Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    *nods*
    Getting a 2nd chance...but you just don't know the how or why!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Why?
    Well, @Shadowferal answered it for me and then you worked it out between yourselves, so yay!

Wow! What a great plan! And to think that all it took was massive human rights abuses and government brainwashing!
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Wow! What a great plan! And to think that all it took was massive human rights abuses and government brainwashing!
    It's not massive human rights abuses when it's only done to the worst criminals. I'd argue it isn't a violation of human rights at all. Not all forced medical procedures are created equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic-RaidLead View Post
    It's not massive human rights abuses when it's only done to the worst criminals. I'd argue it isn't a violation of human rights at all. Not all forced medical procedures are created equal.
    Oh, I finally get it: you want all of this brain-reprogramming thing done to yourself, but you are too shy to directly mention it so you went the long way talking about how good it is and aggressively selling the idea to us.

If it's affirmation for your personal inclinations, just ask for it. I am sure there are plenty here, including myself, who will support you.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

It's not unethical if it's done to rapists, murderers and grievous assaulters.
    Even if we are 100% good at ending wrongful convictions, the recidivism will still not be 0%. I want to get a recidivism of 0% w/out the death penalty.
    8th amendment of the constitution will prevent forcible mental reprogramming to be used in non serious crimes. The punishment must fit the crime so to speak.
    Some states already do forced hormone therapy onto rapists, and it's done to sort of reprogram their thinking and this is legal. Why not go to the next level?
    why stop at 0% recidivism? why not aim for 0% crime in the first place? just reprogram everybody a few times growing up so they are incapable of crime!

also, they already do all the stuff you want in china, but i bet you have some issues with their implementation? problems that would never ever happen after a shift in political power in the place you live, amirite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Human rights are human rights. If you remove them from some humans, they're not longer rights, they're privileges. You can argue that it won't violate human rights all you want, but you'd be just as wrong if you were trying to argue that 1+1=3.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting that you keep dismissing human rights as an argument but have no problem with making the [fallacious] claim that it's not a human rights violation. It doesn't matter the crime, they're human and retain their human rights. Period. The end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Nice try derpkitteh but you don't fool me.
    Think you called it here. This thread definitely screams "Derpkitteh."
    Link to image.

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me. I don't need you to love me, I love me. But I want you to know you could know me if you change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I liked the babylon 5 capital punishment tbh.

Death of personality. Some powerful telepath just literally erases you but leaves the body intact and allows a new personality to form.
    naw, that was dumb and didn't work all the time as per most episodes involving such plot... Now that alien device that drained life form one person to heal another was interesting.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

I liked the babylon 5 capital punishment tbh.

Death of personality. Some powerful telepath just literally erases you but leaves the body intact and allows a new personality to form.
    isnt that just the death penalty without the hassle of cremating someone?

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    isnt that just the death penalty without the hassle of cremating someone?
    I suppose that depends on what constitutes as killing somebody. Their body and mind are still very much alive and capable of producing a new personality.

Brainwashing & Mind Control by Issac Arthur

I will admit, I'm pretty obsessed with the topic.

I believe it's a matter of time until society understands why Brainwashing isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Modifying thoughts and desires innate in a person can also be done to improve one's own self. And WILL play a role in the criminal justice system.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....as a semi passive observer of your posts I have to ask: aren't you too obsessed with this topic?

Honestly I will have ZERO mercy on anyone CONVICTED of a heinous crime and refused the brainwashing. If in the future, correctional officers decide to beat and torture a convicted pedophile as a means to obtain consent, so be it, hell I may even partake in the activity if it became legal for civilians to participate, and I can think of many creative methods to force a consent from such evil subhuman individuals. I am absolutely NOT interested in giving compassion to those I deem as monsters who REFUSE to change.

Give the child rapist pedo two options:

1) Mental reprogramming

2) A pool of blood and a corpse on the floor from a failed attempt to gain consent leading to being tortured to death. And yes, I would love to participate in the process of obtaining the consent from the subhuman. The idea of torturing to death a 40 year old convicted kidnapped and raped a 6 year old fascinates me. I am very serious when I say IF it ever became legal to do so, I WILL. I WILL participate in making my country safer. Mental reprogramming, brainwashing should be tools for this. The very thought of torturing this monster to death as punishment for refusal of the brainwashing excites me.
    Last edited by Mythic-RaidLead; 2019-10-20 at 04:08 AM.

Honestly I will have ZERO mercy on anyone CONVICTED of a heinous crime and refused the brainwashing. If in the future, correctional officers decide to beat and torture a convicted pedophile as a means to obtain consent, so be it, hell I may even partake in the activity if it became legal for civilians to participate, and I can think of many creative methods to force a consent from such evil subhuman individuals. I am absolutely NOT interested in giving compassion to those I deem as monsters who REFUSE to change.

1) Mental reprogramming

2) A pool of blood and a corpse on the floor from a failed attempt to gain consent leading to being tortured to death. And yes, I would love to participate in the process of obtaining the consent from the subhuman. The idea of torturing to death a 40 year old convicted kidnapped and raped a 6 year old fascinates me. I am very serious when I say IF it ever became legal to do so, I WILL. I WILL participate in making my country safer. Mental reprogramming, brainwashing should be tools for this. The very thought of torturing this monster to death as punishment for refusal of the brainwashing excites me.
    Seek professional help.

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    I suppose that depends on what constitutes as killing somebody. Their body and mind are still very much alive and capable of producing a new personality.
    A person is defined by their "self" identity. Removal of that identity is the equivalent of killing that person, since that identity no longer exists. To demonstrate: If you were terminally ill and were capable of transferring your "self" identity to a computer and after doing so, your physical body stopped functioning, would you consider yourself dead? If someone decided to "unplug" or "wipe" the computer that your identity was stored in, would that be killing you? The body's state only affects one's existence to the extent that it's currently the only way to exist. Thus, in the context of "death", the body still being is irrelevant if the identity it belongs to no longer exists.

5+ Year Old Account
    There is another thread that you made that centers around the same topic. This will be merged with that one, to avoid redundancy. Also please refrain from making graphic descriptions of harm and violence. It is highly inappropriate.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-10-20 at 05:42 AM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    There is another thread that you made that centers around the same topic. This will be merged with that one, to avoid redundancy. Also please refrain from making graphic descriptions of harm and violence. It is highly inappropriate.
    Ok, no problem.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-10-20 at 05:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

1) Mental reprogramming

That is not consent. How many times do I have to tell you this shit? Consent cannot be forced, or you're legalizing rape