10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Trump's argument seems to be "I did a good thing once, therefore ignore my crimes". And of course he had to throw in a "but Clinton". Seriously, who on their right mind can possibly support him?
    Trump's vile behavior is a feature, not a bug. He is and always has been intended to be a message from "Middle America" to Other Demographics; 'the worst of us will always be better than the best of you'.

Why do you think pissing off the libs is such a frequently touted positive of the Trump administration, according to right wingers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Trump's argument seems to be "I did a good thing once, therefore ignore my crimes". And of course he had to throw in a "but Clinton". Seriously, who on their right mind can possibly support him?
    It's always going to come down to Clinton for him and his rabid fanbase. The fact that he lost the popular election to her will always haunt him.

I believe we had some voter suppression thread, but oh well.

.Could Texas be any more intentional?

Houston voters elect 19 Black women to judgeships.

GOP then introduces bill to replace judicial elections w/governor-appointed judges.

Kicker: Bill would end elections only in counties w/500,000+ people, targeting urban areas like Houston.
    https://twitter.com/LeslieProll/stat...963867648?s=19

Need to change the rules when democracy gets in the way. I love the little clause of 500k plus. I mean why not just say majority white counties.

https://twitter.com/MoneyInPolitics/...631467522?s=19
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Need to change the rules when democracy gets in the way. I love the little clause of 500k plus. I mean why not just say majority white counties.
    It sure is curious how Republicans seem so consistently terrified of actual democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    TAP WATER AT TRUMP NATIONAL GOLF COURSE CONTAMINATED WITH TOXIC 'FOREVER CHEMICALS'

Ah, with a headline in all caps, you know it's Newsweek.
    I mean, they contaminate essentially everything. This isn't really a trump golf course problem, it's an everyone everywhere problem. The only real relation to trump I see is his appointees to the EPA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    When have they ever cared about Republicans having abortions?
    2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Doesn't he already have someone he slept with paid to have an abortion?
    That was broidy IIRC, an RNC finance deputy chair, supposedly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/s...695501313?s=19

What a douchebag. Daddy Trump if you recall pretty much stated the same about his sacrifices being the same as soldiers sacrificed.
    I believe it was "STDs were my vietnam."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

15+ Year Old Account
    GOP look more and more like Kremlin every week that pass.

How to stomp dissidents
    By Putler

Part of the x-mas book package every GOP official gets annually .
    Along with the bible they "live their lives by"
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It sure is curious how Republicans seem so consistently terrified of actual democracy.
    I wonder if we are gonna hear the excuse "We are republic and not democracy" as if the two concepts are somehow contradictory. Basically they only care about laws/democracy when it benefits them.

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    I wonder if we are gonna hear the excuse "We are republic and not democracy" as if the two concepts are somehow contradictory. Basically they only care about laws/democracy when it benefits them.
    I mean, republic can also be called representative democracy, which is *GASP* a form of democracy!

But they're too stupid to understand that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well would you look at that. The anonymous senior Trump admin official author of a NYT article last year, that lambasted Trump's administration, has now released a book that further tears apart the inner workings of the Trump White House..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5a8_story.html

Senior Trump administration officials considered resigning en masse last year in a “midnight self-massacre” to sound a public alarm about President Trump’s conduct, but rejected the idea because they believed it would further destabilize an already teetering government, according to a new book by an unnamed author.

In “A Warning” by Anonymous, obtained by The Washington Post ahead of its release, a writer described only as “a senior official in the Trump administration” paints a chilling portrait of the president as cruel, inept and a danger to the nation he was elected to lead.

For months, President Trump said it would not be possible to cut through his replacement wall. Then smugglers cut through it. (JM Rieger/The Washington Post)
    The author — who first captured attention in 2018 as the unidentified author of a New York Times opinion column — describes Trump careening from one self-inflicted crisis to the next, “like a twelve-year-old in an air traffic control tower, pushing the buttons of government indiscriminately, indifferent to the planes skidding across the runway and the flights frantically diverting away from the airport.”

The book is an unsparing character study of Trump, from his morality to his intellectual depth, which the author writes is based on his or her observations and experiences. The author claims many other current and former administration officials share his or her views.

The 259-page book — which was published by Twelve, an imprint of Grand Central Publishing/Hachette Book Group, and goes on sale Nov. 19 — does not re-create many specific episodes in vivid detail, which the author writes was intentional to protect his or her identity.

At a moment when a stream of political appointees and career public servants have testified before Congress about Trump’s conduct as part of the House impeachment inquiry, the book’s author defends his or her decision to remain anonymous.

“I have decided to publish this anonymously because this debate is not about me,” the author writes. “It is about us. It is about how we want the presidency to reflect our country, and that is where the discussion should center. Some will call this ‘cowardice.’ My feelings are not hurt by the accusation. Nor am I unprepared to attach my name to criticism of President Trump. I may do so, in due course.”

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham derided the book as a “work of fiction” and its anonymous author as a “coward.”

“The coward who wrote this book didn’t put their name on it because it is nothing but lies,” Grisham wrote in an email. “Real authors reach out to their subjects to get things fact checked — but this person is in hiding, making that very basic part of being a real writer impossible. Reporters who choose to write about this farce should have the journalistic integrity to cover the book as what it is — a work of fiction.”

Earlier this week, the Justice Department warned Hachette and the author’s agents, Matt Latimer and Keith Urbahn of Javelin, that the anonymous official may be violating a nondisclosure agreement. Javelin responded by accusing the administration of seeking to unmask the author.

The author’s Sept. 5, 2018, *op-ed in the Times, headlined “I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration,” depicted some senior officials as a bulwark protecting the country from the president’s reckless impulses. Trump denounced it at the time as treasonous.

In the book, the author repudiates the central thesis of the column: “I was wrong about the ‘quiet resistance’ inside the Trump administration. Unelected bureaucrats and cabinet appointees were never going to steer Donald Trump the right direction in the long run, or refine his malignant management style. He is who he is.”

The author describes senior officials waking up in the morning “in a full-blown panic” over the wild pronouncements the president had made on Twitter.

“It’s like showing up at the nursing home at daybreak to find your elderly uncle running pantsless across the courtyard and cursing loudly about the cafeteria food, as worried attendants tried to catch him,” the author writes. “You’re stunned, amused, and embarrassed all at the same time. Only your uncle probably wouldn’t do it every single day, his words aren’t broadcast to the public, and he doesn’t have to lead the US government once he puts his pants on.”

The book depicts Trump as making misogynistic and racist comments behind the scenes.

“I’ve sat and listened in uncomfortable silence as he talks about a woman’s appearance or performance,” the author writes. “He comments on makeup. He makes jokes about weight. He critiques clothing. He questions the toughness of women in and around his orbit. He uses words like ‘sweetie’ and ‘honey’ to address accomplished professionals. This is precisely the way a boss shouldn’t act in the work environment.”

The author alleges that Trump attempted a Hispanic accent during an Oval Office meeting to complain about migrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border.

“We get these women coming in with like seven children,” Trump said, according to the book. “They are saying, ‘Oh, please help! My husband left me!’ They are useless. They don’t do anything for our country. At least if they came in with a husband we could put him in the fields to pick corn or something.”

The author argues that Trump is incapable of leading the United States through a monumental international crisis, describing how he tunes out intelligence and national security briefings and theorizing that foreign adversaries see him as “a simplistic pushover” who is susceptible to flattery and easily manipulated.

After the 2018 killing of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi by Saudi agents, the author writes, Trump vented to advisers and said he would be foolish to stand up to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

“Do you know how stupid it would be to pick this fight?” Trump said, according to the book. “Oil would go up to one hundred fifty dollars a barrel. Jesus. How [expletive] stupid would I be?”

The book contains a handful of startling assertions that are not backed up with evidence, such as a claim that if a majority of the Cabinet were prepared to remove Trump from office under the 25th Amendment, Vice President Pence would have been supportive.

Pence denied this on Thursday, calling the book “appalling” and telling reporters, “I never heard anything in my time as vice president about the 25th Amendment. And why would I?”

One theme laced throughout the book is Trump’s indifference to the boundaries of the law. The author writes that Trump considered presidential pardons as “unlimited ‘Get Out of Jail Free’ cards on a Monopoly board,” referring to news reports that he had offered pardons to aides.

As he ranted about federal courts ruling against some of his policies, including the 2017 travel ban, the author writes, Trump once asked White House lawyers to draft a bill to send to Congress reducing the number of federal judges.

“Can we just get rid of the judges? Let’s get rid of the [expletive] judges,” the president said, according to the book. “There shouldn’t be any at all, really.”

The author portrays Trump as fearful of coups against him and suspicious of note-takers on his staff. According to the book, the president shouted at an aide who was scribbling in a notebook during a meeting, “What the [expletive] are you doing?” He added, “Are you [expletive] taking notes?” The aide apologized and closed the notebook.

The author also ruminates about Trump’s fitness for office, describing him as reckless and without full control of his faculties.

“I am not qualified to diagnose the president’s mental acuity,” the author writes. “All I can tell you is that normal people who spend any time with Donald Trump are uncomfortable by what they witness. He stumbles, slurs, gets confused, is easily irritated, and has trouble synthesizing information, not occasionally but with regularity. Those who would claim otherwise are lying to themselves or to the country.”
    So let's see, racist, misogynistic, easily manipulated by our foreign adversaries, thinks he's above the law, wants to throw out the supreme court cause things don't go his way...

While we have no actual proof that this is real, none of this is anything NEW. It's something that all of us could very easily see Trump saying, doing, and being.

The thing is though, that even though Trump and Trump's lackeys have called this fake news and fictional, they are now more paranoid than every. With the whistleblower and others corroborating the whistleblower's story, along with this author publishing a book of (supposedly) true happenings within the white house, Trump is getting more and more paranoid by the day.

What kind of leader forbids people to take notes on meetings? What kind of leader is paranoid of his own staff hearing what he has to say? What kind of leader is trying to hunt down people who publish the inner workings of his administration?

We all know the answer. Trump is the stupidest dictator in history.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2019-11-10 at 12:39 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, with Erdogan scheduled to visit the US again in the near future, let us take a moment to reflect on that time a bunch of Turkish security offers assaulted a number of peaceful protesters in US soil the last time he was here - including Secret service members and police - and swiftly left the country before they could be charged.

Oh and how Trump apologized to him for the inconvenience. What a disgraceful, bloated goblin of a man.

Seems democrats really have it unlucky because of how uninformed indepedent voters are.

george bush 2000-2004
    massive de-regulation, tax cuts,

short term economic boom, wins re election.

corporate greed illegal behavior unchecked, causes recession
    obama takes over,

Trillion dollar stimulus,
    auto bailout,
    dodd frank financial reform.
    consumer financial protection bureau
    energy independence.
    ( to list a few accomplishments)
    - Trump wins election, claims credit for "great economy" he inherited, gets clap from uninformed workers who have job at auto plant obama bailed out..

fast forward to now, after

Massive de -regulation, trade wars, and tax cuts...
    indicators of a recession, and if trump loses in 2020, again what will fox news and uninformed independents blame?? the democrat.

we cant win with how stupid our populace is
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2019-11-10 at 01:59 PM.

He was one of the first prisoners released under Trump's criminal justice reform law. Now he's accused of murder.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/09/us/fi...der/index.html

Now if this happened to any other the Trumpkins and right wing media would be flipping their lid.

Is this not where we should use one case to totally destroy and attack something (Trump's Prison Reform) that is good overall?

Remember Trump bragged that he and only him passed prison reform anyone had a hand in.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I wasn't aware that this was a trial rather than an investigation....
    These are also the rules the Republicans established, so...

WH is going to announce a ban on flavored vaping products.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news...c-rss_20191111

Personally I find vaping gross and inconsiderate but they're going after the wrong stuff... the CDC found that it was vitamin E acetate that was causing the vaping illness.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I wasn't aware that this was a trial rather than an investigation....
    No one ever said Trump had knowledge of this process....or was smart in general. His zealots are also the same way, I can't count how many have said "they have to prove this to a jury" or some other stupid shit like that.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    WH is going to announce a ban on flavored vaping products.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news...c-rss_20191111

Personally I find vaping gross and inconsiderate but they're going after the wrong stuff... the CDC found that it was vitamin E acetate that was causing the vaping illness.
    Flavored vapes are targeted at kids.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nikki Haley's book is out, and in it she tells us that Tillerson and Kelly tried to recruit her to "subvert" the Resident, in order to "save the country".

Really interesting.... It basically confirms that there were many people in Trump's administration that were concerned that Trump was horrific for the country. Smart people Trump appointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Flavored vapes are targeted at kids.
    Bullshit. Adults like flavours too. I suppose you think daiquiris are targeted at kids?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    the CDC found that it was vitamin E acetate that was causing the vaping illness.
    Not entirely accurate; they're pretty sure that vitamin E acetate is causing problems in people's lungs, but they're not 100% certain. And they also warned that this doesn't rule out other causes.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

If Iran is able to turn over to the U.S. kidnapped former FBI Agent Robert A. Levinson, who has been missing in Iran for 12 years, it would be a very positive step. At the same time, upon information & belief, Iran is, & has been, enriching uranium. THAT WOULD BE A VERY BAD STEP!
    Trump is on that shit again. Incoherent rambling and nonsense.

Once more trying to tweet foreign policy over Twitter. Any other leader in business or organization would be laughed at ranting on social media.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2019-11-11 at 03:29 AM.