Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If you go by lore, many of those priests shouldn't even have access to holy spec.
    I mean, shit, that is true.

It all just boils down to Blizzard can and will do what they want with their lore and gameplay, because it is their lore and their gameplay that they created. If they want to make a Dark Ranger that has a healing or tank spec, they will. If they want to make a Tinker that has abilities using Azerite or ghost busting or whatever that hasn't existed in the game, they will. If they want to make a Necromancer with Blood/Bone/Poison specs, they absolutely will.

1100 hype?

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    Pretty sure a Dark Ranger has been requested since Vanilla too, since it was a WC3 unit. And I think a tinker does have a direct analogue in other classes, play a gnome/goblin hunter with a mech pet and engineering and you are 90% of the way there.

Tinkers are still going to be the new class though. Blizz is going to go all whimsical with them and people will whine like they did with MoP, but it will end up being a really good expansion and no one will play Tinkers, just like no one plays Monks.
    I know the argument of no one plays monks is popular BUT couldn’t that just because they start at lv 1 compared to the other two classes that were added which didn’t take much time for those two classes to get to max in their respective expansions. Thus giving a boost to their population

Why does this look so good?

Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    Confirmed now

Someone photoshop the lich king helm to his head pls!

Guys, we've had it all wrong this whole time. We thought there would be another hero class, but with David Hasselhoff, we're clearly getting a new base class, bard!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You coudl say the same for Tinkers, but from what i see they are not allowed to use the same arguments Dark ranger uses regarding that.
    I could. So can others. That's why it was said. Now these arguments are perfectly valid for Tinker.
    But there are also valid arguments that Dark Rangers have, that Tinkers don't (thematic fit),
    arguments for Tinker that are bogus (the inability to come up with an interesting DR spec which somehow means Blizzard can't either),
    personal opinions (I find Tinker fans and their insistance that Tinkers are coming now, to be annoying),
    and matters of practicality ( Only Pandaren and allied races are behind Gnomes and Goblins in terms of player numbers, and those we could see as Dark Rangers are among the most popular)

All of these should be taken into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvager23 View Post
    According to data-mining they're joining the Forsaken because Sylvanas abandoned them.
    Which just means that as a Dark Ranger you aren't required to serve Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    Confirmed now

Someone photoshop the lich king helm to his head pls!

As a German citizen i approve of this. First he united Germany now he unites all of azeroth!
    This space could contain your signature.

Why are people so damned sure of themselves that Tinkers are happening? I still want Dark Rangers and still think they're happening or at least as likely to happen as Tinkers. Also, Taliesin and Evi have been very wrong before. More than once.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

I would like to play a banshee class, and have sylvanas as a kind of leader.
    But blizz already said not intended to release new classes right now, but to release new races. Because is easier to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    So with death being the main focus, what will be the b plot. Will it be the void?

Sinestra is confirmed to be alive in the great dark. Perhaps we can have a raid with chromatus?!

Also will galakrond be a boss somewhere in 9.0??
    9.3? :P I mean what else could we be expecting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

I'm watching lore / predictions videos, and i sometimes hear "what if Sylvanas tried to claim the Frozen Throne for herself", and i'm having trouble understanding what her point would be. I mean, i tough nerzul controlled the undead, and the Legion emprisonned him up there. Did i miss something, like, the throne itself being relevant ?

Or was the point that she might wanna kill bolvar to gain the helm, and then control the Undead ? But again, what good would that do ? Wouldn't it be smarter to get in the shadowlands to gather the army directly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
    As a German citizen i approve of this. First he united Germany now he unites all of azeroth!
    That's the best. So bard class AND on more factions. Thank you Mr. Hasselhoff!

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    Why are people so damned sure of themselves that Tinkers are happening? I still want Dark Rangers and still think they're happening or at least as likely to happen as Tinkers. Also, Taliesin and Evi have been very wrong before. More than once.
    What if we get tinkers as a class AND Dark Rangers as a hunter skin?

I am 99.9% sure that Sylvanas will get the Illidan treatment and become neutral good without serving any faction. That's how Illidan was the perfect candidate to also bring the Demon Hunters forward. Don't forget Illidan was a villain at one point and was imprisoned for quite a long time.

7+ Year Old Account
    We're really moving now.

10+ Year Old Account
    If dark rangers becomes a thing, please let me opt out of the weed red eyes. Or at least make the red to be like the dk bluesh eye(effect wise), but not how that is on the npcs/toy.

Quote Originally Posted by balkzardan View Post
    I would like to play a banshee class, and have sylvanas as a kind of leader.
    But blizz already said not intended to release new classes right now, but to release new races. Because is easier to maintain.
    Where did they say that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    ironically, those of us that WANT tinkers actually dont think they are happening. Funny how it works.

Also you could say the exact same thing about Dark Rangers. "Why are people so damned sure of themselves that Dark Rangers are happening?" because its the same shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Renley View Post
    I mean, shit, that is true.

It all just boils down to Blizzard can and will do what they want with their lore and gameplay, because it is their lore and their gameplay that they created. If they want to make a Dark Ranger that has a healing or tank spec, they will. If they want to make a Tinker that has abilities using Azerite or ghost busting or whatever that hasn't existed in the game, they will. If they want to make a Necromancer with Blood/Bone/Poison specs, they absolutely will.
    No, they won't. They actually do try to fit things into pre-existing lore or create proper foreshadowing. Giving Dark Rangers a healing spec would be completely out of left field and doesn't really fit their nature, so it is very unlikely they will get one.

Blizzard's actions aren't random and arbitrary.