Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    is it worse than WoW?
    Wow's transmog system is a million times better. I can't think of one game I've played that has a transmog system that is worse than Destiny 2.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Wow's transmog system is a million times better. I can't think of one game I've played that has a transmog system that is worse than Destiny 2.
    but this one allow you to recolor stuff right?
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Yea with single use stamps you buy or obtained from the loot boxes and stuff. Atleast in Wow you can transmog any transmogable sword you want onto any sword you can wear with level restrictions heck you can even transmog it to other similar weapons for your class. In destiny you got transmogs for named weapons. You can't put a transmog for Cayde-6's gun on any old pistol its gotta be on Cayde-6's pistol. Destiny now has a few "universal" armor transmogs but they can only be equipped to certain items. You can't just equip a random 750 blue helmet with a helmet transmog.

Plus many sets in wow have different color variations. So you may not be able to deck yourself out in neon green and pink but atleast you can see all your transmogs and pretty much use them all unless you are underlvled for it.

oof finished the quests and not a single new enemy,the game even trolls you at the start saying these drones arnt the same drones... they have same models sounds and attacks they are bloody well the same! bungie should team up with greenpeace because they are all about that recycling

As someone who just started Destiny 2 for the first time its really nice they made the original campaign story and some of the dlc stories available and still giving the new relevant gear so you don't "waste" time doing the old campaign

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    As someone who just started Destiny 2 for the first time its really nice they made the original campaign story and some of the dlc stories available and still giving the new relevant gear so you don't "waste" time doing the old campaign
    As an old player, i looked forward to play again the story with a brand new character. Now it seems they're just throwing you in the middle of the fray.

However nice to have the old campaigns still there. I'm not really going to play them since i've done them already but for people who have never seen them, it's nice.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    As an old player, i looked forward to play again the story with a brand new character. Now it seems they're just throwing you in the middle of the fray.

However nice to have the old campaigns still there. I'm not really going to play them since i've done them already but for people who have never seen them, it's nice.
    Ye at first I actually had trouble finding the old story campaigns, the "new light" main quest I got at first was just like showing me around to the EDZ earth? zone, doing some strikes, getting my gear up to 770 and small stuff like that just throwing me right into it and I got very confused at first, I had to google and find out I needed to go to the hangar and talk with an NPC there to get all the old story campaign quests.

Its not like it would have been hard for them to give a new account a choice of starting with the original campaign or skipping it and going strait to the new content with the warning that there will be less tutorial.

First impressions are always super important and sounds like they kinda screwed the pooch with this relaunch.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    You think WoWs transmog system is bad because you can't recolour?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Yea with single use stamps you buy or obtained from the loot boxes and stuff. Atleast in Wow you can transmog any transmogable sword you want onto any sword you can wear with level restrictions heck you can even transmog it to other similar weapons for your class. In destiny you got transmogs for named weapons. You can't put a transmog for Cayde-6's gun on any old pistol its gotta be on Cayde-6's pistol. Destiny now has a few "universal" armor transmogs but they can only be equipped to certain items. You can't just equip a random 750 blue helmet with a helmet transmog.

Plus many sets in wow have different color variations. So you may not be able to deck yourself out in neon green and pink but atleast you can see all your transmogs and pretty much use them all unless you are underlvled for it.
    We'll never be able to recolour in WoW because of the way the art team colours in the gear pieces. Makes a huge difference on how gear colour looks, looks far better than any other MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Ye at first I actually had trouble finding the old story campaigns, the "new light" main quest I got at first was just like showing me around to the EDZ earth? zone, doing some strikes, getting my gear up to 770 and small stuff like that just throwing me right into it and I got very confused at first, I had to google and find out I needed to go to the hangar and talk with an NPC there to get all the old story campaign quests.
    To me, it's mostly the fact that when i bought the game at release, the story and leveling part was awesome. I REALLY liked it, the exploration, the new zones and characters. Yes, story wasn't anything special but the gunplay was good and you felt your character growing.

Then endgame unfortunately happened.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Yeah they've changed a lot even I'm feeling abit lost, I grinded out the Solstice armour as they said it was the first 2.0 pieces of armour yet its exactly the same as old armour sets not the new ones so im feeling abit lost on it.
    I don't know if you already found the answer to this yet but Banshee (the weaponsmith) will have a box with a complete set of 2.0 Solstice gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    You think WoWs transmog system is bad because you can't recolour?

- - - Updated - - -

We'll never be able to recolour in WoW because of the way the art team colours in the gear pieces. Makes a huge difference on how gear colour looks, looks far better than any other MMO.
    i think it's bad because it's bad period. customization is bottom tier in WoW.

What is it all the children say? Oh sweet summer child....

10+ Year Old Account
    Character creator sure, transmog though, no it's not. It does exactly what you expect it to do.

Destiny has one of the worst character creators and transmog systems, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its not like it would have been hard for them to give a new account a choice of starting with the original campaign or skipping it and going strait to the new content with the warning that there will be less tutorial.

First impressions are always super important and sounds like they kinda screwed the pooch with this relaunch.
    Maybe but I think its a good tradeoff for being able to play with your friends immediately instead of them having to wait for you to finish the campaign(s).

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Maybe but I think its a good tradeoff for being able to play with your friends immediately instead of them having to wait for you to finish the campaign(s).
    Note the word Choice in what I said.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I checked him but he had nothing for me... weird.
    Remember that you had to earn the legendary version of the Solstice gear on the character you are playing on for it to be redeemable from Banshee.

edit: it should look like the picture if you can redeem it from Banshee

Last edited by Lindon; 2019-10-04 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Character creator sure, transmog though, no it's not. It does exactly what you expect it to do.

Destiny has one of the worst character creators and transmog systems, period.
    i've not played destiny long enough to explore it's transmog system.. but if you think wow's system is good then idk what to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've not played destiny long enough to explore it's transmog system.. but if you think wow's system is good then idk what to say.
    It lets me equip any gear I want to at all, sticking to rules like plate only for plate users and I must own the piece. What's so bad about it?

It's exactly as I expected. There is a valid reason for not being able to recolour, and the way they do the colouring looks far better than any other mmo, so I know what I'd rather have.

I did have the legendary version but I suppose it doesnt matter anymore, I got banned and from what I read bungie never overturn bans... could it be because I launched the game through GoG 2.0? oh my image of at banshee from a few days ago
    It sounds like you are playing on a completely different account no?