Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    Please stop with these Frost Death Knights.
    Just because Arthas had Frostmourne doesn't mean DKs have anything to do with Frost.
    Your salt brings me joy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    By that very argument you need to literally remove the unholy death knight spec because they use shadow, which is void, not undeath. Ergo your argument doesn't make sense. There is literally nothing in the lore that says beings cannot draw power from multiple sources. Hell, the Titans were confirmed as being arcane/order type beings and they use just about every magic type in existence.
    It's not void it's death that they use. Shadow does not automatically mean void in game

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Johnson PI View Post
    Your salt brings me joy.
    I don't even think you know what that means.

10+ Year Old Account
    With fire DK all but confirmed in the upcoming expansion wrath of the bolvar I personally cannot wait to play one.

I would rather they add a demon faction and make hell knight one of the classes of it. Like a reverse paladin.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fikcrim View Post
    I don't even think you know what that means.
    You don't think I know what salt means?

Salt?

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    fire spec's already taken and Dragonfire isn't deathy enough.
    You realize there are 2 Holy and 2 Resto classes, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Johnson PI View Post
    Your salt brings me joy.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not void it's death that they use. Shadow does not automatically mean void in game
    https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpe...3c67fe749333a8

Void and shadow are the same thing. Shadow/Void and Undeath are different forces but, like I said, there are innumerable cases of multiple forces being wielded by the same individuals. Warlock use shadow/void, fel, and fire, for instance.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpe...3c67fe749333a8

Void and shadow are the same thing. Shadow/Void and Undeath are different forces but, like I said, there are innumerable cases of multiple forces being wielded by the same individuals. Warlock use shadow/void, fel, and fire, for instance.
    I was referring to shadow as a damage type. There is no unholy or death damage type so things related to the undead are classified as shadow. It's not automatically related to the void.

Did you play BFA? I didn't but even I know they've been creating further distinction between the two. The void whispers to Alleria when she is confronted by Sylvanas in one of the comics, and it is constantly spouting out "she's the real enemy." Meaning death. They are two different things, friend

How could you forget https://wow.gamepedia.com/Arcanagos of all people?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    What do they have to do with a death knight?

There is no fire using death knight.
    You claimed that warcraft isn't a franchise where fire and undead mix well, you stand corrected. Moving the goal posts to "fire isn't a DK" thing is an entirely different discussion, one that lost it's meaning since the next batch of death knights raised under Bolvar could be just different - they won't, because Blizzard is fucking lazy, but nothing in the canon prevents it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    You realize there are 2 Holy and 2 Resto classes, right?
    And 2 Frost (Mage adn DK) which would be the exact same scenario as 2 Fire

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    What do they have to do with a death knight?

There is no fire using death knight.

Entire legion class hall death knight quests I saw no mention of fire abilities with a death knight(more relevant than a list of boss spell).

The closest thing is a Fel knight or Fel magic used to raise dead.

That’s the point. I’m also saying it would have to be new lore to introduce it.

Gotta wait for 8.3 or further.
    Thane Kor'thazz is - litterally - a Death Knight. All of the rest are Scourge related in one way or the other. Oh there's also the Helchains trait for UH Death Knights. Come on now...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    How could you forget https://wow.gamepedia.com/Arcanagos of all people?

- - - Updated - - -

You claimed that warcraft isn't a franchise where fire and undead mix well, you stand corrected. Moving the goal posts to "fire isn't a DK" thing is an entirely different discussion, one that lost it's meaning since the next batch of death knights raised under Bolvar could be just different - they won't, because Blizzard is fucking lazy, but nothing in the canon prevents it.
    I didn’t even notice I moved the “goal posts”
    My apologies.

Another poster, Sygefred?, informed me of a spell that combines fire with undead for the DK player class. So there is direct support for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    With fire DK all but confirmed in the upcoming expansion wrath of the bolvar I personally cannot wait to play one.
    Where has it been confirmed? What source?

I agree with your dislike of the term "hellfire". I prefer just "fire" or "dragon fire" myself. That said I'm all on the DK fire healer hype wagon that will probably never reach its destination.

This could also be an indication that they are changing how specs work completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    This could also be an indication that they are changing how specs work completely.
    A couple of years ago this would have been equally exciting and frightening, these days.. mostly just frightening..

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    fire spec's already taken and Dragonfire isn't deathy enough.
    mages had frost first too, but dks also have frost

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    A couple of years ago this would have been equally exciting and frightening, these days.. mostly just frightening..
    They need to let us mix and match like in the old days, I have a feeling that is what this is, or maybe they decided to skip a new class and add an additional spec to all the non druid classes.

Death Knights... Warriors of Frost and Death... and Blood.

... and.... Fire I guess ?

...And Breakfast Cereals ?

..And Urang-Utangs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They need to let us mix and match like in the old days, I have a feeling that is what this is, or maybe they decided to skip a new class and add an additional spec to all the non druid classes.
    I just don't see it happening. The amount of effort needed for that would be enormous. I think the weapon is sadly just flavor and we will be seeing the return of some abilities like temporal displacement and AMZ, while keepting the current gameplay alive. There are just too many things backed into the current trees to just change that, beginning with mastery and ending with weapon restrictions for every single spec. At best I see them losening up some of the weapon restrictions (2h frost would already be a major victory in this endevour).