Quote Originally Posted by Venters View Post
    So I guess I am mistaken but I thought I saw that all the content but the new Shadowkeep DLC was going free to play?

So is it worth it to buy the Forsaken DLC for $25?
    When you buy Forsaken you also get the annual pass content as well, So for $25 I say its worth it. But keep in mind that content isn't needed at all, Most will likely do it for tmog.

OtherTopic: I would be more than happy to drop $40 on Shadowkeep, But I need to see how the endgame will be for solo players.

Give me matchmaking in raids already damit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

first few missions of shadow are recycled content...please give me new enemies to fight lol

Well, looks like I'm done with this game after the shit Bungie just pulled.
    I play Destiny 2 on a PSN subaccount to the actual account I purchased the game on. Bungie changed up the seasonal passes work with this expansion to only be giving to the account that purchased the game, so now all four of the passes that came with the deluxe edition are on an account that doesn't even play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Well, looks like I'm done with this game after the shit Bungie just pulled.
    I play Destiny 2 on a PSN subaccount to the actual account I purchased the game on. Bungie changed up the seasonal passes work with this expansion to only be giving to the account that purchased the game, so now all four of the passes that came with the deluxe edition are on an account that doesn't even play the game.
    You can just link the original account with the Steam one and get everything on that.

My experience with the relaunch: last night i wasn't able to play due too much people. Which was both good and bad. As i said, i stripped every character of everything, and deleted them to create a new one.

BAM you're 750 power by default. Everything before the relaunch is legacy content (and accessed via an NPC in the Tower). You don't get any real explanation of what's happening other then "HAI I'M A GHOST I REVIVED YOU COME WITH ME".

The new main quest brings you through zones explains systems a little bit. Did a strike already (went to stash and got my old good SUNEXPLOSION Pistol) and everything just melted. Game's really fast, or maybe i'm used to Division 2 being more tactical and all.

Gunplay is the same, which is a solid thing. Now items have a bunch of stats that make no sense until there's something written somewhere that explains what they do because i'm clueless - BUT WAIT THERE'S POWER SO WHO THE HELL CARES.

Nice that they added "paragon" which is basically "level up and you get bonus power shared to every toon you have".

For now it's both a hit and a miss. However i played like 1 hour, i'll wait to draw my conclusions later on. Still sad any player cannot experience leveling anymore because they just got rid of it completely. Dunno if it's because i merged a BNet account onto Steam, but for a new player doing the story should be a nice experience, i have good memories of it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Finished the campaign and got to the soft cap of 900 so here's first impressions. The campaign is very short (as expected), taking me about 4-5 hours or so with dicking around doing public events etc in between missions. The story was really good imo and the moon feels great as a patrol zone. Really loving the aesthetic and the overall horror vibe of the expansion so far. The nightmares as enemies feel fine, but they aren't anything groundbreaking. The no new enemy races thing will be a negative to some, but i don't mind it. The 2 new strikes were pretty cool aswell, the one on Io is especially gorgeous in terms of visuals (the last part of it). Not a 100% sold on finisher moves as a concept yet. Hopefully the mods will make them worth using because so far i don't really see a point in them gameplay wise.

Overall it feels like just more destiny. If you didn't like it before i doubt shadowkeep will change your mind about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post

Overall it feels like just more destiny. If you didn't like it before i doubt shadowkeep will change your mind about it.
    So, if i don't buy shadowkeep i don't have nothing worth doing? Hm. not a good start imho. However it's still a nice game for killing some time.

Can someone explain me if there's a reskin system or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    You can just link the original account with the Steam one and get everything on that.

My experience with the relaunch: last night i wasn't able to play due too much people. Which was both good and bad. As i said, i stripped every character of everything, and deleted them to create a new one.

BAM you're 750 power by default. Everything before the relaunch is legacy content (and accessed via an NPC in the Tower). You don't get any real explanation of what's happening other then "HAI I'M A GHOST I REVIVED YOU COME WITH ME".

The new main quest brings you through zones explains systems a little bit. Did a strike already (went to stash and got my old good SUNEXPLOSION Pistol) and everything just melted. Game's really fast, or maybe i'm used to Division 2 being more tactical and all.

Gunplay is the same, which is a solid thing. Now items have a bunch of stats that make no sense until there's something written somewhere that explains what they do because i'm clueless - BUT WAIT THERE'S POWER SO WHO THE HELL CARES.

Nice that they added "paragon" which is basically "level up and you get bonus power shared to every toon you have".

For now it's both a hit and a miss. However i played like 1 hour, i'll wait to draw my conclusions later on. Still sad any player cannot experience leveling anymore because they just got rid of it completely. Dunno if it's because i merged a BNet account onto Steam, but for a new player doing the story should be a nice experience, i have good memories of it.
    This isn't a PSN->Steam account issue. It's a PSN->PSN account issue. I started playing Destiny using the Playstation gamesharing feature with my brother. We purchased Destiny on his account and I would be able to play it on my account. He has since stopped playing Destiny ever since the end of The Dark Below expansion, but I have continued consolidating my Destiny purchases onto his account in the hopes that he would one day feel like playing with me again. Every single season pass before this has unlocked across both accounts.

With Shadowkeep however the season passes are working differently and Bungie did not properly inform their customers of the change, the season passes are now behaving as an in game currency and so only go to one account. According to customer support on the official forums the first account that logged into Destiny 2 should have gotten these passes, which should be my account since the other hasn't ever logged into Destiny 2. The season passes did not appear on the correct account though so now I have 4 season passes on an account that does not play Destiny 2 and Bungie customer support is pretty much nonexistent.

So, in short: Bungie are greedy scumbags. They're pulling some shenanigans with season passes working as a currency in a way that is probably so they can bypass the Playstation and X-Box storefronts when they develop expansions in the future, and they pulled a bait-and-switch on their customers that were expecting the season passes to work as they have since the game's inception.
    Last edited by Aurrora; 2019-10-02 at 08:35 AM.

So is there a difference in the way matchmaking works based on wether you play on PC or console?

I keep reading about a phone app that you have to use if you play on PC.
    Is the matchmaking automated on consoles then or do they also have to use an app?

This isn't a PSN->Steam account issue. It's a PSN->PSN account issue.
    OK, my bad. However cannot say anything since i don't own a PS so this isn't my case. Still baffled how they just removed the past campaigns even for new characters.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-10-02 at 11:18 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a PSN->Steam account issue. It's a PSN->PSN account issue. I started playing Destiny using the Playstation gamesharing feature with my brother. We purchased Destiny on his account and I would be able to play it on my account. He has since stopped playing Destiny ever since the end of The Dark Below expansion, but I have continued consolidating my Destiny purchases onto his account in the hopes that he would one day feel like playing with me again. Every single season pass before this has unlocked across both accounts.

With Shadowkeep however the season passes are working differently and Bungie did not properly inform their customers of the change, the season passes are now behaving as an in game currency and so only go to one account. According to customer support on the official forums the first account that logged into Destiny 2 should have gotten these passes, which should be my account since the other hasn't ever logged into Destiny 2. The season passes did not appear on the correct account though so now I have 4 season passes on an account that does not play Destiny 2 and Bungie customer support is pretty much nonexistent.

So, in short: Bungie are greedy scumbags. They're pulling some shenanigans with season passes working as a currency in a way that is probably so they can bypass the Playstation and X-Box storefronts when they develop expansions in the future, and they pulled a bait-and-switch on their customers that were expecting the season passes to work as they have since the game's inception.
    So let me get this straight, you knowingly applied passes to an account that wasn't your main account. But are now angry at Bungie because they fixed People playing the season pass across multiple accounts. Sounds less like they pulled a bait and switch and more like your workaround finally got fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    So let me get this straight, you knowingly applied passes to an account that wasn't your main account. But are now angry at Bungie because they fixed People playing the season pass across multiple accounts. Sounds less like they pulled a bait and switch and more like your workaround finally got fixed.
    I didn't apply choose to apply the passes at all.

This isn't some workaround, it's how the Playstation 4 is designed to function with multiple accounts, all the secondary accounts to a system have access to all of the games the master account has. With the XBox One it even suggests customers make all their purchases to one account and then having all family members have their own separate accounts and they're having the same issue with the season passes. If the store's game description had properly informed customers that the season passes were now a form of in game currency I would have purchased the game on the account I actually play on.

>i want to buy a product once and profit twice from it
    >bungie don't allow me to do that, thus THEY are the greedy scumbags
    Nah.

I started playing for the first time yesterday and it seems like I got pretty much thrown right into everything, is there any way to do like the old main story from the start of destiny 2 or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    >i want to buy a product once and profit twice from it
    >bungie don't allow me to do that, thus THEY are the greedy scumbags
    Nah.
    Except the game isn't even being played on the other account....

10+ Year Old Account
    Might download this again.

Sounds like it's going to be super confusing on where I start. I played at launch, did the first raid and quit, due to there being nothing to do.

I might just start a new character if I play it again.

Is gear still as boring as it was at launch? What about talent specs? They were also boring. Only thing this game ever does good is the gunplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Might download this again.

Sounds like it's going to be super confusing on where I start. I played at launch, did the first raid and quit, due to there being nothing to do.

I might just start a new character if I play it again.

Is gear still as boring as it was at launch? What about talent specs? They were also boring. Only thing this game ever does good is the gunplay.
    Starting anew or using one of the old ones apparently it's the same. Everything's unlocked and all talent specs are there unchanged at least from what i see, but i don't know if they changed anything in the meanwhile.

Gear changed quite a lot. Every piece has now 6 or 7 different stats in different amounts and i don't know shit of what does what since there's no explanations. However this doesn't stop me and i plan to get a grasp on the systems before saying "it's all shit". Gunplay is good as always, solid and TTK is faster, generally everythingì's more dynamic, which for me is good.

I just scratched the surface. I'm going to do all the main quest and see what happens. Currently running through EDZ, unlocked all adventures (which now give 750 rewards, hopefully they scale up with my own level and don't become useless pieces of story that give nothing like they were in the original game) and did a strike aswell. There are the bounties and everything.

Leveling though looks much slower. Granted, it should give a passive power bonus to all characters not unlike paragons in Diablo 3 so that's a way to make them meaningful in some way. We'll see how it pans out - i have already spent money on the game, so it's all about if i enjoy it or not. Probably it'll be fine for casual shooting when i have free time.

Watched a supercut of the story, all 40 minutes of it, and holy shit thats a lot of recycling. Like more than the Taken King maybe. This has to be a filler expansion to generate revenue during the transition.

You don't get any real explanation of what's happening other then "HAI I'M A GHOST I REVIVED YOU COME WITH ME".
    Even though I played all the solo content available in D1, I still found the intro to D2 to be jarring. I honestly think they should just add all the D1 content as legacy the same way they did with earlier seasons of D2.

Now items have a bunch of stats that make no sense until there's something written somewhere that explains what they do because i'm clueless
    Take this with a grain of salt, because I'm 100% completely new to D2....but the stats are all explained when you preview an item and mouseover each stat. It's a bit weird that they hide it like that, but this seems to be a recurring theme with Bungie. I'm not sure they really understand MMORPG stats.

What happens to my character that finished osiris story and was doing 2nd expansion content?

Edit: Do i have to download whole game again on steam now?
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2019-10-02 at 12:56 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    What happens to my character that finished osiris story and was doing 2nd expansion content?

Edit: Do i have to download whole game again on steam now?
    yes if you played on battle.net before you will have to migrate your character/account to steam, and download the whole game again