Poll: Bring back a standard gear system + tier sets?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Imagine getting your enjoyment from RNG procs instead of actual gameplay.
    no difference. You get the rng proc by playing actual gameplay. In classic you raid with 40 other players, often 6-7 of the same class, 2-3 item drop per boss. You can go months without a single item. In retail you get a lot more items, but tf items are what you are after and you can go months without getting the item you need

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Making all gear stat sticks is boring to the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    No, thanks. If you want a boring, outdated game, classic is there for you.
    and obv, new "exciting" system is failing big time.

Things that work good should not be changed.

But, judging by your profile pic, I kinda understand your way of thinking.

I think the current gear is really bad for game and it sucks out a lot of the enjoyment for me. I much prefer aiming to get X item, and once I have it, I have it. Now you need it to drop, but also titanforge and get a socket etc. It's boring and just layer upon layer of RNG.

In general on retail, gear is just stat sticks that can be increased a little bit by luck or doing the same shit just slightly more difficult. All the stats on an item might as well be removed and instead the item has a number between 1-1000 which indicates the power of said item. "Damn, you got them 500 shoulders? Yeah bro, big upgrade from my 490 shoulders". Hardly any gear pieces are memorable compared to back in the days. Nobody knows the name of the gear they use.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Making all gear stat sticks is boring to the extreme.
    Didn't you enjoy Aman'thuls Vision and Arcanocrystal as BiS for every class, spec, role?

It would be hillarious if blizzard keeps the current CORRUPTED TRIPPLE RNG replacement for TF/WF and makes the even more RNG items the new standard in the next expansion.

Nonplayers here asking for steps back while blizzard is jumping forward. History repeats itself and people will beg for TF/WF in the next expansion.

If you hate TF/WF get ready for its boosted version with positive/negative REFORGE caps, you wish you never complained about BfA gearing. DD
    -

I think overall MoP gearing was the best. reforging + valor upgrades + tier sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    I would say that MoP gearing system was closest to controlled RNG with some progression.

Raids could have warforge item (+6ilvls) and you could upgrade all gear twice, +5ilvl each time.
    Exactly, they keep taking decent systems like mops forging, legions artifacts, and just making them worse.

This
    I also want tier sets back but without tier set bonuses

10+ Year Old Account
    Just play classic.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Exactly, they keep taking decent systems like mops forging, legions artifacts, and just making them worse.
    I don't think Blizzard know the say: "If it aint broke, don't fix it!" :P

10+ Year Old Account
    This will never happen. Blizzard it too lazy to make real content, so they stretch it with multiple layers of RNG. If you think that sack of shit Ion is going to reduce RNG, lol I mean "CONTENT" you're fucking crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sure...people will just cry how boring it is. I mean...didn't people hate on re-forging, cheered for the removal at Blizzcon and now make threads where they wish it was back?
    THe people demanding it come back were the ones that never wanted it removed in the first place. There are two different sets of people here.

I voted yes, but it's a tentative yes. I'm curious to see how this current system plays out. It has the potential to solve many of the current WF/TF downsides while still keeping "lower" content interesting enough to be worth the time. That said, I would love to see Tier sets return and Azerite gear to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I don't think Blizzard know the say: "If it aint broke, don't fix it!" :P
    I don't think you realize that your opinion is just that. You claiming it wasn;t broken doesn't make that a fact. Blizzard believed it was broken, otherwise they never would have touched it.

Players need to stop treating their opinions like they are indisputable facts.

I definitely voted yes, as the current system has to much RNG. RNG is important but currently it is too much in my opinion.
    A certain amount of control would be good but the system is also broken on other levels, e.g. sockets or a complete gear reset every raid tier / season how it is called now a days. The same item in 430 with socket is better than 445 w/o socket... Overall I consider sockets as too powerful compared to other upgrades, especially on rings and trinkets.

My main concern with the new gear is not the corruption it self, this could be fun, but the connection to the cloak grind. Because the more time you invest with the cloak the more corruption can be equiped. So as they address the WF/TF problem they manage to add another grind besides the heart and essences...

I'm well aware that this is also meant as a nerf over time. But for me this is just not fun, it adds daily / weekly chores of brain dead content just to keep up with raiding and M+.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I don't think you realize that your opinion is just that. You claiming it wasn;t broken doesn't make that a fact. Blizzard believed it was broken, otherwise they never would have touched it.

Players need to stop treating their opinions like they are indisputable facts.
    But the whole thing is subjective, so therefore it is about opinions. Nobody is presenting that as facts. I'm definitely not. That's also why I have created a poll... to get people opinions. Personally I think that if a large majority like a certain system, then it is working. Of course this is not a fact and I never presented it as a fact. But statistically, some systems are more well-liked than others.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Because there's no RNG in classic at all
    In what way does that refer to what I said? I didn't claim that classic had more or less RNG. The person I replied to however implied that WoW would be boring (aka unfun) without titanforging. I merely pointed that out. Learn to read.

My interest in playing off specs and Alts has been on a sharp decline over the last 2 expansions and I am sure I am not alone...

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Imagine getting your enjoyment from RNG procs instead of actual gameplay.
    heres something fun, you can ignore the corrupted system entirely by cleansing the items and moving on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    My ideal system is old system + upgrading gear via tokens which drop from every boss. Something like 1 boss = 1 token = +1 ilvl up to +14 ilvl. Some RNG is fun, but just a little bit.
    well these days you would also have to have tokens drop from m+ and pvp. but not too much because there are no lockouts. then we can get people arguing what takes more skill etc, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    No way.

Tier sets means you have to do Mythic raid for that stupid set in highest quality.

Nobody liked that because it was not obtainable for most people.

Whatever you all want: tier sets are most likely not going to come back
    well, with titanforging gone you likely have to do the highest content to get the best gear. so have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But the whole thing is subjective, so therefore it is about opinions. Nobody is presenting that as facts. I'm definitely not. That's also why I have created a poll... to get people opinions. Personally I think that if a large majority like a certain system, then it is working. Of course this is not a fact and I never presented it as a fact. But statistically, some systems are more well-liked than others.
    When you post a pot shot at Blizz saying "They haven't learned 'If isn't isn't broke, don't fix it", you are claiming your opinion as fact. You are basically making a declarative statement that things wren't broke. Well, Blizzard thinks it was broke, or they never would have touched it.