Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Necrolyte

well... good part of necromancy came from legion actually...
    Retconned in Chronicles, so no. Nice try though.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    what was retconed? share it with us.

5+ Year Old Account
    what was retconed? share it with us.
    Check out that nifty picture depicting the six cosmic forces in Warcraft. Death is listed as its own thing, entirely different from Fel.

You are welcome.

That doesn't mean they can't have gotten it from the Legion, though. Just that it isn't the same as Warlock Fel magic.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Just that it isn't the same as Warlock Fel magic.
    That's pretty much my point

See, even "fans" of necromancer have no idea why exactly they want them and what actually they want them to be: they just want to have a necromancer!
    Warlocks already cover gameplay.
    DK already cover theme.
    But! None of these have this shiny "Necromancer" tag!

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    With Unholy's main abilities being more about disease with a few undead minion cds, I wouldn't min a full on necro class or even a 4th spec that's more necro than Unholy currently is.
    Its taking an iconic part of one class, to make another class..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Why because DK has army of the dead?

"there's no way DH could exist" was also spouted before DH took away metamorphosis.
    Which is what we want to avoid .. taking from one class to make another.

I’d love a Necromancer class it’s just hard to make it without trimming from Lock and DK. That said if they wanted to tweak some class identity for DK they could give them a 4th spec. If you could make Unholy the disease spec and have Necromancer be a ranged pet spec. Give them exploding skeletons with different effects. Give Necromancer a strong linking to bone abilities bone spike, impale, bonestorm etc.

Unholy would now focus on disease. They go back to having blood plague, frost fever, and maybe a third new plague(maybe the one the withered orcs have in gorgrond that causes hallucinations). They could have unholy blight aoe. Leave the ghoul and aotd with unholy but with the addition of chance to afflicting disease on strikes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    See, even "fans" of necromancer have no idea why exactly they want them and what actually they want them to be: they just want to have a necromancer!
    Warlocks already cover gameplay. Not really. Does MM hunter cover Warlock gameplay? Right, didn't think so.
    DK already cover theme. Only one spec, and in a very limited capacity. Or does Holy Priest cover Holy Pally's theme?
    But! None of these have this shiny "Necromancer" tag!
    Not so fast

If anything I could see necros as something... demo locks cover currently. And whole demo spec being removed. Let's be honest, it was always either a destro bastard child "with a felguard" or (now) affliction that uses "pets" that really ain't any pets just a a dots with fancy animation.
    And no, DH did not stole demo meta, it should have never belonged to warlocks in the first place. It was a mistake they just fixed.
    Last edited by FAILoZOFF; 2019-10-18 at 02:58 AM.

Check out that nifty picture depicting the six cosmic forces in Warcraft. Death is listed as its own thing, entirely different from Fel.

You are welcome.
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=118472/f...ncer#abilities
    he want to have a word with you. death being "one of the cosmic forces" not mean that fel can't utilize it. Same as Light can heal (life) or kill, and i am not even speaking about shamans. And affliction warlock want to have word with you, cause he use scythe of one of the first necrolytes.

5+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=118472/f...ncer#abilities
    he want to have a word with you. death being "one of the cosmic forces" not mean that fel can't utilize it. Same as Light can heal (life) or kill, and i am not even speaking about shamans. And affliction warlock want to have word with you, cause he use scythe of one of the first necrolytes.
    You have Eredar spellcasters in Argus using Arcane spells. That doesn't mean that the Legion as a whole is Arcane-based, or that Fel and Arcane are associated in any measure (they're even polar opposites in this case).

Did we really need ANOTHER thread discussing this?

It's always the same piece of pie, one side arguing "hey! Unholy is just one iteration of a whole bigger thing which we haven't explored yet" and the other insisting "Nuh-uhhh, the class fantasy is already fulfilled through unholy", all the while wilfully ignorant towards any kind of further argument being made.

I'm so fed up with this discussion. Due to no fault of anybody here but rather because it has happened the same way over and over again. It is why I really hope we'll get that Lich King 2 expansion, so we can lay the matter to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    To me it's basically a cosmetic change for Warlock. Much like Codex of Xerrath (Green Fire)...

A cool story or challenge based quest that rewards you with.... Teachings of Kel'Thuzad (Warlock Only)

Turns all of your demons into undead minions:
    - Voidwalker -> Skeletal warrior
    - Imp -> Skeletal Mage
    - Succubus -> Skeletal Archer
    - Felhunter -> Skeletal Hound
    - Plus ghosts and ghouls for the others. Mechanically the same, but thematically undead.
    - etc

Renames your Soulstone to Phylactery for flavor.

Destruction - Turns your Fire spells into Deathfrost spells. Nether Portal and stuff of the like will instead be Shadowlands portals with spirits.
    Demonology - Turns all your minions into undead minions, like listed above.
    Affliction - Turns anything shadowy into soul magic as found in Drustvar.

Etc, etc

Agreed. It’s closer to a warlock revamp than a dk revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And? They still willingly use fel magic, repeatedly, which we know can corrupt the body and mind.

And eat their flesh and bind the demon's soul with their own, living in eternal torture as the demons keep constantly trying to convince them to let them free. Basically, they're ticking time bombs.

"Trusted"? They only released the demon hunters because the Legion suddenly invaded out of nowhere, and because the wardens consider them "the lesser evil". There was no trust.

Necromancy is a choice, yes, that death knights continue to use, over and over, to this very day.
    apparently you want to argue with someone that agreed with you. necromancers are a horrible idea.

Ultimately what happened to Demo should never have occurred. They shouldn't complete gut a spec to make a new class. Having to be redesigned from the ground up in order to give Metamorphosis to DHs was a blow that shouldn't have happened.

That being said, nothing needs to be gutted in order to allow for Necromancers. (Carefully note that I'm not actually a fan of adding a Necromancer class to the game).

There absolutely can be overlap between classes/specs. Not everything needs to be a completely unique mechanic or approach. Just because we have Warlocks, doesn't mean we can't also have Necromancer. Just because we have Death Knights, doesn't mean we can't also have Necromancers. And while the class might share a mechanic with one (summoning) and a theme (undeath) with another, it doesn't mean that something unique couldn't be created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    apparently you want to argue with someone that agreed with you. necromancers are a horrible idea.
    If you think necromancers are a horrible idea, then you don't agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    If you think necromancers are a horrible idea, then you don't agree with me.
    honestly i dont give a damn. they wont be added, so it doesnt matter to me. i was agreeing with you, but you seem to want to argue. so necromancers are a freakin horrible idea. but again, its fine. they wont be added anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    honestly i dont give a damn. they wont be added, so it doesnt matter to me. i was agreeing with you, but you seem to want to argue. so necromancers are a freakin horrible idea. but again, its fine. they wont be added anyway.
    just like Demon hunters will not be too

they wont be added
    Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking for someone who has no idea of what Blizzard is going to do the next expansion or what they think a viable class idea is.