I'm outtie for the night. Have a good one y'all and I'll be back to chill before the festivities tomorrow A friend and I are gonna watch through all the WoW cinematics in prep, should be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobotripin View Post
    Why do people hate cata? Because it didn’t hold your hand and treat you like a carebear?
    One of the things, for me is because they quadrupled players health and only doubled player damage in relation to other expansions, making the pvp really slow, and it still is that way.

Quote Originally Posted by SpicedCarp View Post
    I think Belluar made the best point about Sylvanas character in game.

A lot of her story is told in books, with her inner monologue to support. So every choice she makes, we always know what shes thinking when shes making it, but when you try to do that in game, it doesn't translate because we don't have the monologue.

Blizzard is trying to write the in game story like a book, and it just doesn't work.
    I'm (probably foolishly and naively) hoping that the Loyalist vs Rebel stuff in BFA was Blizzard testing the water for a much more intricate version of this in expansions coming up, so that we can follow the story better. Like, if you are a Loyalist, and you're there to help Sylvanas achieve all of her goals and she actually lets you in on some of it? Or you manage to get some reasoning from her as she's doing it? It would have been great, and would have helped explain some of the issues.

I've said it in this thread before, which is what Bellular said. There's too much story being told in other media, and it makes the experience choppy and disjointed at best. MMO by its nature makes it hard to write a compelling story if you're not on screen for literally all of it. But if they have branching storylines, they could do SO MUCH more within the game. And it would add replayability for alts, as well. You want to see why Sylvanas is such a crotchety bitch? Roll a Horde character and play a Loyalist. But then you need to see how it feels on the other side as well, so you roll a new character to play through that side as well.

I want this on a zone-wide level for every leveling zone as well, ideally, where there are 2-3 branching narrative paths per zone that you can do. If you choose one, the other two still happen while you're doing one, but you only get to SEE the effects of the other stories unfolding (nameless other characters doing the job you would otherwise do) instead of experiencing them, and then can go and do them on another character to get the full effect of the story.

As opposed to reading it all in out-of-game content.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You could bake them into cookies. Or pizza.
    Mmm now I really hope I'll be eating my words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Why would you expect to be let down xD ? Sounds very counter productive.

I have crazy hype and dreams every year and BlizzCon/WoW manages to live up to that hype, expectations and dreams every single time.
    Because for years I've hoped something of substance would be announced for Diablo.

Not only that but Blizz has also lost their way. We aren't their target audience anymore and I'm scared for what any new game will be like from them.

WoW will always hit the mark on its announcements, that's something to be expected. But as for new releases.. we'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This may be a hot take but if they gave fistweaving back to Monks and converted Discipline into a Holy DPS tree I'd be 300% down for that.
    I mean the real question would be are priests okay with having only one heal spec??

Could they bake in the bubble play style into holy or should they just get rid of it altogether because it is a very core aspect of the priest-class but it is impossible to balance or tune around because absorbs are just that kind of beast

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I mean the real question would be are priests okay with having only one heal spec??

Could they bake in the bubble play style into holy or should they just get rid of it altogether because it is a very core aspect of the priest-class but it is impossible to balance or tune around because absorbs are just that kind of beast
    Considering how gutted bubbles are at this point, probably.

But yeah question is would healers want to be single-healing spec.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobotripin View Post
    Why do people hate cata? Because it didn’t hold your hand and treat you like a carebear?
    I mean I can see a lot of reasons why raiders hated it but outside of that some didn't like the underwater zone and the final patch was kind of a letdown in terms of once again the raid

honestly I just want the legacy of the cataclysm to come out to refresh my memory

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    But bolvar isn't really bolvar anymore, he's gone mad due to the lk hat which holds nerzul soul . So nerzul must probably fear the dragons, maybe he hoped dw would have cleaned them up for him but he didn't.
    Devs have been wrong before but they've been pretty clear Nerzul & Arthas are both gone. More like The curse of undeath eventually drives you mad & his anger is aimed at Alexatraza for his damned existence

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Devs have been wrong before but they've been pretty clear Nerzul & Arthas are both gone. More like The curse of undeath eventually drives you mad & his anger is aimed at Alexatraza for his damned existence
    according to Chronicles , Ner'Zhul is still there

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Considering how gutted bubbles are at this point, probably.

But yeah question is would healers want to be single-healing spec.
    it is much easier to add something then to take it away and in terms of video game there's a huge stigma with removing something even if it's something that should be removed or does not matter

For example under the impression that the mission table itself will be removed and I imagine a lot of players would be okay or even happy about that while there would definitely be other players who would be upset about that because that was the reason why they logged in or it added flavor or some other inane reason

I mean look at how players reacted to the removal of the 10 and 25 man split and I'm not going to bring up anything about mythic or anything like that that's a whole nother beast and the aspect I'm talking about

you had players upset that they could bring more people and that isn't even a lie there were threads talking about it there was outrage because of a good change that was universally accepted as an upgrade from the previous system but people were so set in their ways that they couldn't accept it

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    it is much easier to add something then to take it away and in terms of video game there's a huge stigma with removing something even if it's something that should be removed or does not matter
    Tell that to Blizzard circa 5 years ago. While you're right that there's a stigma, Blizz devs are more than pigheaded enough to tell the playerbase to stop interfering with their vision.

Did we see this? https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm..._leak_spoiler/

This guy has a long history of leaking. Probably works in the industry.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lillith villain would match up with the leak that WeakAuras had posted. Which would canonize them being 2-for-3 with only Bastion left outstanding.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Honestly I missed playing Druid so I hope we get the class in Diablo 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post

SFK wasn't terribly bad and was already a minimalist instance in its original form, but they still overscripted it and tied it to characters we'd only fully understand the stories of from ONE zone that only one faction can experience (albeit the best zone in Cata).
    Darkshore wants to have a word. That zone HURT

Yeah, he's legit. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any info about WoW.

12 hours to tinkers

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    Darkshore wants to have a word. That zone HURT
    Wasn't as big a fan of Darkshore. Sucks it was such a hard left after the Worgen start and the "real" resolution was in Silverpine. But even as someone so OVER Sylvanas and tired of the lazy drama they use her for, I cant help but give Silverpine the gold medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Tell that to Blizzard circa 5 years ago. While you're right that there's a stigma, Blizz devs are more than pigheaded enough to tell the playerbase to stop interfering with their vision.
    very true to the point that we have had them tell us this essentially multiple times in this expansion and every time they fail

bit about how are azerite gear should work about how this system should work or that system should work the want to tell us that they know best and they can do it right and they aren't wrong but in the end they cave because the players giving feedback is not something that you should be afraid

A Sylvanas Loyalist whispers, "For the Dark Lady....always"