Boeing has other issues (737 MAX) that are hurting earnings... Catapiller, on the other hand, is getting hurt significantly by the trade war.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/23/inves...omy/index.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Throw it in the pile:
    Trump using the term "Never Trumper".

It's so endearing, funny and scary, at the same time.

Cult of Personality, anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... That's not exactly the amazing argument they think it is.
    Especially to admit that he hasn't actually divested, and still runs his businesses.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Trump using the term "Never Trumper".

It's so endearing, funny and scary, at the same time.

Cult of Personality, anyone?
    To be fair, they've been calling themselves that too. Just ask Skroe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Especially to admit that he hasn't actually divested, and still runs his businesses.
    Pfft it's not like the constitution forbids taking emoluments while President or something you rube. Lol.

...Wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, the ol' 'You can't ask for the taxes of these businesses I'm still running, both despite saying I would divest and it being a violation of the emulous clause' defense. What a classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their argument boils down to 'Because Trump is violating the Constitution, he can't be investigated for it'.

Would have been hilarious if the judges laughed Trumps lawyers out of the court room for that.

Of course you know that if it were lawyers for a Democratic president making these arguments, the GOP would have thrown a fit.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2019-10-23 at 08:59 PM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Oh I know. But that's not what makes it so funny. And scary. And endearing.

It's that Trump is categorizing his allies and opponents this way himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Yeah, I have used the term to describe myself before as well. It is just an easier way to communicate my position then "Conservative with actual integrity", because those conservatives without integrity still claim to have it. So Never Trumper is a fairly convenient way of expressing that in no universe will I ever bow the knee and place the whims of a narcissistic moron over the good of the country.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Oh I know. But that's not what makes it so funny. And scary. And endearing.

It's that Trump is categorizing his allies and opponents this way himself.
    In this instance, I'll label it less outright maliciousness and more his unwillingness to devote his already strained, limited mental faculties on trying to call them anything else. Of course, it just continues to make him look like a deranged idiot, but that's not stopped him before.

I mean it's a good question how many #NeverTrumpers are left. Most of us bailed on the party some time ago. Very few I don't think. There is no saving the Republican Party as we know it. There is no reason to stay in it.

I'm a registered independent for the first time since 2002.

The Republican Party isn't even the conservative party anymore. It's the Power party. It's only agenda is the consolidation of power to corruptly enrich itself. It's not even a liberal democratic party anymore. It's clearly become what the "managed democracy" form of government alternative looks like, but in American form.

They will stand by and let authoritarianism take root here, if it means holding onto power.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2019-10-23 at 10:03 PM.

https://arstechnica.com/information-...romised-again/

An internal White House memo published today by Axios reveals that recent changes to the information operations and security organizations there have left the security team in tumult, with many members headed for the door. And the chief of the White House's computer network defense branch—who wrote the memo after submitting his resignation—warned that the White House was likely headed toward another network compromise and theft of data.

The White House Office of the Chief Information Security Officer was set up after the 2014 breach of an unclassified White House network by Russian intelligence—a breach discovered by a friendly foreign government. But in a July reorganization, the OCISO was dissolved and its duties placed under the White House Office of the Chief Information Officer, led by the new CIO Roger L. Stone. Stone pulled from the ranks of the National Security Council where he was deputy senior director for resilience policy. (Stone is not related to indicted Republican political consultant Roger J. Stone.)

The resulting changes have put an emphasis more on convenience than security. The Office of Administration at the White House has reportedly been purging information security staffers while responsibility for cybersecurity is outsourced from the streamlined IT operations team. In August, White House CISO Joe Schatz left the White House for a tech consulting job. And according to the memo, senior security experts have been leaving en masse since then as the White House has become increasingly hostile to the information security team.

“Targeted for removal”
    "It is my express opinion that the remaining incumbent OCISO staff is being systematically targeted for removal from the Office of Administration," departing White House network defense branch chief Dimitrios Vastakis wrote in the memo. The security team had seen incentive pay revoked, scope of duties cut, and access to systems and facilities reduced, Vastakis noted. Staffers' "positions with strategic and tactical decision making authorities" had also been revoked. "In addition, habitually being hostile to incumbent OCISO staff has become a staple tactic for the new leadership... it has forced the majority of [senior civil servant] OCSIO staff to resign."

Vastakis warned that the transferal of virtually all of the White House's cybersecurity operations to the White House Communications Agency—a Defense Department organization that falls under the Defense Information Systems Agency—was in "direct conflict" with the advice of the Office of Administration's general counsel. He added that it also puts information required to be preserved by the Presidential Records Act outside of the Executive Office of the President's oversight.

"Considering the level of network access and privileged capabilities that cybersecurity staff had," Vastakis wrote, "it is highly concerning that the entire cybersecurity apparatus is being handed over to non-PRA entities."

In closing, Vastakis warned, "Allowing for a large portion of institutional knowledge to concurrently walk right out the front door seems contrary to the best interests of the mission and the organization as a whole." And reflecting on the previous vulnerabilities in White House IT operations, he noted, "given all the changes I've seen in the last three months, I foresee the White House is posturing itself to be electronically compromised once again."
    Cool, so the Trump administration is functionally gutting the White House cybersecurity team.

Wonder if he'll hire his kid to run it now, I've heard he's very good with the cyber.

Again. Trump. Is. A. National. Security. Risk.

Trump is bought and paid for by Putin.
    So he's simply doing what he's told; fuck over the US as much as he can.

SO this is hilarious.
    https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1187104954504433666
    The president said a couple minutes ago, "We're building a wall in Colorado. We're building a beautiful wall. A big one that really works."

Senator Leahy responded with this:
    https://twitter.com/SenatorLeahy/sta...17375008755712

Yes. That's a map. And that's a sharpie. And it gives part of the US back to Mexico by crossing out "New" in "New Mexico". A state Trump wants to win in 2020.
    An an epic, epic, epic troll by a sitting Senator. I don't think I've seen a troll quite so economical on this forum and it's over run with them. It's beautiful .

Looks like New Mexico is becoming Old Mexico, again boys! Anyone have any comments? Anybody? Anybody from New...errr... I guess its just Mexico now, have anything to add?

Anybody? Thoughts?

Leahy had a word:

(yes that's him)
    Last edited by Skroe; 2019-10-23 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Trump is bought and paid for by Putin.
    So he's simply doing what he's told; fuck over the US as much as he can.
    Well, if he truly was, it would be borderline economical, ironically. Don't need cybersecurity if he doesn't need to hack you since you'd share willingly.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-asylum-seeker

Remember Roxsana Hernandez? The transgender asylum seeker who died in ICE custody?

Yeah, the surveilance footage is gone. ICE deleted it because they don't store footage for more than 90 days. Even if someone dies, apparently, and even if the family requests an independent autopsy that's generally a precursor to potential legal action.

Are they trying to argue that the US government owns his businesses now? If so, can we please change the name, feel it hurts the brand. Who do I write my suggestions to?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Trump thinks Colorado is a border state and that they’re building a wall there.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TwitterMo...49660131078146

Seriously, how have they not removed this neurologically degenerating criminal yet? Why do the GOP keep defending him?
    Because of decades of Fox News indoctrinating the GOP base to believe Democrats are evil and out to destroy America. To the point that they see Trump as amazing despite his blatant ineptitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Trump thinks Colorado is a border state and that they’re building a wall there.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TwitterMo...49660131078146

Seriously, how have they not removed this neurologically degenerating criminal yet? Why do the GOP keep defending him?
    Going to make New Mexico pay for it I presume.