• Lich King

253 38.45%
  • Sylvanas

405 61.55%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Then she should just have trounced him, not hopped around the arena for a minute for basically no reason. It didn't feel like she was actually stronger, it felt more like Bolvar randomly forgot how to fight and Sylvanas then won because the plot demands it.
    Man it's a blizzard cinematic. How climatic would it have been had she just gone in there, full banshee mode and remove the helm of damnation all within a minute? Yes on paper what you're saying makes more sense, but com'on man. We all know that would make for one shitty cinematic and everyone would be ripping their hair out claiming it's the worst cinematic ever produced by blizzard. There has to be some suspense.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Theres one big problem with that fight and its a blatantly obvious one.

Sylvanas should have lost on account the crown of domination literally is designed to control undead, TLK should have legit just MCed her and the fight would be over, its pretty odd for her to be standing unscathed by a weapon capable of literally breaking her will.
    Blatantly obvious he says.. while casually ignoring Sylvanas entire story arc

If it was so easy to get Sylvanas back under control Arthas would've done it + every single Forsaken that came to Northrend.

Sylvanas 1v1ing Bolvar is something I can accept, as long as the fight is realistic and both parties sustain some form of injury.

Sylvanas 1v1ing Bolvar AND the Scourge offscreen while sustaining no damage whatsoever is not

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Who would win? Champion of literal god of death or powerful necromancer?
    that can be asked for every foe we face.

a being imbued by the Titans or 25 nobodies who collect bear meat and murlock eyes for farmers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Sylvanas 1v1ing Bolvar AND the Scourge offscreen while sustaining no damage whatsoever is not
    yep, people obviously forget this.

As much as I dislike Sylvanas, the right character won. They're focusing on building her up to be a force to be reckoned with. The Lich King had his moment in the sun, Bolvar without Frostmourne was never meant to re-introduce a conflict with The Lich King, they made that clear now.

I feel like Sylvanas right now is about how strong the Arthas verison of the Lich King was when he was defeated. Bovlar was weakened when becoming the new LK and has just been spending his time restoring his power like Arthas did before WotLK started. I even think at some point since the start of Legion the Knights of the Ebon Blade, had talked about having a champion(the player) just taking over as the LK because they could, but they decided to just be allies with Bovlar instead.

Make no mistake though that Blizzard has been buffing the hell out of Sylvanas over others though. I feel like Jaina is probably the only mortal stronger than her right now.

I get the intent behind it, but I think it was a mistake to make the first time we see Lich King Bolvar throw down he gets spanked quite so badly. It greatly diminished the mystique around his character and I don't feel that Sylvanas really got anything more from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lich King should have won, obviously.

Alternatively, if they really insisted on going through this route, Sylvanas should have at the very least lost something. Instead, everything went perfectly and she came out of the fight completely unscathed. If she had been been scorched or if one or two of her Val'kyrs died, I would've been more okay with Bolvar losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    This is absolutely moronic.

You're confusing what "should" have happened with what "I wanted" to happen.
    This 100%. I hate Sylvanas as much as the next guy but she wasn’t being Skeletor for an entire expansion for no reason—she was stockpiling power. If she got butt-touched against the Lich King in the cinematic, we wouldn’t have a story.

Quote Originally Posted by A Young Munch View Post
    This 100%. I hate Sylvanas as much as the next guy but she wasn’t being Skeletor for an entire expansion for no reason—she was stockpiling power. If she got butt-touched against the Lich King in the cinematic, we wouldn’t have a story.
    or LK simply opens the Shadowlands for some reason without idiotic helm breaking which makes no sense anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    that was because of the Iris though.

- - - Updated - - -

by the end of Shadowlands, Sylvanas will say Azeroth is free!!

and becomes the high King of Alliance and Horde and the Death Goddess.
    another former horde warchief running off to another dimension in hopes of more power.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    or LK simply opens the Shadowlands for some reason without idiotic helm breaking which makes no sense anyway.
    Bolvar doesn’t strike me as interested in doing that. I feel like he had other plans unrelated to that and Sylvanas screwed everything up. I hated the cinematic’s outcome because they made Bolvar look like a weakling, but I’m trying to make sense of what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by A Young Munch View Post
    Bolvar doesn’t strike me as interested in doing that. I feel like he had other plans unrelated to that and Sylvanas screwed everything up. I hated the cinematic’s outcome because they made Bolvar look like a weakling, but I’m trying to make sense of what I see.
    you can't haha

that's the point.

this is some anime level shit.

I don't care that sylvanas won, it's the manner they had her achieve it. Not every win needs to be some near effortless thing. Like it doesn't hurt for her to get smacked around a bit before winning if anything it adds to the tension and story.

QUOTE=DemonHunter18;51820802]you can't haha

that's the point.

this is some anime level shit.[/QUOTE]

Shit even anime typically has their overpowered hero lose for a bit, before powering up and winning.

There is a good post on reddit about this: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...bolvar_breaks/

Also, Lich King Bolvar never did anything particularly special. Any power we attributed to him was purely speculative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

The real-world reason for Sylvanas to win is that she is a favored character of one of the main writers at Blizzard.

That said, however... that, lore-wise, Sylvanas would probably win anyway, for th following reasons:

1- Ki´l Jaeden made the Lich King and the Frozen Throne using a portion of his own power: he isn´t alive anyomore, so logically the Lich King would weaken;
    2- No more Frostmourne, which *was* a integral parte of the Throne, alongside with the Helmet;
    3- The dragonfire that kept Bolvar "alive", is fire of the DragonFlight of Life, so it is the exact antithesys to the Crown´s necromantic powers. Both powers probably "cancel" each other mutually;
    4- Sylvanas has been juicing up on some Old God steroids for a while now, so she is obviously stronger than before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas, obviously. Bolvar was a broken man, barely alive, no special magic weapon like frostmourne. All he was good for is keepin the undead in check with the crown.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Since we don't know how powerful Sylvanas actually is, and this was the first fight (we know of) Bolvar participated in... It's actually not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    There is a good post on reddit about this: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...bolvar_breaks/

Also, Lich King Bolvar never did anything particularly special. Any power we attributed to him was purely speculative.
    That guy from reddit is wrong about the dislikes on the YT. I didn't dislike the video because it's bad or because I couldn't stand Sylvanas being stronger(because that's explained) - I disliked the video because they just let Sylvanas easily defeat one of the most anticipated hero from Azeroth. You know, hyping someone for about 10 years and then showing how easily he is defeated. That's just awful.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not some "PC" writer
    why do people point to Sylvanas as a figure of progressivism you're so fucking cringe