Hmm, see, I want to be cynical about this, but besides the obvious keypoints (saurfang was either gonna die or become another warchief with a boulder on his shoulder), it was always clear that this whole mess could never be resolved in any decent manner. In that regard Saurfang dying to show everyone their warchief's true side was the ultimate play, Sylvanas was already cornered, her just fleeing the battle field after holding her impotent cunty speech was about as much as could be done here.

Also the setting certainly looks bad for most leaks, which is also something positive to take from this .

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    I think none of the leaks are right up to now.
    Well the AMA leak still states that Tyrande will disobey anduin and attack the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki b View Post
    I think it was cool that they had Saurfang mirror his son charging the Lich King at Angrathar.

Even said "Let it be finished" just like the boy.
    Also, while not being nearly the same thing, the end of the mak'gora kinda mirrored Thrall VS Garrosh, with Sylvanas cheating and using her power to instantly kill the other. The fact Thrall himself was watching this probably triggered something in him. This shot of him at the very end kinda says it all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone got a video on that Calia-Jaina interaction?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    Well the AMA leak still states that Tyrande will disobey anduin and attack the horde.
    Can't wait for Tyrande to be framed as the unreasonable, bloodthirsty warmonger for not being okay with just scapegoating Sylvanas for something that most of the Horde helped with.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas obsession with hopelessness is interesting.
    She truly thinks there is nothing we could do and death will consume us all.

And Tyrande doing shady shit.
    Hell yeah.
    Rock on vengeance lady.

She probably will get painted as a bloodthirsty monster for trying to get revenge on the horde for nearly wiping her people from existence.
    So lets enjoy it while it lasts.

Formerly known as Arafal

To be fair, that's a really low hanging fruit to grab at. If I was fabricating a leak, that's one of the points I would make too, because I expect it will happen. A lot of people take decent speculation and try to pass them off as 'leaks'.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Tyrande not answering Anduin's missives actually makes me happy, and I hope she and the Night Elves leave the Alliance. It's what would make the most sense.
    It adds more juice to the fire that the factions are breaking up. The Horde is still splintered, and the Alliance is splintering.

But would Blizzard really pull the trigger? Or will Tyrande magically feel better after Sylvanas makes her next move?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Sylvanas obsession with hopelessness is interesting.
    She truly thinks there is nothing we could do and death will consume us all.

And Tyrande doing shady shit.
    Hell yeah.
    Rock on vengeance lady.

She probably will get painted as a bloodthirsty monster for trying to get revenge on the horde for nearly wiping her people from existence.
    So lets enjoy it while it lasts.
    More like it's inevitable. She'll be labeled as a once honorable leader of the elves gone mad, unwilling to look beyond a little bit of trivial genociding and accepting that the Alliance and Horde has its differences.

And then she'll be killed for not kissing and making up with the Horde like a good Alliance member would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    To be fair, that's a really low hanging fruit to grab at. If I was fabricating a leak, that's one of the points I would make too, because I expect it will happen. A lot of people take decent speculation and try to pass them off as 'leaks'.
    It's also thus far been proven wrong. With the War Campaign officially over.

That leak has a miniscule chance of being true at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Well in the past night elfs have forgiven all atrocities done to some, so its a change to what usually happend in the past...

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Also, while not being nearly the same thing, the end of the mak'gora kinda mirrored Thrall VS Garrosh, with Sylvanas cheating and using her power to instantly kill the other. The fact Thrall himself was watching this probably triggered something in him. This shot of him at the very end kinda says it all.

This is actually live action piece of Metzen brought back to Blizzard HQ. PTSD.

I don’t know if that really counts as cheating, it’s been a big discussion in the lore forums for years.

On my phone now do can’t post the screen cap, but also the way the gate opened behind Sylvanas when she got called out, just like when Bolvar did it to Arthas. Maybe they really will make her the Lich Queen

Well no one knows shit about the night ritual, besides being shady as Death and Void, so...

Went very predictably, and vague, even in the loyalist ending. Saurfang really was the last funeral pyre, the thing they said to Metzen about Thrall becoming Warchief likely true, and a dev in China said Sylvanas wouldn't die ahead of time. Ultimately, I think Blizzard wanted to convey that there's no reason to lose faith in the Horde with this whole Saurfang questline along the way, but I dunno, that didn't get across to a lot of players. And that the War Campaign wasn't going to go off in some crazy direction.

Guess the people here wanting Tyrande or Genn to do something are disappointed

I think the War Campaign was a fairly contained story that was spread out over too long of a period of time.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-09-24 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Sylvanas royalist cinematic is the real interesting part of the whole patch

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki b View Post
    I don’t know if that really counts as cheating, it’s been a big discussion in the lore forums for years.
    Well both Sylvanas and Saurfang were gonna fight with a weapon in each hand. The fact Sylvanas decided to use death power after getting overpowered kinda screams CHEATING to me...

Well no one knows shit about the night ritual, besides being shady as Death and Void, so...
    yeah its some next expansion thing. I guess Malfurion will have to be the night elf leader or something, or redeem her

Calia looks like the UD leader now

Wouldnt say shadowlands is confirmed per say, they could still do a world revamp because well we dont know anything about what happens between now and 9.0 or what happens after nzoths defeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well both Sylvanas and Saurfang were gonna fight with a weapon in each hand. The fact Sylvanas decided to use death power after getting overpowered kinda screams CHEATING to me...
    I mean did anyone expect her to fight fair? Already she seemed to have "poisoned" Saurfang given his wounds were smoking.

And it sounds like Saurfang knew she would, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Wouldnt say shadowlands is confirmed per say, they could still do a world revamp because well we dont know anything about what happens between now and 9.0 or what happens after nzoths defeat.
    I mean Shadowlands the leak is 200% busted at this point. Sylvanas no longer being Warchief before 8.3 is the final nail in its coffin.