The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I'm intrigued by this Mueh'zala character, as it could potentially be a "fresh" big villain we could face off, rather than relying on Sargeras, Old Gods, or some other past villain returning. Only thing is, this guy is a loa, and BFA already has had a lot of troll stuff in it. Although, I suppose this guy doesn't necessarily have to be heavily troll based, and could actually serve as some sort of God of Death for every race in Azeroth?
    You actually prompted me to look up this guy's pedia entry to see if he had a defined look and holy crud this guy's got his hands in a lot of pies already it seems.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mueh'zala
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If Blizzard wants to they can use new Old Gods if they so desire so N'zoth dying sooner rather then later isn't that big a loss. I still think its possible he might be.....zapped to nothing via the Reorigination device.
    Would be pretty dumb since the implication there is that all the titans had to do is adjust the setting on their machine a bit and they could have just wiped out all of the old gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    still talking about a serpent with no eyes, there is one text about Odyn and a serpent
    Wow, you might be on to something there.
    The serpent in the tale even lost its eyes!
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I'm intrigued by this Mueh'zala character, as it could potentially be a "fresh" big villain we could face off, rather than relying on Sargeras, Old Gods, or some other past villain returning. Only thing is, this guy is a loa, and BFA already has had a lot of troll stuff in it. Although, I suppose this guy doesn't necessarily have to be heavily troll based, and could actually serve as some sort of God of Death for every race in Azeroth?
    The term loa isn't really restricting. loa are basically just beings that are worshipped by trolls. What is called a loa by trolls is a wild god for other races or a celestial for the pandaren. G'huun is a loa for the blood trolls, Kith'ix was considered a loa back in the ancient troll times, but was a minion of the old gods.
    Mueh'zala can be the void lord of death, but would still be considered a loa by the trolls. We don't need trolls to have it as a center piece of the story.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    But really, the story you posted I have not collected on my warrior and this kind of makes it all come together. I think you just found the next expansion's enemy!
    I don't think is the next one, not yet at least, maybe a possibility, i also went to read more about Odyn and find the part when he sacrifice his eye to a spirit of the shadowlands and find quite interesting stuff:

Deep within the Halls of Valor, Helya traced a magic circle around Odyn with the arcane threads of the universe. From the world's energies she pulled strands of light of the purest green, and strands of darkness deeper than the purest shadow. And the sorceress wove them together around Odyn until the veil over the Shadowlands began to lift.

A great spirit appeared to Odyn from this circle, billowing up from ethereal mists, shapeless, to surround the keeper in shadow. "What will you give," the spirit asked, "to peer beyond the veil of this world?"

Wise Odyn considered the wraith's question. "I have two eyes," he replied. "One to see in this world of mortals, and one to see into the realm of spirits." And with that, Odyn plucked his own eye from his head and presented it to the spirit. The spirit clasped his eye and swallowed it whole, and great Odyn saw.

Seeing through this given eye, great Odyn saw the Shadowlands. He saw life, saw it even in the land of death, and he was satisfied that his Valarjar would live beyond the mortal realm.

And yet still he saw death. He saw souls in torment, and souls in anguish, and the husks of the dead lay all around him. He saw ghostly wraiths with no face, and others with no form, and all were made of death itself. And as he saw, even the great Odyn, master of the Halls of Valor, chosen of Aman'Thul, was afraid.

Odyn looked back into his world with his other eye.

"What did you see, great Odyn?" Helya asked.

"I saw the answer," wise Odyn said. "For in life, there exists death, and in death, there can be life. But there are only beings of life and beings of death. My messengers must span both realms."
    a couple of things here:

- Helya used a spell of pure green and pure darkness, could be because the shadowlands is the opposite of the emerald dream, 2 realms of life and death, and to go for one you must have the other as the cycle of life, something like the drusts druids told us, it could be also why we should beware the eyes of green, because the vassal of life is indeed treacherous, cause apparently you need life energy to rip the veil of the shadowlands.

- a great spirit rise to meet Odyn, big enough to surround Odyn in shadow, he just asked a price to see trough the veil, don't seem so evil.

- He saw life even in the land of death, so its not just dead and souls, (this i think further proof my theory of shadowlnds and emerald dream being a rip off from the shadowfell and feywild from dnd) this could implies an expansion there would not be just death people, but living beings on this realm we could interact.

- ghostly wraiths with no face appeared in Legion and BfA in Vol'jin quests to see who brought him back, implying the shadowlands are not from the realm of the void but from the realm of death, thats why nyalotha is not shadowlands, two different realms/places, and who brought vol'jin back could be someone from there or something related to the deal with the light and death( since his spirit appears golden)

- there are only beings of life and beings of death. My messengers must span both realms." could mean there are beings of life and death, shadowlands/mortalrealm/emeraldd ream, the valajar must be on both, kinda like the undeads
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-10-10 at 04:43 AM.

implying the shadowlands are not from the realm of the void but from the realm of death, thats why nyalotha is not shadowlands, two different realms/places, and who brought vol'jin back could be someone from there or something related to the deal with the light and death( since his spirit appears golden)
    Ny'alotha isn't in the void either. It's its own plane.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Ny'alotha isn't in the void either. It's its own plane.
    a plane of the void maybe, i don't think ti everything explained about the place

but i think its good they put then in different realms/domains

a plane of the void maybe, i don't think ti everything explained about the place

but i think its good they put then in different realms/domains
    I dunno. We've seen plenty of void portals/areas in Mac'aree and Telogrus Rift. Ny'alotha seems to have its own very distinct color set. Actually, looking back through stuff:

Both Il'gynoth's area and the Rift of Aln share the same look.

So the Nightmare actually seems to be Ny'alotha bleeding into the dream. Which makes sense when you consider that during BfA we saw actual void corruption in the dream:

And it retained its distinct blue/purple/black with stars aesthetic.

So my guess is Ny'alotha is just its own pocket dimension being used by the old gods, much like Netherspace, which exists between the regular world and twisting nether, or Thros.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I dunno. We've seen plenty of void portals/areas in Mac'aree and Telogrus Rift. Ny'alotha seems to have its own very distinct color set. Actually, looking back through stuff:

Both Il'gynoth's area and the Rift of Aln share the same look.
    a dimension derivative from the void not necessary must be the same color as the void, old gods are void beings, so nyalotha could be just an extension of the void domain/realm/dimension too.

So the Nightmare actually seems to be Ny'alotha bleeding into the dream. Which makes sense when you consider that during BfA we saw actual void corruption in the dream:

And it retained its distinct blue/purple/black with stars aesthetic.

So my guess is Ny'alotha is just its own pocket dimension being used by the old gods, much like Netherspace, which exists between the regular world and twisting nether, or Thros.
    this could also mean that nyalotha is within the shadowlands, thats why it can blend like that with the emerald dream

if the emerald dream and shadowlands are both mirrors of this world ( of one of life the other of death/shadow) and n'zoth is actually tearing the veil( like sometimes happen with the dream) this could actually be very possible.

To me the netherspace is just the twisting nether making contact with the mortal plane, As thros, the description kinda match the shadowlands vision of Odyn, so it could be that is a extension of the shadowlands,or a plane within the shadowlands too, but why the old gods are dabbling with the death/shadow realm or a pocket dimension and not their own void dimension?

Emerald dream is the mirror of or world, but "perfect", full of life like it was supposed to be, but even the dream has his own layers, the shadowlands is also mirror but bad It appears as a shadowy version of the real world , and it also implies the place have layers too, "they are nightmarish realms of decay, labyrinthine spiritual planes " Thros and nyalotha could be one of those.

it kinda makes sense, since its shadowlands, not shadowland.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-10-10 at 07:39 AM.

All those speculations frighten me. Aren't we going into physical locations anymore ?

Emerald Dream/Nightmare are copies of Azeroth, now Ny'alotha is another dimension parallel to ours, Shadowlands is probably the same kind of shit, then there'll be any sort of Void Plane where Azeroth exists but in shadowy colors ?
    And we travel through all these zones through portals, to fight theoretical enemies that can't interact with our world, and when you kill an enemy inside one plane it just goes into another plane for unlimited reuse ?

That's sad

I would assume that is how you get to the last 2 bosses, honestly.
    Given the sheer size they seem ot be hinting at with the carapace of N'zoth fight, walking up to him could have taken the entire raid, so we probably just find a convenient portal to him after the 10th boss.

if there s a Life vs Death (or maybe even Life + Death (both part of 1 cycle) vs Void) expansion I hope they somehow tweak faction system to be divided on that (choose Life or Death instead of H vs A)

wishful thinking

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I must start farming normal Antorus set for rogue. My Vulpera look like Robin Hood from old cartoon in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    if there s a Life vs Death (or maybe even Life + Death (both part of 1 cycle) vs Void) expansion I hope they somehow tweak faction system to be divided on that (choose Life or Death instead of H vs A)

wishful thinking
    Honestly, I feel like the Saurfang vs Sylvanas thing with (slightly) different quests was the groundworks for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Honestly, I feel like the Saurfang vs Sylvanas thing with (slightly) different quests was the groundworks for this.
    And instead of "we both fight for Azeroth", we will get "you need both life and death" at the end of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    More time gated content...

Are there any more screenshots of this? All else I've seen so far is the whiteboxed map of the area, didn't realize there was a textured version!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    All those speculations frighten me. Aren't we going into physical locations anymore ?

Emerald Dream/Nightmare are copies of Azeroth, now Ny'alotha is another dimension parallel to ours, Shadowlands is probably the same kind of shit, then there'll be any sort of Void Plane where Azeroth exists but in shadowy colors ?
    And we travel through all these zones through portals, to fight theoretical enemies that can't interact with our world, and when you kill an enemy inside one plane it just goes into another plane for unlimited reuse ?

That's sad
    what physical location you mean? in the mortal world? i mean, all expansions are on the current mortal world/the mortal dimensional, even wod, this would be our first expansion entirely on a new plane, and if they are mirrors overlaying our world, it could be both actually.

And they can interact our world, n'zoth is the proof bringing shit from another dimension, his death will prob cause a severe damage into the veil of the mortal plane, leading to various fits

but there is much shit to explore even on azeroth, like dragon isles.

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    Are there any more screenshots of this? All else I've seen so far is the whiteboxed map of the area, didn't realize there was a textured version!
    Here's one N'zoth part of the raid (the one with the raid portal). Here's another N'zoth part. I mean, that should shut up everyone saying "N'zoths too small!!!" considering half the raid takes place inside of him.

Here's some Nyalotha parts. And some more Nyalotha parts And even more Nyalotha

Interestingly enough, there is this map, which looks like where Azeroths World Soul might be (considering it's a part of the N'zoth boss fight). Ironically enough, it's a Circle of Stars.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2019-10-10 at 09:33 AM.