10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Plays where you're engaged with one defender and struck by a second are some of the most dangerous in the NFL or any sport.
    Just for clarification, I'm fine with other players coming in to further wrap you up/push you back/pull you down. But when you're engaged and not able to freely move, and a guy comes flying in at speed? That's asking for the worst to happen every time.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Just for clarification, I'm fine with other players coming in to further wrap you up/push you back/pull you down. But when you're engaged and not able to freely move, and a guy comes flying in at speed? That's asking for the worst to happen every time.
    Yes, we just don't want what Trevathan did to Davante Adams happening again.

Maybe we could get people not strangling OBJ on the field either.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe we could get people not strangling OBJ on the field either.
    Saw a clip of that earlier, I know people whine you apparently can't tackle anymore, but these aren't tackles, they're assaults.

Edit: OBJs throat punch should have been an ejection too.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2019-09-30 at 02:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty rotten flea-flicker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This game is stress, as expected. I’m super drunk and only posting because we took the lead. Back to beers and burgers.
    Its been a good game so far, Saints defense has been good but not great, made some nice plays forcing turnovers but giving up too much in the passing game.

- - - Updated - - -

Bridgewater gets the same contact as Dak and no foul.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with the commentators there, you can tell he tried to back out of a tackle despite the fact gravity had begun to take over. Arms out, body twisted to try and avoid contact.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Tom Brady is not a running QB, so this situation will never come up. It's the risk ANY running QB runs when they leave the pocket and try to get yards on the ground. It sucks it happens, but worse has happened to other QB's in similar situations and the punishments in those situations were always basically the same as what will happen to Jones: remain in the game and get a large fine and a warning to not pull that shit again.

On repeat offense, then yeah, who knows what might happen with punishment and they probably will get ejected. That wasn't the case here.
    I'm back home and sober, but I've seen the replays now, and A) Allen was already wrapped up and propped up from behind, and B) the dude led with his helmet directly into Allen's helmet.

It was a fucking dirty hit, regardless of his prior behavior.

Edit: to add on: he didn't try to wrap up, his arms were at his side, he was just looking to pop a guy who was already being tackled. It was fucking dirty and if someone even looked at Brady with their fists clenched like this guy (IE not trying to grab and tackle him) they'd be suspended.

Nevermind the personal foul fucking Van Noy got on Barkley later on after Allen was out of the game.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2019-09-30 at 02:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bridgewater just lost the game taking that sack.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man, Tyron Smith down.

- - - Updated - - -

LOVE the blitz on the final play, defense pulled it off.
    /s

Its been a good game so far, Saints defense has been good but not great, made some nice plays forcing turnovers but giving up too much in the passing game.
    I dunno what your definition of great would be then. Saints D carried this game from the get go.

- - - Updated - - -

The defense is keeping the Saints winning games and putting us in good shape to keep above .500 until Brees is back. I still don't understand why they won't even ATTEMPT a deep pass with Bridgewater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    The defense is keeping the Saints winning games and putting us in good shape to keep above .500 until Brees is back. I still don't understand why they won't even ATTEMPT a deep pass with Bridgewater.
    Doesn't look like they can pass protect well enough to try.

and my comment was when Dak was carving them up in Q3, so you wanna come in at the end and give me grief for what I said when the game was ongoing /shrug
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    The only undefeated NFC team is the 9ers?

lol

and my comment was when Dak was carving them up in Q3, so you wanna come in at the end and give me grief for what I said when the game was ongoing /shrug
    From the moment the game started until the end of the game the Saints D in this game was GREAT. The cowboys had one drive in the 3rd quarter and that was the only one that did much anything.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a few plays where you could tell the design was to go deep but Bridgewater looks VERY reluctant to even attempt them. Maybe that is the game plan, just only throw deep if it is a sure thing otherwise total handcuffed safe play. It has been enough to win 2 games and I'll take it, but he isn't showing very much right now.

How the hell Buccs dropped 55 points on Rams, is it because of Goff keep throw INT?

Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    How the hell Buccs dropped 55 points on Rams, is it because of Goff keep throw INT?
    Turning the ball over 4 times is a big part of it. But the Bucs were doing pretty much whatever they wanted on offense as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Rams secondary was god awful, OLine let a lot of free rushers pressure Goff into mistakes throughout the game, it was ugly top to bottom.
    /s

I'm trying to catch up on highlights now (going to the game from 9 am to 6 pm and DMing D&D from 6 to 10 really consumes my Sundays), did Jared Goff really throw for 517 yards.......and lose?

Are the 49ers really the only undefeated team in the NFC?

Did both the Pats and Chiefs look beatable today?

This season is so hard to pin down, man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    There was a few plays where you could tell the design was to go deep but Bridgewater looks VERY reluctant to even attempt them. Maybe that is the game plan, just only throw deep if it is a sure thing otherwise total handcuffed safe play. It has been enough to win 2 games and I'll take it, but he isn't showing very much right now.
    He is the guy that can win these types of games by avoiding mistakes until he took that crucial late sack. I expected to see more from him though, I'm less sold on him for the future.
    /s

He is the guy that can win these types of games by avoiding mistakes until he took that crucial late sack. I expected to see more from him though, I'm less sold on him for the future.
    I've not been sold on him since the Rams game. Yes he is avoiding mistakes but he is relying on the defense/special teams to carry us. For now it is working. But if the defense has a rough game can he come back and win? I've not seen it yet. Either way 2 wins from him so far, I'll take it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave Bridgewater a pass on the Rams game since he didn't practice with starters and they committed a million penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm trying to catch up on highlights now (going to the game from 9 am to 6 pm and DMing D&D from 6 to 10 really consumes my Sundays), did Jared Goff really throw for 517 yards.......and lose?
    You don't throw it 68 times unless you're trailing.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I can tell, the last time the Saints won a game without scoring a TD was Oct 25, 1998.
    /s

As far as I can tell, the last time the Saints won a game without scoring a TD was Oct 25, 1998.
    That's what the graphic they showed during the game said. Pretty crazy but not really surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need to get the Ravens defense off my fantasy team.. Fuck.