Page 51 of 146 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I'm not sure what you think is being argued here. Both of the posts you link to say exactly what I said they were: the popularity of the games lead to the series' international success. You repeatedly cited Polish made media as evidence of the series' success which was irrelevant given everyone else was talking about US/international.

The "never leaving Poland" argument was introduced by you here, not by anyone you are arguing against. You actually introduced something that conflicts with what people were saying. "It's not like it stayed a polish only game"? No shit. No one said it would, and people are pointing to the popularity of the games being the direct cause of the whole series' international popularity.
    Sure if you want to Split hairs they didn’t say exactly that it would never leave Poland just that no international series would ever be made or that it had little popularity any where before the games even in Poland.

And yes I site polish media to show that there was some interest in it and that it wasn’t some unknown series as we can see form the games it only takes a few people to take a series from polish only to international with a well receipted series.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-11-08 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Sure if you want to Split hairs they didn’t say exactly that it would never leave Poland just that no international series would ever be made or that it had little popularity any where before the games even in Poland, who knows Mabye it would have gotten a German series and stopped there.
    So this is the part where you're kind of admitting you were wrong but being super fucking weaselly about it to save some face. There is no splitting hairs, there is just you arguing against a strawman that actually conflicts with what people were saying. And no one cares that it "could have had a German series" or whatever because they are talking about how a Netflix series got made.

You were wrong.
    And yes I site polish media to show that there was some interest in it and that it wasn’t some unknown series as we can see form the games it only takes a few people to take a series from polish only to international with a well receipted series.
    It only takes an EXTREMELY SUCCESSFUL VIDEO GAME FRANCHISE, ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL IN RECENT MEMORY to take a series from Polish only to international.

7+ Year Old Account
    So this is the part where you're kind of admitting you were wrong but being super fucking weaselly about it to save some face. There is no splitting hairs, there is just you arguing against a strawman that actually conflicts with what people were saying. And no one cares that it "could have had a German series" or whatever because they are talking about how a Netflix series got made.

You were wrong.

It only takes an EXTREMELY SUCCESSFUL VIDEO GAME FRANCHISE, ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL IN RECENT MEMORY to take a series from Polish only to international.
    Knew I should have put the eye roll emote, look up the definition of international if it made it to Germany it would have been international, to say it would never make it to another country means it would never leave Poland.

The Witcher also didn’t come out as a series it wasn’t some combo pack they built interest game to game with 3 being a lot bigger then the first 2.

Knew I should have put the eye roll emote, look up the definition of international if it made it to Germany it would have been international, to say it would never make it to another country means it would never leave Poland.
    Let me repeat: And no one cares that it "could have had a German series" or whatever because they are talking about how a Netflix series got made.
    The Witcher also didn’t come out as a series it wasn’t some combo pack they built interest game to game with 3 being a lot bigger then the first 2.
    No shit. REALLY?!

What next are you going to tell me that is completely obvious that I apparently had to account for in order for you to pretend you had a point?

7+ Year Old Account
    Let me repeat: And no one cares that it "could have had a German series" or whatever because they are talking about how a Netflix series got made.

No shit. REALLY?!

What next are you going to tell me that is completely obvious that I apparently had to account for in order for you to pretend you had a point?
    So what it’s changes to no intentional series would ever be made which means it would never leave Poland to only the Netflix series matters? What happened to my magnificent straw man? Are we arguing that the only way to leave Poland is though Netflix now?

Or is it that you need a super popular game franchise to go international as if those games didn’t have to break out of Poland to hit that extremely successful bit.

So what it’s changes to no intentional series would ever be made which means it would never leave Poland to only the Netflix series matters? What happened to my magnificent straw man? Are we arguing that the only way to leave Poland is though Netflix now?
    No. It has been literally argued about how a Netflix series got made from the start. You brought up the rest out of fucking nowhere and people kept reminding you this was about the US and Netflix.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Considering the books never sold well (did they even sell until the game?) here in the US, and the fact that the original show was in a foreign language, what in the world makes you think the book's small success over seas would have any impact on what gets made here in hollywood? Again, GOT and the entire "A song" series was already popular enough, book wise, in the US to earn it a show. The witcher books were never EVER anywhere close to that. Not here, not in their home land, not anywhere.
    I'd like to point out that you pointed this post earlier thinking it supported your argument.
    Or is it that you need a super popular game franchise to go international as if those games didn’t have to break out of Poland to hit that extremely successful bit.
    Congratulations. You actually got the point. It WAS THOSE GAMES that broke it out of Poland. That is what has been told to you by multiple people over multiple pages.

Give Daemos a hand! He finally got it!
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2019-11-08 at 03:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. It has been literally argued about how a Netflix series got made from the start. You brought up the rest out of fucking nowhere and people kept reminding you this was about the US and Netflix.

I'd like to point out that you pointed this post earlier thinking it supported your argument.

Congratulations. You actually got the point. It WAS THOSE GAMES that broke it out of Poland. That is what has been told to you by multiple people over multiple pages.

So you are arguing that the only way to leave Poland is though Netflix then? Because last time I checked ANY international series isn’t limited to only Netflix.

If you truly believe that any international Witcher series would ever have been made if not for the games, then you are delusional. Simple as that. Sure, books were translated into other languages, and have fans around the world, but compared to the interest that the games generated...yeah, there's simply no comparison.
    It’s a shame my magnificent straw man has apparently disappeared but not to worry you have those moving goal post to replace it and boy do they zoom!

No. The only way to get a netflix series is to already be popular enough (specifically in the US, but world wide helps) in your own right to warrant one. Witcher books wouldn't have justified it on their own.

Know how we know it was simply a fluke that the witcher games even sold well outside of poland?
    THE FUCKING WRITER SOLD THE RIGHTS FOR NEAR NOTHING BECAUSE HE NEVER EXPECTED IT TO AMOUNT TO ANYTHING.
    He even took advantage of poland's retarded law that allows you to go after people if something ends up being wildly more successful than your original deal reflected.

Even the owner expected it to stay a little nothing, non noteworthy series.
    https://www.vgr.com/cd-projekt-witch...hor-sapkowski/
    Back in 2017, the author told Eurogamer that; “I said, ‘No, there will be no profit at all – give me all my money right now!’ It was stupid. I was stupid enough to leave everything in their hands because I didn’t believe in their success."
    The games enabled it to get more appeal. The games caused it to be popular. The games caused netflix to even entertain the idea of creating a show.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2019-11-08 at 03:56 PM.

So you are arguing that the only way to leave Poland is though Netflix then? Because last time I checked ANY international series isn’t limited to only Netflix.

It’s a shame my magnificent straw man has apparently disappeared but not to worry you have those moving goal post to replace it and boy do they zoom!
    Oh shit! You got me! One person said international! That makes my whole argument invalid because... How, exactly? Because even in that post he was still pointing out that the Netflix series got made because of the popularity of the games.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit! You got me! One person said international! That makes my whole argument invalid because... How, exactly? Because even in that post he was still pointing out that the Netflix series got made because of the popularity of the games.
    It’s almost like you asked me who was saying it would never leave Poland and when I pointed you to them you tried to split hairs on my wording and then shift topic.

To quote you.
    So this is the part where you're kind of admitting you were wrong but being super fucking weaselly about it to save some face.

It’s almost like you asked me who was saying it would never leave Poland and when I pointed you to them you tried to split hairs on my wording and then shift topic.

To quote you.
    So show me the part where he said it would never leave Poland.

Because EVEN IN THE POST YOU JUST QUOTED he is talking about the books being translated into other languages and released around the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    So show me the part where he said it would never leave Poland.

Because EVEN IN THE POST YOU JUST QUOTED he is talking about the books being translated into other languages and released around the world.
    For a series to be international all it would have to do is make it to another country as international is defined by two or more country’s. Meaning for it to not hit that mark it would have to Never leave Poland.

And yes the books are around but it’s almost like we’re talking about adaptations or something.

For a series to be international all it would have to do is make it to another country as international is defined by two or more country’s. Meaning for it to not hit that mark it would have to Never leave Poland.
    Thanks for answering a question no one asked. Now show me the part where he said it would never leave Poland despite the fact that he's specifically talking about the books being released outside Poland and having fans around the world.
    And yes the books are around but it’s almost like we’re talking about adaptations or something.
    Except the "never leave Poland" argument was specifically brought up by you in reference to the games.
    it's not like it stayed a polish only game there is no reason to think it would be impossible to never leave poland.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for answering a question no one asked. Now show me the part where he said it would never leave Poland despite the fact that he's specifically talking about the books being released outside Poland and having fans around the world.

Except the "never leave Poland" argument was specifically brought up by you in reference to the games.
    Let’s try this again. Never getting an international series=never leaving Poland, you can try and split hairs because I didn’t quote them word for word but they mean the same thing.

This might be hard to believe but the games are an adaption and gasp one that went international. The games are an example to show that the Witcher wasn’t some shit series that would never take, all it needed was a few people to invest in it to bring it to a greater scale.

My brother is going to be so excited!

Let’s try this again. Never getting an international series=never leaving Poland, you can try and split hairs because I didn’t quote them word for word but they mean the same thing.
    It's not splitting hairs to point out what people actually said when you're constructing this ridiculous strawman that conflicts with what they said.

You brought up this "never leaving Poland" thing. You can't convince me that it was something other people meant earlier when in the exact same posts you use as evidence they are talking about materials released outside Poland. This isn't a "word for word" thing, this is a direct contradiction. You are literally taking a person who said "it has fans around the world" and claiming he said it was secluded to Poland. It's not splitting hairs to point out how stupid that is.
    This might be hard to believe but the games are an adaption and gasp one that went international. The games are an example to show that the Witcher wasn’t some shit series that would never take, all it needed was a few people to invest in it to bring it to a greater scale.
    Let me quote myself again.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not splitting hairs to point out what people actually said when you're constructing this ridiculous strawman that conflicts with what they said.

You brought up this "never leaving Poland" thing. You can't convince me that it was something other people meant earlier when in the exact same posts you use as evidence they are talking about materials released outside Poland. This isn't a "word for word" thing, this is a direct contradiction. You are literally taking a person who said "it has fans around the world" and claiming he said it was secluded to Poland. It's not splitting hairs to point out how stupid that is.

Let me quote myself again.
    What they said was in response to show/movie already existing and how one similar would never be made internationally without the games even with the merger popularity of the book in other places. For such a thing to happen it would have to never get adapted for any where other then Poland ie Never leave Poland. What you are doing is the definition of splitting hairs simply because I said it would never Leave instead of saying that such an adaption wouldn’t happen internationally. There is no meaningful difference between the two both mean it would stay only ever adapted in Poland.

And yes I get that you don’t understand that quality things tend to get interest and they spread more when people who already enjoy them adapt them into other media.

What they said was in response to show/movie already existing and how one similar would never be made internationally without the games even with the merger popularity of the book in other places. For such a thing to happen it would have to never get adapted for any where other then Poland ie Never leave Poland.What you are doing is the definition of splitting hairs simply because I said it would never Leave instead of saying that such an adaption wouldn’t happen internationally. There is no meaningful difference between the two both mean it would stay only ever adapted in Poland.
    You are right in that instance they are talking about an adaptation... An adaptation not getting made because the books did not make the franchise popular enough whereas the video games did. That is the argument. That is what you get when you read the whole post and don't stop as soon as you have found something that might fit your argument if stripped of context.

Now let me repeat that. Your argument only works if you take the part where they are talking about the adaptation and then ignore everything that came after. You HAVE to remove context to pretend you have a point. You are responding to a sentence, not an argument.
    And yes I get that you don’t understand that quality things tend to get interest and they spread more when people who already enjoy them adapt them into other media.
    I think the fact that you get that from me saying something that directly contradicts this hot take says a lot more about this conversation than reading the last few pages does.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are right in that instance they are talking about an adaptation... An adaptation not getting made because the books did not make the franchise popular enough whereas the video games did. That is the argument. That is what you get when you read the whole post and don't stop as soon as you have found something that might fit your argument if stripped of context.

Now let me repeat that. Your argument only works if you take the part where they are talking about the adaptation and then ignore everything that came after. You HAVE to remove context to pretend you have a point. You are responding to a sentence, not an argument.

I think the fact that you get that from me saying something that directly contradicts this hot take says a lot more about this conversation than reading the last few pages does.
    No context has been left out I Even linked you the post so you would know what I was talking about. Instead of talking about how they said it wouldn’t ever get an adaption without the games you wanted to split hairs because I said it would never leave. You asked me a question and when I linked you the answer you ignored it because YOU stopped at something That fit your argument.

Yes the games made the series popular that was never being contested the whole point was rather the series would get the interest to have international media made of it without the games and the first game is an exact example of people in Poland picking up somethings that was popular in Poland and adapting it internationally.

Hmm this show or the mandolorian....

I just cant decide!

Both look so good and such high budget!!