Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Honestly, PLD was one of the best ARR relics to me and I'll agree Excalibur was pretty amazing. It was also one of the most striking when dyed, if I recall, so you had some options to change it up with different outfits too, now that you remind me.
    The major issue with Excalibur is that the gold on the hilt rarely matches other gold items in the game, and almost NEVER matches any attempt to dye a piece of gear gold to match it.

I've found that most of my paladin glamours revolve around bronze rather than golds thankfully a lot of nice models also follow this. I use my excalibur with my Meliadoul set because there's almost no metal at all to worry about and the gold is "close enough".

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I swear this patch continues to look like its setting up Graha Tia and Allisae as weird romance subplots for the player character.
    What? I thought Alisae was lowke crushing on the WoL.

Can't wait to get home to see this for myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Were the designs that much of draw?
    Only reason for me to do them, yes. HW WHM staff looked quite nice and ARR too. Not that fond of the Eureka designs.
    I was ALWAYS waaay behind in doing them, so the item level they had when current were "meh" at best.

- - - Updated - - -

I swear this patch continues to look like its setting up Graha Tia and Allisae as weird romance subplots for the player character.
    Not the vibe I am getting at all but I am not through with the quest.
    Ifalna would be fine with the first, the latter... could get awkward.

Holy fucking shit the Nier raid is good and not just as fanservice to Nier which it is people that only played Automata freaked out about a 9s model and didnt bat an eye at "all this mineral based white powder, hope its not toxic as i breathed it in!" stuff teasing WCS

Great fights, especially the 3rd one which is one of the most enjoyable raid fights i've had since Throne of Thunder back in WoW but the true raid fight is the fact it drops 3 2b glamour sets as a chest item along with weight of the world and a pod minion at the end.

So naturally get ready for 3 minutes waiting for that one person thinking week one everyone else will just leave and they get it all

-also you thought people had trouble with Orbonne monastery? i went in as RDM and kept count. Across the whole raid i cast verraise over 60 times!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought the raid was okay. Will be very easy, once the people memorize the bosses moves.

Bit sad to see a hate filled 9s that confuses 2P with A2 though. I wonder how they'll tie it into the First world. Is it the "Ark" world from Automata? Data on "brother" already exists and the machines seem to begin forming a new network.
    The dwarf pre story made me want to shoot them though. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Thought the raid was okay. Will be very easy, once the people memorize the bosses moves.

Bit sad to see a hate filled 9s that confuses 2P with A2 though. I wonder how they'll tie it into the First world. Is it the "Ark" world from Automata? Data on "brother" already exists and the machines seem to begin forming a new network.
    Thats putting to many expectatings on the 'i'm an ice mage you dont pay my sub crowd'. Take boss 3 for example. It opens with a aoe hit on the right then the left. Second attempt the people paying attention start left and move right but you still stand there and see a bunch of players -mostly healers hence the ressing- just learn nothing and eat shit. Also the 2nd boss had a whole party release instantly and we 1 party finished it from like 40%. Some people just dont learn, dont want to learn and cant be arsed. Thats mmos. At least with orbonne eventually enough people would pick up the swords on Agrias for example, ain't nobody dodging the bullet hell for them y'know?

- - - Updated - - -

Also pervs rejoice, equipping 2b's stockings gives your character her butt as well. Taro's power cannot be denied.

5.1 MSQ spoiler thoughts

Spoiler: 

False alarm; it's just Alisae gushing over the WoL as usual.

Cool dungeon.

I hope Angelo comes back with us to the Source!

I'm glad that they are tackling the logistical issues Eulmore is facing. Hopefully this isn't the last of the Eulmore storyline and it doesn't get sidelined by the incoming conflict with the other five aspects of the WoL. I'm sad that the reconstruction of Doma was sidelined, only seen in the Enclave turn ins, and Ala Mhigo was completely glossed over.

Why wasn't the echo flashback voiced?

WTH Gaius casually holds back Estinien's jump with one hand, and then blocks Gaius' attack from behind? Is this a buff from the resonant? Zenos demonstrated no ability to use shields when he was just a normie Garlean; he was just a really good weaponmaster.

Oh my gosh, he's a straight up Ascian now. Guess that explains how he manifested the shield. Also means he can straight up teleport to the moon and consume Zodiark now. Does that mean Zenos can reincarnate upon death too? If so, that means were potentially dealing with a semi-immortal, superpowered serial killer who will haunt the universe until the end of time. Well, I guess he already did reincarnate, but he wasn't reborn; he just possessed the body of a dead Resistance soldier. Gonna need Urianger's white auracite to perma kill him. Also, yay Fordola is also an Ascian now. Hopefully she comes back into the story!

Really cool fight scene choreography.

Gosh, that's creepy. Was the Empire kidnapping their own citizens - young Garlean boys - and hooking them up to Ultima Weapon replicas?

I'm guessing the new threat Gaius is dealing with are either the Ultima Weapon replicas, or the Heart of Sabik. Or something completely different. I think the Heart of Sabik is the only outstanding mcguffin left at this point, so it's either that or a new plot device.

Hm... the new white robed guy's jawline reminded me of Asahi's, but obviously it can't be him. Um... IDK who he is. Would be pretty interesting if he turned out to be a new character, though.

I'm guessing that the "Wayward Warrior" is one of the five remaining shards of the WoL. Hm... if the Ascians haven't been manipulating events on the other five remaining shards, then does that mean they are effectively the same timeline, as there was no change on those worlds that would cause them to diverge? Would that mean the five remaining shards will look and act like the "Wayard Warrior"? Or will they be completely different characters? Are the the other five shards of the WoL working together, or has Elidibus told them that they are the only one who can stop the WoD, and they are working independently of each other, unaware of the truth about themselves? Anyway, thanks Elidibus sending the remaining five shards of my soul to me! Saves me the trouble of having to go after them to recombine myself into a complete being.

- - - Updated - - -

Crack theory

Spoiler: 

Well, with all of this talk about tinkering with souls, and the confirmation that bestowing the Resonant upon someone gives them sort of immortality, would researchers be able to refine their soul tinkering techniques/the Resonant to give all of humanity immortality? Kind of sucks that, when you die, you you soul just liquefies into aether that becomes something else. Wouldn't people be interested in seeking out eternal life? It kinda makes me scratch my head, knowing that there is a tribe in the Azim Steppe in which every member reincarnates forever (until they self terminate in the cave), and yet no one else is going "Hey! I want to live forever too!".

I know they meant to make crafting easier but just to test i did some auto crafts on a levelling job thats not max and in crap gear for the item and it did it constantly with no failures. I wonder if thats a bug or its really meant to be that brainless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fucking shit the Nier raid is good and not just as fanservice to Nier which it is people that only played Automata freaked out about a 9s model and didnt bat an eye at "all this mineral based white powder, hope its not toxic as i breathed it in!" stuff teasing WCS

Great fights, especially the 3rd one which is one of the most enjoyable raid fights i've had since Throne of Thunder back in WoW but the true raid fight is the fact it drops 3 2b glamour sets as a chest item along with weight of the world and a pod minion at the end.

So naturally get ready for 3 minutes waiting for that one person thinking week one everyone else will just leave and they get it all

-also you thought people had trouble with Orbonne monastery? i went in as RDM and kept count. Across the whole raid i cast verraise over 60 times!
    There's a bit of Nier 1 stuff, including some of the BGMs.

It did not help that the other heal was utterly useless though, basically solo healing my group 90% of the time, so that was quite annoying.

Oh bwoy. So it looks like theres a super coincidental bug in the raid. When the two large adds spawn in its accidentally spawning in an npc from the DRK leveling quests. But the thing making people paranoid is its one of the dying dragons the DRK deal with in heavensward, a red one saying how it wants to be with its beloved.

Obviously if you did the DRK questline you know its a recycled thing but some Drakengard fans who didn't play DRK saw it and went nuts online.

Oh bwoy. So it looks like theres a super coincidental bug in the raid. When the two large adds spawn in its accidentally spawning in an npc from the DRK leveling quests. But the thing making people paranoid is its one of the dying dragons the DRK deal with in heavensward, a red one saying how it wants to be with its beloved.

Obviously if you did the DRK questline you know its a recycled thing but some Drakengard fans who didn't play DRK saw it and went nuts online.
    I really like the intro to the drk job.
    I haven't started the job, just did the intro quest to unlock it.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    The nier automata raid was cool as hell, music was popping, 2p made my pp pop, and while I didn't get lucky with the outfit yet, I still made it out with a Pod / pad companion

10+ Year Old Account
    I know they meant to make crafting easier but just to test i did some auto crafts on a levelling job thats not max and in crap gear for the item and it did it constantly with no failures. I wonder if thats a bug or its really meant to be that brainless.
    No bug, auto synth can no longer fail. All you need is the stats.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are the 2B outfits job specific? Because that would be lame as hell imo.
    Last edited by Advent; 2019-10-30 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Are the 2B outfits job specific? Because that would be lame as imo.
    You get a chest at the end to roll on thats just her outfit, the actual class gear is other stuff, i think the caster one is based on the operator type androids for example.

Are you talking about Quick Synthesis? The Patch Notes said:

Quick synthesis has been adjusted as follows:
    * Quick synthesis will no longer fail, provided you meet the recommended craftsmanship requirement.
    * Increases to control will now provide reasonable improvements to the chance of receiving high quality items.
    * When using quick synthesis to craft more than one of an item, the time required per synthesis has been reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Crack theory

Spoiler: 

Well, with all of this talk about tinkering with souls, and the confirmation that bestowing the Resonant upon someone gives them sort of immortality, would researchers be able to refine their soul tinkering techniques/the Resonant to give all of humanity immortality? Kind of sucks that, when you die, you you soul just liquefies into aether that becomes something else. Wouldn't people be interested in seeking out eternal life? It kinda makes me scratch my head, knowing that there is a tribe in the Azim Steppe in which every member reincarnates forever (until they self terminate in the cave), and yet no one else is going "Hey! I want to live forever too!".
    The Azim Steppe tribe you're referring to isn't confirmed to actually reincarnate, that's just their belief.

You get a chest at the end to roll on thats just her outfit, the actual class gear is other stuff, i think the caster one is based on the operator type androids for example.
    All the pieces we saw looked a bit 9S'ish with some modifications to me.

I would love for the final raid to have token drops that you can turn in for weapon glamours based on the Nier games.

The raid itself is definitely a bit odd in terms of placement & setting within XIV. Having all this on the First locked away behind a tunnel just seems a little weird, but the raid itself is cool. I really like that they've added stuff to go back through the factory after the raid and explore, look around, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Also pervs rejoice, equipping 2b's stockings gives your character her butt as well. Taro's power cannot be denied.
    Miqo'te 1.0 Buttgate resolved?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I'm not sure if 9S is confusing 2P with A2. On top of that, we can't particularly say that this 9S is "Nines" from Automata. It's a 9S model, that's all we know for sure. If it IS Nines, he might simply hate 2P for looking like 2B. "Don’t look at me like that, he shouted from deep within his soul. I will not forgive you for having the same face as 2B. Or even carrying her sword, the same one… that day…" Well, if A2 has the same face and same sword, the same applies to 2P without mistaking her for anyone.

I'm also wondering what 2P is going to be since Yoko is now making her canon. Model 2 Prototype? 2B isn't even a Model 2 Battle unit, she's actually 2E, Model 2 Execution Unit. However....there are a lot dead 2B models in that factory as well.... it definitely suggests some connection to the Ark is possible.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2019-10-31 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, as with the main story, can't wait for the next chapter.

Did the Nier raid.

Spoiler: 

Well, it had a lot of spectacle, that's for sure. Not really invested in the story. You just kinda just go into the raid and kill stuff without much context.

Every raid questline prior went into detail, setting up characters, their backstories, their motivations, the stakes of the conflict, a feeling of history, etc. Every raid questline before this managed to tell a story in its first act.

Here, I don't know what the story even was. I felt like we followed some android who we literally just met into a valley that inexplicably, no one knows about (you'd think Eulmoran airships and Amaro riders would've noticed the place). We do our usual genociding, and then 2P casually tells us "oh yeah, these things are machine lifeforms", which makes me go "what, we're not just eliminating pre-programmed automated defenses, but we're straight up slaughtering sentient life?". Maybe their cute, round character designs should've given it away. Then 2P says "the factory has to be shut down" and doesn't give any explanation as to why. Then we fight the guy at the end (who I presume is another android - he's called 9S), who appears to fighting alongside with these machine lifeforms. Is he defending them? Is he the good guy here? And then that's that. "Cya in 6 months!"

The music was 50/50. Some of the time, it's grandiose and really great, but most of the time it's grating to listen to. I guess it will be more tolerable later on in the expansion when we are walking around in ilevel 500+ gear and can turn those 10+ minute long boss fights into < 5 minute long boss fights.