10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    The name is also really really bad.
    That’s what they said about Battle for Azeroth.
    Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not.
    Make it your strength, then it can never be your weakness.
    Armor yourself in it, and it can never be used against you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    You guys constantly complaining about literally any new class is why Blizzard isn't going to do a new class in 9.0.

Enjoy your class reskins, lol.
    If it means we're not getting tinker, I'm happy. The constant discussion made me completely hate the class, so even if I don't receive what I want, it's good enough for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    This is a rather weird subject. According to their input about Hero Classes, they pretty much consider DK to be a class that incorporates both the Necromancer and the Runemaster.

There is also the fact that they'd rather avoid the gory necromantic stuff due to China and all.

However, there is still the Drustvar side of Necromancy, which is something rather occult/spiritual and definitely connected to the Shadowlands. If you notice their constructs, they are all material constructs that hold souls within them. That's something won't even need to censor.

My point is: We might see Necromancer in the more spiritual sense incorporated into a new class that's not fundamentally a Necromancer.
    This makes me sad for Shammy, they did them dirty by removing its Spirit-based spell animations. The voodoo fantasy was killed.

You guys constantly complaining about literally any new class is why Blizzard isn't going to do a new class in 9.0.

if they make many class reskins, and they affect all specs and not just one, i personally will accept them gladly.

lets see necromancer many stuff can we base a spec on lets see
    https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Voodoo
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Professor_Putricide huh neat already dont look like a lock and dk
    if lore supports it you can use this as spec https://wow.gamepedia.com/Vampire the lore around it kinda need more exploring anyways
    or blood magic with healing
    unholy spell caster sure + need more lore exploring here
    ofc if the expansion is shadowland that meens exploring death magic more but voodo is kinda death magic already so witch doctor works perfect to necromancer
    then again befor Ner'zhul becoms the lich king he keep taping into shadow, death/spirit magic i am not sure
    but i see plenty of stuff you can base necromancer on in the ingame lore aswell

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezra1520 View Post
    That’s what they said about Battle for Azeroth.
    You cannot kill hope. (Hopefully)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I’m just quoting the Wiki at you. Not head canon. Necromancy is powerful in the WarCraft universe. Necromancers are not. In-universe, it is treated as a pale substitute for a Warlock. To the degree that a Warlock sacrifices all his useless Necromancers to create Death Knights.

I say this as someone who loves Necromancers is other settings. They just aren’t appropriate for WoW as a playable class, by comparison.
    By that logic rogues are also not powerful in universe while organizations of rogues are.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity River View Post
    Deathknights are nothing like Necromancers, you're being obtuse to the fact that Deathknights are Undead beings who are raised into survitude to fight.

Necromancers are Living beings who use Death magic to bring the dead into their servitude.
    "Death Knights are practitioners of necromancy (also called the dark arts or the black arts) the study and use of magic to raise and control the dead. Necromantic magic (or death magic) has many functions beyond simply raising the dead. Masters of this tainted field of magic can conjure festering diseases, harness the shadows into bolts of incendiary energy, and chill the living with the power of death. Death Knights are also able to reconstruct the flesh of undead creatures, allowing them to function again even after the foul monsters have been destroyed. Death Knights are the enemies of life itself, and all hands are raised against them. Some of the worst evils in Azeroth's history have been perpetrated by the dark arts, and they deserve their malevolent reputation. Few things are as abhorrent and horrifying as the dark arts."

I replaced a few lines. You see how the Necromancer description basically describes Death Knights? If not you're willingly ignoring the blatant resemblances in the Necromancer description and how they are represented in WoW (as the Death Knight class).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    This makes me sad for Shammy, they did them dirty by removing its Spirit-based spell animations. The voodoo fantasy was killed.
    I think the voodoo side of Shamans is consider Shadow Hunter / Shadowpriest domain. You can even tell from Hearthstone where Vol'jin is a Priest card.

Furthermore, I do believe that a new Death/Shadow class addition will feature elements from Shadow Hunter.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    if they make many class reskins, and they affect all specs and not just one, i personally will accept them gladly.
    A ranged rogue would be considered reskin? If so, I'd gladly accept. I just want to use bow with my rogue. I'm not asking for much.

Death class, be it Necromancer or Dark Ranger, would incorporate all the blue/green smokey shit that Bwonsamdi farts out in order to visually distinguish it from DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Yes, but only one (warlocks) use "the shadows" to do it. Shaman and Mages use different magic.
    It's still fire nuking. Destro harness fel and fire energies to deal chaos and fire damage. Ele harnesses the elements of nature to deal fire, frost, and nature/lightning damage. Fire mages harness the arcane energies of fire to deal fire damage. Necromancers harness the power of death and decay to deal shadow/death damage. See how they are all thematically different?

Again, not the same magic.
    You can't have it both ways. You can't generalize Necromancers as just Warlocks/Death Knights, but not other specs. They both use frost magic at the core, but it stems from different places, and they use it in different ways.

Necromancers would just be reskinned warlocks/DKs, there's not enough there to truly differentiate them from existing classes/specs.
    Necromancers were once mages, that went against Dalaran and practiced Necromancy. They are masters of frost, shadow, poison, and death magics. You can sure as hell differentiate them and it doesn't even take much imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Because DKs are death knights, not Necromancers
    I'd appreciate you not bothering to reply if you're not going to respond to what was said.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I don't know. It kinda fits WoW though. It would be strange in Diablo, but hitting mobs with a keg of beer works in WoW. And it WAS fun to play.
    Definitely was fun to play. Always liked the feel of it, but the theme not that much.

I do believe the alternative for the theme could have been a Holy-based Monk like the ones you see in Scarlet Monastery. Wasn't Disc Priest designed with a Monk archetype in mind during Vanilla alpha or something?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

If it means we get 12 mechanically distinct classes again instead of 32 specs that are just reskins of the same 3 mechanics I'm down for it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Death class, be it Necromancer or Dark Ranger, would incorporate all the blue/green smokey shit that Bwonsamdi farts out in order to visually distinguish it from DK.
    The same visuals were used when Sylvanas raised Derek.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    "Death Knights are practitioners of necromancy (also called the dark arts or the black arts) the study and use of magic to raise and control the dead. Necromantic magic (or death magic) has many functions beyond simply raising the dead. Masters of this tainted field of magic can conjure festering diseases, harness the shadows into bolts of incendiary energy, and chill the living with the power of death. Death Knights are also able to reconstruct the flesh of undead creatures, allowing them to function again even after the foul monsters have been destroyed. Death Knights are the enemies of life itself, and all hands are raised against them. Some of the worst evils in Azeroth's history have been perpetrated by the dark arts, and they deserve their malevolent reputation. Few things are as abhorrent and horrifying as the dark arts."

I replaced a few lines. You see how the Necromancer description basically describes Death Knights? If not you're willingly ignoring the blatant resemblances in the Necromancer description and how they are represented in WoW (as the Death Knight class).
    I'll acknowledge that DKs and Necros share a lot in common. Hell, they often work together. But they are essentially the Death versions of Paladins and Priests. It's as simple as that. If you are fine with that, then you should be fine with Necromancers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Definitely was fun to play. Always liked the feel of it, but the theme not that much.

I do believe the alternative for the theme could have been a Holy-based Monk like the ones you see in Scarlet Monastery. Wasn't Disc Priest designed with a Monk archetype in mind during Vanilla alpha or something?
    It was, hence the Armor spells. Inner Fire and the talents. That's when Blizz tried making specs ambiguous.

Necromancers on islands and the Necromancer murlocs in Nazjatar already use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liszt View Post
    A ranged rogue would be considered reskin? If so, I'd gladly accept. I just want to use bow with my rogue. I'm not asking for much.
    skin mean "appearance" not "gameplay". so no - not considered