Page 1 of 33
... LastLast

Factions stay, no cross-faction mode

Interview from Preach and Bay:

From 8.30.

So after Shadowlands it will be another silly faction war. Such a missed opportunity.

What do you feel?

Horde is the only faction anyway

Surprised but at the same time, not. Same old shit, business as usual. Then they'll wonder if Shadowlands ends up with even less subscribers than BfA because there will be nothing to do 2 months later.

"Oh hey... you don't get a new class or even class re-skins, but... you get to quest with Kael'thas, and get two Covenant abilities and only have to level to 60! Stick around for two years."

Quote Originally Posted by Baleful View Post
    Horde is the only faction anyway
    For the top end, definitely. I wanted to play Vulpera with my Alliance guild I'll be all alone again! :P

I'm not entirely surprised. I wish they'd do away with the faction war story entirely. BfA proved that it wasn't as fundamental to WoW story as people thought.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Saw this interview earlier and, yeah, as much as I've been carrying a flame this whole expansion that "addressing" the faction divide, and seeking "resolution" would mean what I hoped it meant... the worst part of this clear and decisive end to any and all speculation is when he likens things to prior expansions, even in the context of what has happened and is happening now. Like, it was literally now or never, and it seems the answer is never.

Oh well, it changes my plans but doesn't end them. I can work within the framework that exists, but this is a clear sign that this will never budge.

bfa being the end of the faction war my ass.
    stupid liars
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

But why though, you even have covenants now to give players their own faction regardless of race. Plus. how will Alliance vs Horde fit into the Shadowlands story?

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they will find more ways to make people go to Horde, so it doesn't matter much.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want crossfaction pve. Draenei are my choice but can't play them as 90% of my friends are horde. Sad.

Annnnnd the story is going to stay handcuffed by the ridiculous notion of factions. They really need to abandon this terrible story telling crutch.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pathetic. Guess it explains why they're letting us do Torghast solo, queue times are going to keep being completely broken for DPS.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Annnnnd the story is going to stay handcuffed by the ridiculous notion of factions. They really need to abandon this terrible story telling crutch.
    Not to mention a dwindling player base still divided.

It's one of the silver linings of the expansion - they didn't actually pick up any of the silly fan fiction from mmo-champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by pinglong View Post
    But why though, you even have covenants now to give players their own faction regardless of race. Plus. how will Alliance vs Horde fit into the Shadowlands story?
    Like Ion said: "Some uneasiness when you hang around the other faction"
    It will work like Class Hall he said.

So incredibly stupid the alliance raiding scene will officially die outside oceanic realms. Some will move to horde but a lot will just quit. People are already talking on guild disc about how half can't stand being stuck on the low pop faction for another expac and a bunch want to stay alliance because they despise horde. So many more guilds are going to die and it's just going to keep accelerating. They had a chance to fix this but horde boy gotta keep em separated.

$30 faction transfers. Activision will never let them cut that revenue stream off. There are some crazies out there who will spend that on all of their alts.

i am officially on board with the Ion needs to go train.

when will the stupid discussion stop?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinglong View Post
    The same way it has throughout the history of WoW. Humans enslaved and tortured orcs, trolls and various other horde races. Orcs raided and murdered alliance settlements. While you might not feel like they settled there differences, lore wise they two factions still hate each other. There's a difference between being at full blown war, and disliking a faction to the point where you kill them out in the open world. It's WARCRAFT, not PEACECRAFT. They'll work together when it's necessary, but to full blown merge them together would be ridiculous. The only way I see blizzard implementing cross faction gameplay is if the sub count nose dives. They'll have no other option other to enable it due to a small community.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    So incredibly stupid the alliance raiding scene will officially die outside oceanic realms. Some will move to horde but a lot will just quit. People are already talking on guild disc about how half can't stand being stuck on the low pop faction for another expac and a bunch want to stay alliance because they despise horde. So many more guilds are going to die and it's just going to keep accelerating. They had a chance to fix this but horde boy gotta keep em separated.
    The fact that Alliance almost failed to fill their Azshara HoF before 8.3 was revealed tells me it's already dead globally.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)