Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Itshappeningyes View Post
    Great. Then don't buy it and stay "not playing". No one will be in tears due to your absence. I can't believe spergs write giant posts about stuff they don't like, trying to convince others to see it their way. So sad.
    It’s genuinely insane that people have so little to do that they write these long, pointless posts lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by letgoit View Post
    It’s genuinely insane that people have so little to do that they write these long, pointless posts lmao.
    Yep, then they get salty when you call them out on it. I pre ordered Epic Shadowlands edition, I bet OP must be mad about that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Itshappeningyes View Post
    Yep, then they get salty when you call them out on it. I pre ordered Epic Shadowlands edition, I bet OP must be mad about that too.
    I hope the $40 gold-encrusted soul penis mount serves you well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    One thing I recently, Thought up which i hope to god is not true. Is if they make all new allied races, tied to the Covenants which would mean we would have to do the Covenants 4 times in order to unlock allied races tied to them
    It sounds like they really would prefer you choose one Covenant and never switch though, as they are making it "expensive" in some way to change. To me that definitely seems like they're pushing to have people stick with their initial choice.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I hope the $40 gold-encrusted soul penis mount serves you well.
    Not gonna lie... If I could actually get that, I'd totally buy it. It's so absurd and hilarious I'd display it front and center over the rest of the crap on my display shelves.

It cannot be any worse than WoD 2.0 so let's just wait for release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people like to have in-depth discussions with well-thought out categorized points, and others like to take time out of their day to join a conversation they're not even interested in only to spit out snotty one-liners.

It's self-evident as to which of those has more inherent merit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

If Covenant mount rewards are not account wide, I'm not playing the expansion. That's my line in the sand.

Expansion without a hook, I can maybe get into, if the Tower and other things are good+, but if they start peeling away things that are Account level, I'm out. IDGAF about the story and/or lore implications.

Worth mentioning that Torghast is basically island-expeditions in dungoen halls
    Description of torghast is too similar to island ones

-they change everytime you do them
    -Requires different tacts everytime
    -Grind them for something , Azerite from islands for necklace , and Animes here maybe for Legendaries
    -You get some ability upgrade during them , just like islands offer you some stuff from dublon items or shrines..

This expansion has basically 0 features

Just zones raid ans dungoens which is standard every xpansion

I don't think the Necrolord ability is bad, quite the contrary actually, I think it's one of the best along with the one that teleports you anywhere on the map.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

Two of the more "popular" expansions added nothing but extra zones, raids, dungeons etc, with nothing really innovative. Those expansions being TBC and WoTLK.

Yes I'm aware that TBC added two new races, but the tonnes of character customisation we'll be receiving for the core races seem like much more work and have been something that has been clamoured for by the players as more important than new races for years.

Yes, Wrath introduced a new class. But the general consensus lately has been that current class gameplay is terrible and that the players want the current classes fixed rather than a new class which could potentially create more issues. We're getting class revamps, exactly what players wanted, something players wanted instead of a new class.

So far Shadowlands has more content than those two expansions which seem to be in the higher tier of expansion lists. Remember WoD had no new class/race announcement for the expansion and the two big selling points were: Garrisons and Model Updates. Which are basically Covenants and revamped character customisation. People were extremely hyped for WoD at first and WoD launch was widely regarded as fantastic before it was clearly abandoned. I am firmly of the opinion that if WoD wasn't abandoned and followed a normal patch cycle with an extra zone and raid, and also had Mythic+ and World Quests, it would probably be considered as one of the best expansions in contention with Wrath and Legion by most players.

In fact, the only expansions that seem like it's edging out Shadowlands on content are Legion and BfA(for the wrong reasons - Islands and Warfronts come to mind).

I was genuinely one of the many who was extremely underwhelmed at first upon seeing the Shadowlands announcement and features trailer and actually said to myself I very likely wouldn't return for this. But after seeing the further panels and interviews and after talking with friends, I an genuinely extremely hyped now and see all the merits this expansion has to offer. The zones are beautiful, I'm hyped to play out the Covenant stories and get the cosmetics, and I'm particularly excited to sink my teeth into Torghast and the new character customisation. The new levelling is also a big plus for me.

I feel like certain people are complaining for the sake of complaining now and are just looking to be negative and see not actually taking in what this expansion has to offer properly.

Quote Originally Posted by guisadop View Post
    I don't think the Necrolord ability is bad, quite the contrary actually, I think it's one of the best along with the one that teleports you anywhere on the map.
    I think you're misunderstanding the teleport one...

That sounds more like a targeted blink or shadow step with a limited range versus a "teleport anywhere on the map", which would be really amazing and also completely broken.

The necrolord one has merit if they give it a movespeed boost or allow it to fly, otherwise its definitely mediocre in comparison. An instant speed boost or teleport are way more impactful than that one.

This is assuming it works the way it should, which is that your body moves to your spirit location at the end. If all that happens is that your spirit goes back to your body afterwards, then it is legitimately almost entirely useless. What happens if your "body" gets stunned/cc'd during your spirit walk? Are you still able to reactivate to teleport to your spirit during the CC? If not, yikes, that's pretty bad in PvP implications as well.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2019-11-04 at 06:44 PM.

They never claimed class unpruning is an expansion feature

Quote Originally Posted by Vashen the Paladin View Post
    But they also didn't announce anything else that would show they're working on improving the play of classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashen the Paladin View Post
    Well people here are arguing against additional expansion features because of unpruning, sooooo....

I agree with you both. You don't like the game and say it's boring, but do a long text. It feels like a contradiction. I don't know what people gain with that. Destroying others fun? Dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I agree with you both. You don't like the game and say it's boring, but do a long text. It feels like a contradiction. I don't know what people gain with that. Destroying others fun? Dunno.
    The longer posts is constructive criticism in hopes that Blizzard takes concerns into consideration when they're developing, as they've promised that they will. I WANT to play the game, which is why I created the post. The post isn't to bash the game because I don't like how its shaping up, its essentially a plea to them to make changes that will interest me and any others who agree with my concerns.

Just because I haven't played the game in 5 months because I don't like it doesn't mean I don't still have interest and hopes that it will pull me back in.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    From what I've gathered in videos and on forums, wow hasn't really been innovative or fun in a very long time. I doubt this expansion will change that.

Diablo 4 looks promising though! Maybe I should give D3 a shot; is it any good?
    Diablo 3 sold 16 million copies, but mainly on the back of the legendary status of Diablo 2 + Blizzard's reputation (and being ported to every platform under the sun).

Diablo 4 looks much more interesting, and closer to the original 2 games than what Diablo 3 turned into. Its safe to say that while Diablo 3 is a decent game with high production quality, its staying power was low and it wasn't in line with the rest of the series. Given what we saw in the trailer for D4, they took the criticism to heart -- its more mature/dark/grim/violent, they fixed the art design and color palette, and have at least acknowledged the progression and mechanics problems D3 had.

Save yourself the $20-40 and just play Path of Exile until Diablo 4 launches. My $0.02.

I don’t see why everything has to be upended every expansion. Class halls were a ton of fun. I hope Convents take a lot from Legions class halls. World Quests can be tiring but I like having them I hope they are in Shadowlands. The lore is going to the lore you can like it or hate it but something is going to be there.

Shadowlands looks like it might be a lot of fun. I hope they continue to build on what’s worked in the past rather then just scrape everything and start from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    The longer posts is constructive criticism in hopes that Blizzard takes concerns into consideration when they're developing, as they've promised that they will. I WANT to play the game, which is why I created the post. The post isn't to bash the game because I don't like how its shaping up, its essentially a plea to them to make changes that will interest me and any others who agree with my concerns.

Just because I haven't played the game in 5 months because I don't like it doesn't mean I don't still have interest and hopes that it will pull me back in.
    Blizzard isn’t reading your MMO-champ forum diatribe. You’re ranting into the void, buddy.