10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Yeah true, but it still was criticised a lot because of the AP grind. I personally loved Legion and had a total blast at the time.
    Eh, I'm not really the right person to talk about this because I haven't had the same fun in WoW since Siege of Orgrimmar

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    No expansion is ever considered good when it is current. It is always the worst thing ever until the next expansion when people begin too look at it more favorably, by the time we have the expansion after that the nostalgia goggles start to come on and people have forgotten the bad things and only remember the good things.

It has happened for every expansion i have seen and it will keep on happening until WoW is completely dead.
    Rule of thumb is that 2 expansions down the line an expansion is considered amazing. It started for Cata in WoD, MoP in Legion, and yes those who can recall earlier in BfA people actually reminisced about WoD. Fortunately Legion took WoD's place in this regard, cuz WoD was just that awful.

like, does anyone recognize the mace from anywhere?

it's driving me nuts, but i feel like i've seen something exactly like it before.

Of course those existed, but they weren't the consensus. Whereas WoD is generally considered as a bad expansion. That was my point. I'm aware some people enjoyed it though, and I will recognise it did bring nice things such as treasures hidden around the world, new models for old races, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah true, but it still was criticised a lot because of the AP grind. I personally loved Legion and had a total blast at the time.
    Ohh absolutely, i actually non-ironically quite enjoyed my time with WoD, it being my first full expansion i stuck with. But it was pretty bad as a whole.

But the forums work the same as always, by the time 10.0 rolls around you can bet your ass players will be talking about how BfA did things soo much better, and how 10.0 could learn from the good things it managed to do despite its flwas. It's just how the forums work around expansions.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Honestly, if WoD wasn't cut short it would have a much better reception in years to come. WHile the execution wasn't so good it was still a way to revisit Draenor before it shattered.
    That I can agree with as well. Not revisiting Shattrath for example, or discovering Farahlon or the Zangar Sea... was utter nonsense. That's why my problem is not the expansion itself, but how it was carried out (and obviously cut short as you mentioned).

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm a person that wants tinker eventually, and this would absolute ruin everything about it. this would be the final straw for me, i couldn't even log back into wow if they added something this stupid to the game.
    When I first read about it, I almost got an aneurysm. Makes Kung Fu Pandas look like literature masterpieces.

while i do want the Bolvar screenshot to be real, I am still half expecting Mr. Bamboozle to come out right before Blizzcon and say he faked all the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It is now, but it certainly wasnt considered that back when it was current.
    Just during the first patch if I remember correctly. Timeless Isle was praised back then as the best content patch this game has every seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    Rule of thumb is that 2 expansions down the line an expansion is considered amazing. It started for Cata in WoD, MoP in Legion, and yes those who can recall earlier in BfA people actually reminisced about WoD. Fortunately Legion took WoD's place in this regard, cuz WoD was just that awful.
    I suppose it varies a bit as well. I was actually quite shocked to see how quickly the forums forgot how awful Legion was in the first patch and decided to sing its praises like it got everything right on the first go.

it's driving me nuts, but i feel like i've seen something exactly like it before.
    We all have that same feeling about the mace and the general consensus about it is that we have seen it in the future and we're all getting glimpses of that through some kind of temporal echo. No one has been able to find anything close to this mace, yet we all feel like we've seen it before. It's a mystery!

Maybe the mace is called The Bolvar and that was the leak's reasoning?

So Bolvar is the Lich King and his mace is called The Bolvar?

Makes sense for Wrath of The Bolvar referring to his mace going apeshit.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Looks like the mace from Blackhand in Blackrock Foundry...
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=113979/...k-hand&bonus=0

Or something along those lines. Not 100% similar but deffo some things look the same.

Like we all, but no one is able to tell where it does come from. It's possible that is just similar to other maces we have seen.
    Last edited by Revaniter92; 2019-10-27 at 10:56 AM.

WoD had insane potential to be honest. The first few months of it were amazing. Good leveling, amazing visuals all around, Highmaul and BRF were both great. 6.1 was verry lacking though with only the ring questline and while i liked HFC the others parts of 6.2 like Tannan were really bad. And then they just ended the expansion only 7 months into it.

I am really not a fan of tinkers. But then I am not a fan of technology in warcraft in general. I think I was somewhat alright with dwarven blunderbusses and rickety zeppelins, but then we got laser gun-looking things and Naaru tech and giant, flying, light-infused mech suits and gnomish amputees with robotic limbs and it's all just too much for me.

However, since they seem to be quite popular I would still be happy for those who finally get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Revaniter92 View Post
    Like we all, but no one is able to tell where it does come from. It's possible that is just similar to other macs we have seen.
    Someone did point out that it looks like a corrupted version of the Legion Holy Paladin artifact the Silver hand. Though that might be reaching a bit.

10+ Year Old Account

Closest thing is I guess Blackhand's Hammer

Gotta show some dedication:

PRAISE THE BOLVAR!

10+ Year Old Account
    That mace kind of looks like the Holy Paladin artifact. A mix of the Reinhardt one and the default one.

7+ Year Old Account
    We all have that same feeling about the mace and the general consensus about it is that we have seen it in the future and we're all getting glimpses of that through some kind of temporal echo. No one has been able to find anything close to this mace, yet we all feel like we've seen it before. It's a mystery!
    I mean Bjolnir just looks like a generic fiery death mace to me. Which there are a lot of variations out there
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread