fully dead if he's undead. Plus, we've already seen how well Alonsus & Calia do in turning hearts and minds. If Anduin becomes Undead, it would almost certainly be the style of Calia rather than just via Val'kyr...which means he potentially could still lead Stormwind.

We just got this one. He perhaps could use some more conflict and a little less shining light/boy king around the edges, but why aside from your dislike of Anduin would the Alliance really need a new High King? What besides your dislike of the character necessitates this?

Nope. Sylvanas doesn't even seem to have full loyalty within her own group, given Voss' comments. The Light is also extremely strong with Anduin, and there's no chance Calia/Alonsus would allow him to be lost or turn against the Alliance.

I'm not saying that Anduin becoming Undead wouldn't make for an interesting turn in the story, it absolutely would. But I'm not sure that it would really create a ton of conflict as opposed to be more of a doubling down on the Calia/Alonsus/Anduin link to the Light that we've already seen building up.
    I mean what I say isn't debatable, it's speculation and ideas. As likely to happen as it is unlikely, that's why I said the outcome is unclear. I just wish for something like that, something unclear. And not the full route to Garrosh 2.0 Sylvanas is up to. Give me something... unexpected. And not "we fight N'zoth now because MUH OBVIOUS!"