Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Shadow"Blands" Are they holding back?

Normally during the reveal trailer they show all the features up front are withholding features?
    Would be a perfect time to release the one of the most wanted class the Necromancer i guess we will see

Quote Originally Posted by Chemacide View Post
    Normally during the reveal trailer they show all the features up front are withholding features?
    Would be a perfect time to release the one of the most wanted class the Necromancer i guess we will see
    No they already posted up the site and preorder stuff. No new class.

It's either time restraints or that's all there is.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Agreed. I feel like they still have things they want to announce and break down during the next panel.

When I woke up today excited for Blizzcon I never even imagined that Blizzard is going to rape me in my anus so hard. I hope they will at least send me some flowers now

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Sad, don't want to be one of those guys "WoW is Dead" but...what can i say it isn't getting better.

In order to get the classes right, theyre probably focusing on them rather than making a new one altogether.

They somehow managed an expansion pack reveal with absolutely 100% not a single feature anybody has been asking for or wanted. Not a single player request is to get fulfilled this upcoming expansion. No new race, no new class, no end to the AP system, they’re hyping up Pandaren death knights like they’ve been a hot request by anyone but silly forumgoers poking fun at the absurdity. New zones are complete ass-pulls with no previous explanation in Warcraft history or mention of their existence (which even WoD has going for it).

I am trying really hard to get even a modicum of excitement during all this. Maybe the upcoming panels will help me with the whole “oh, so they weren’t actually aiming for shit”

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    They somehow managed an expansion pack reveal with absolutely 100% not a single feature anybody has been asking for or wanted. Not a single player request is to get fulfilled this upcoming expansion. No new race, no new class, no end to the AP system, they’re hyping up Pandaren death knights like they’ve been a hot request by anyone but silly forumgoers poking fun at the absurdity. New zones are complete ass-pulls with no previous explanation in Warcraft history or mention of their existence (which even WoD has going for it).

I am trying really hard to get even a modicum of excitement during all this. Maybe the upcoming panels will help me with the whole “oh, so they weren’t actually aiming for shit”
    Dude the people who want pandaren dks and stuff are the people who pay for the store stuff and do all this side stuff that isn't even a mmo anymore.

They make the game for the people who pay$$$

The amount of people who love raid finder and stay subbed to talk in game and collect pets is insane. They don't even know what mmo-champion is.

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    When I woke up today excited for Blizzcon I never even imagined that Blizzard is going to rape me in my anus so hard. I hope they will at least send me some flowers now
    Well fuck man, did you not watch BlizzCon 2018? Or for that matter, have you not seen the immensity of controversy surrounding Blizzard throughout the whole of 2019? Or are you just okay with Blizzard shit-canning 800 people despite posting record profits as long as it doesn't impact you directly? Maybe if people had scruples as consumers instead of continually leaving their heads wedged deep into Activision-Blizzard's collective assholes far enough to gobble up whatever new and creative defecation they produce, you wouldn't be faced with this conundrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Garmondil View Post
    In order to get the classes right, theyre probably focusing on them rather than making a new one altogether.
    God I hope so. The game is unplayable currently due to how bad class design has become so let's hope they are making fixing the existing classes their top priority.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

theres TWO deep dive panels for wow this year. I think thats a lot of info not yet released.

yes and just like how we got new better looking sets since they stopped working on class sets.

Oh wait..

I'm hoping that they didn't mention class redesigns because of the same reason the level squish didnt make it into the opening ceremony. IT just seems too in the weeds for a major announcement

but if they are revamping all the classes, its the best time to add a new class into the mix and balance altogether.

Let's get real, Blizzcon is a giant sales tactic. They roll out their best stuff; it's a giant ad. This was their best stuff for WoW. Think about that.

I guess they've given up and think D4 and OW2 are the future of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I'm super disappointed too

But to be fair, we are all entitled, spoiled, demanding fans who will never be satisfied with what we have or get. The goalposts are forever shifting and a new class would only bring in the 'I can't believe they chose X over Y' endless debates.

Looking at the polls, every class is split fairly even. Theres no winning the crowd with any one class announce, and I get that

But man if I'm not disappointed still.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We know for sure they witheld features from the reveal trailer. Level Squish, "New leveling system," a customization revamp, and the fact that apparently Covenants have a talent tree attached to them were all hidden.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

After seeing everything so far a lot seems half of what we'd get from normal announcements. The WoW announcement was very reserved, same with Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2. The Diablo 4 panel leads me to believe that D4 is 3 to 5 years from launch, which is very sad. The class revamps and redesigned gameplay better be completely out of the park, because I am getting WoD vibes right now, which coming off BFA is incredibly depressing. There were 3 different class concepts that would have fit wonderfully with the death theme.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemacide View Post
    Nope. As warned, Blizz continues to get cheaper and cheaper. They know that a good chunk of the playerbase will think this is the best expansion eva!!, and they provided just enough that PR would do its work.

Objectively, Blizz deserves to financially die. In reality, it will likely take another expansion before that happens with WoW and probably another few years beyond that before enough people figure out that they were being ripped off.