Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I will come back maybe for 2-3 months to check 8.3.
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Depends on what they announce in blizzcon, if the next expansion is a stinker, i'll give it a pass.
    Blizzcon is a few weeks away, and we have yet to conclude this expansion. I doubt very much that we'll get much information about a new expansion.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    you said it without even realizing it... "People are sick of getting gear... in order for that gear to become meaningless in the nearest patch". It didn't use to be like this. It used to be gear was valid for the entire expac. Look at vanilla-tbc, you can get gear early on that serves you until the bitter end. There's legit "Best in slot" and no wf/tf to muck it up.

Somewhere along the way the game devolved from "play the expansion" to "Play the patch" and not only provided near insta catch up mechanics so people can skip most of expansion (lol, what a bad idea) but it also creates a diablo 3 season like feeling where every patch is just "season x" of wow and next season everyone will be equal again. WoW was not meant to be a seasonal game, and when they brought the diablo 3 team into wow it changed for the worse.

Classic wow has better progression because you can chart your gear, what to farm, wear, and get it done. You don't need to wait for that "titanforge ironfoe" etc.

WoW needs to make the entire expansion relevant, and not just seasonal content.
    BiS pre raid is not the same as BiS for last tier, even in classic. shit changes with every raid release....this isnt some new thing either this has always been the case, TF doesnt change that

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    God forbid you have to earn something. Players have gotten so lazy.
    Better to have them earnable in some clever mage tower type event that’s difficult than a boring rep grind that only exists to streeeeetch that sub out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    BiS pre raid is not the same as BiS for last tier, even in classic. shit changes with every raid release....this isnt some new thing either this has always been the case, TF doesnt change that

You can still wear gear obtained in early wow at end game classic.

Example: I got ironfoe 3 weeks ago on my tank. I won’t replace it until thunderfury

Not to mention some of the pre raid stuff is bis or close to for all of vanilla and it creates an entirely system of gear than the retails diablo 3 seasonal system.

Better to have them earnable in some clever mage tower type event that’s difficult than a boring rep grind that only exists to streeeeetch that sub out

- - - Updated - - -

You can still wear gear obtained in early wow at end game classic.

Example: I got ironfoe 3 weeks ago on my tank. I won’t replace it until thunderfury

Not to mention some of the pre raid stuff is bis or close to for all of vanilla and it creates an entirely system of gear than the retails diablo 3 seasonal system.
    Replacing an item from a pre raid 5man from an item from the first raid doesn't really drive home your point.

You'd replace Ironfoe with several things. Eshkandar's claw if you wanted a quick weapon for tps, alcor's sunrazor which >>> everything except TF, spineshatter from bwl, quel'serrar.

lmao your point actually shows us that the game has always been like that. Only items with some sort of tier longevity have been DST, Death's choice/verdict and a couple other trinkets. Def not a weapon lmao

Only item currently available in vanilla that can *probably* last past MC is the rune of the guard captain, and that's literally because vanilla itemization is trash and trinkets don't exist.
    Last edited by nevege; 2019-10-09 at 01:37 PM.

No, I'm in Classic. It's where I'm happiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    No matter how epic it will be, the people who are disappointed now, will still be disappointed. The core of the game will not change, it hasn't changed since it's inception really. The story, the classes, the whatever, those are just background things, and sort of "scapegoats" that people like to blame, but the real "problem" is people are just tired of the game itself, and the constant treadmill, farming gear, in order to beat current content, in order to get gear, in order for that gear to become meaningless in the nearest patch, rinse and repeat forever. And since that aspect won't change, people won't suddenly fall in love with the game all over again. They might return for a month or two, but those who quit now, will quit again, no matter how epic the next expansion is.
    I disagree that this will apply to everyone. For example, I loved Legion, played the entire time, dislike BFA, loved Cata and MOP but disliked WoD. For me, it has to do with the current quality of the content, not some perception from my brain about getting tired of the game. I never get tired of the game, in fact I love it. I've been playing Classic constantly. I think Legion is the best xpak. There may be some that follow the trend as you say, but there are many others that judge content based on its own merit.

No one enjoys any of that content, except maybe WQ.

AP has been one of the most disliked features in wow history, and is only there to milk your sub and drag out content. and we've had mission tables since WoD and they have got worse every time, the VAST majority dislike them.

I don't know what you're smoking to think any of those are popular, the most popular of the bunch WQ, aren't exactly held in high regard either
    Thing is WOD had its own "WQ" it was named apexis dailies. Nobody wanted to do them though because they were boring and the apexis gear vendor had massively inflated prices for the quality of gear offered, so it was way too much grind for too little reward for a casual to bother.

Biggest problem of WOD was 6.1 was a token patch with belf models and selfie cam, and 6.3 didn't exist. It had too few content updates.

They recycled the idea of "dailies" from tbc to wod, then they updated them to "world quests" and will they rehash the same concept for another 5 expansions? People really believe there isn't anything to make these "dailies" more interesting? Even borrowing ideas from old MMOs like Guild Wars 2 or Rift shows you can do something more.

The idea isn't to remove any form of casual content, but to update it with a new spin so it doesn't feel like Legion 3.0.

Mission tables same thing, they outlived their expiration date, they were fun in WOD and Legion but time to retire them unless you can do something new and different about them.

And I still wish one day WOW finally borrowed companion system from SWTOR. All the iterations we had (WOD bodyguards, Legion combat companions, Nazjatar followers) were vastly inferior to SWTOR system where you had much more control and customization over the companion and it allowed healers to quest in healer specs without feeling gimped, it was great.

WOW was always good at "stealing" ideas from other MMOs but to "steal" them well you can't just make it worse than the original...

And I don't know how anyone can believe AP grind "gives stuff to do" for casuals. For majority of casuals it's an invisible stat. They get it passively and usually don't chase it at all, don't even pay attention to how much they have. By the time patch ends they'll max it out anyway, and if not, will be given catch up mechanisms to do so no matter what.

Make a system where casuals can unlock new hairstyles, emotes and dances through gameplay and they'll care about it 100 times more than "AP grind". Because it will actually give them something tangible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will probably just do the raid and solo content a few times, whever I get bored of Classic. The raid looks pretty cool and the lore is actually interesting. I just wish we had artifact weapons again!

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Thing is WOD had its own "WQ" it was named apexis dailies. Nobody wanted to do them though because they were boring and the apexis gear vendor had massively inflated prices for the quality of gear offered, so it was way too much grind for too little reward for a casual to bother.

Biggest problem of WOD was 6.1 was a token patch with belf models and selfie cam, and 6.3 didn't exist. It had too few content updates.

They recycled the idea of "dailies" from tbc to wod, then they updated them to "world quests" and will they rehash the same concept for another 5 expansions? People really believe there isn't anything to make these "dailies" more interesting? Even borrowing ideas from old MMOs like Guild Wars 2 or Rift shows you can do something more.

The idea isn't to remove any form of casual content, but to update it with a new spin so it doesn't feel like Legion 3.0.

Mission tables same thing, they outlived their expiration date, they were fun in WOD and Legion but time to retire them unless you can do something new and different about them.

And I still wish one day WOW finally borrowed companion system from SWTOR. All the iterations we had (WOD bodyguards, Legion combat companions, Nazjatar followers) were vastly inferior to SWTOR system where you had much more control and customization over the companion and it allowed healers to quest in healer specs without feeling gimped, it was great.

WOW was always good at "stealing" ideas from other MMOs but to "steal" them well you can't just make it worse than the original...

And I don't know how anyone can believe AP grind "gives stuff to do" for casuals. For majority of casuals it's an invisible stat. They get it passively and usually don't chase it at all, don't even pay attention to how much they have. By the time patch ends they'll max it out anyway, and if not, will be given catch up mechanisms to do so no matter what.

Make a system where casuals can unlock new hairstyles, emotes and dances through gameplay and they'll care about it 100 times more than "AP grind". Because it will actually give them something tangible.
    Amen. I too, remember when blizzard was an expert at stealing other things from mmorpg's and putting their better twist on them.

Sadly though, the last few expansions they are looking outside the mmorpg genre for inspiration. Mostly, diablo 3. Retail wow feels like diablo 3 more than everquest, and that's a big problem for a lot of players.

Great example from SWTOR and you are on point. Truthfully, i always wished openly that wow would rip off Huttball (by far the best pvp map in mmorpg history)

if youre not just a little interested in 8.3. theres no saving you. you wont like wow ever again. youre just looking for things to complain about. crawl back to the classic wow reddit echo chamber you came from, and stop bothering your shortsighted underdeveloped mind with retail updates.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2019-10-09 at 02:25 PM.

I find it interesting how so many people are impossible to please even short term with retail because of "same old same old" yet they somehow enjoy classic...

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    From the information given. It doesnt look like it will bring me back

New races were predicted a long time ago by pretty much everyone. And is not really a new reason to return to a game.

New raid. Like every other patch. I'll just watch youtube to see the story of the place.

Lore, same as above.

Assaults. We already have had those.

Dungeon skip mechanics.. ok?

The only thing remotely interesting that might MIGHT check out is the visions, which lets all face it. Its withered training 2.0. But it looks like it has enough of a spin to make it somewhat interesting. But I'd only log on, try that, then log off and go back to classic.

TLDR. 8.3 as it stands right now with the limited information we have been given, just seems more of the same we've already had, just reskinned. I'll wait and see if there will be any more added to this. But im not interested in returning.
    Its almost like its a expansion or something and not a new game thinking!the world got expanded again seems about right to me sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    He was talking about PvP afaik
    Yes? Fire Mage is ridiculous in PvP. I hadn't done PvP with fire since TBC and I was topping the damage done first time around.

Nothing about 9.3 looks interesting or appealing to me.

It's all just fluff. There is no substance.

Maybe once they make the classes fun to play, and put meaningful rewards in the game that aren't replaced every 4 weeks, and make about 30 other big changes... I'd give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I find it interesting how so many people are impossible to please even short term with retail because of "same old same old" yet they somehow enjoy classic...
    Because one is a seasonal action rpg akin to diablo 3, and the other is the greatest mmo rpg of all time with a true progression ladder?

"nothing new"

"return to Classic"

Okay.

Because one is a seasonal action rpg akin to diablo 3, and the other is the greatest mmo rpg of all time with a true progression ladder?
    i disagree that classic have ANY progression ladder, not to mention "true" one, after i dinged 60 i played 3 weeks, and got bored, there is literally nothing to do at max level in classic, done my onyxia, done my mc ... what now ? grind same extreamly easy and boring raids over and over again for small chance of loot ? and judging by amount of people on servers now it seems most people agree

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    i disagree that classic have ANY progression ladder, not to mention "true" one, after i dinged 60 i played 3 weeks, and got bored, there is literally nothing to do at max level in classic, done my onyxia, done my mc ... what now ? grind same extreamly easy and boring raids over and over again for small chance of loot ? and judging by amount of people on servers now it seems most people agree
    we're still in p1 lol.

but yea there is a progression ladder. you not only need to hit 60 (more challenging than leveling 10 max level characters in retail) but then need to progress through the dungeons for gear, and there's no skipping it.

then you need to do the next dungeons for attunements.

Then you can do the raids to get geared for the next raid tier. and then you have to do BWL to get geared for the next, etc etc...

you can't just hop in wow classic p5 and be given a free lvl 60 with catch up gear available in showers. You have to earn everything you get.

So yes, that "small chance of loot" is what it's about; if i wanted to get showered in epics, i'd play diablo

I'll continue my completionist playstyle and unlock Vulpera and Mechagnomes ASAP.

However, after that, I'll unsub again. No matter how much do or don't release, BfA will remain unfun due to class design and, most importantly, uninteresting "progression" systems.

The state of WoW is better than it was 12 months ago, but it's still in a very sad state. BfA has the most unfun and uninteresting classes and expansion progression schemes ever, and in tandem, we get Classic which has the most bland and time wasting gameplay. Yes, Classic is a blast, but for other reasons. The combat is objectively awful, and the game is full of time sinks that simply don't appeal to adult me anymore.

Give me: skill / talent trees, set bonuses, more class-wide abilities, and creative rotations (GTFO builder/spender bullshit). Add some progression raiding, meaningful professions, and fix this obnoxious world lag that we've had for 14 months now and we're back in business.