Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I love Mists, I was so excited to hear I can level all of my characters through it now. I've been playing since BC, it's the most fun I've ever had in the game but that's entirely subjective. I remember so many people losing their shit over Pandas being introduced and saying it would kill WoW, now it's looked upon as one of the best expansions.
    To be fair, literally fucking anything to this community will "kill WoW."

lolpanda crowd was the reason it was "hated" tons of people who never bought the game, but vocally wouldnt shut up to how awful it is because pandas don't belong in WoW.

Well blizzard said if you really think thats bad? HOLD MY BEER! and blizzard made WoD, no pandas just orcs, no content, no class design all specs are garbage except lulmage and lulhunter 0 skill required to play, xpac cut short because it couldn't be saved.

Sounds accurate to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    This definitely a retrospective bandwagon. People on here and even Reddit etc. trash talked MoP so much up until the end of WoD onwards.

It became a contrarian meme on reddit every time expansion rankings were brought up.
    'AcKsHuAlLy, MoP wAs A gOoD eXpAnSiOn' then go on about how the only bad thing was the SoO content drought.

People hated dailies
    People trash talked pet battles
    People complained about having too many abilities or useless abilities that weren't worth having in the spellbook
    People hated pandas
    People hated monks because they're tied to pandas
    People hated MoP dungeons
    People hated the launch raids (MSV etc).
    If people were playing WoD talking shit how bad MoP is these people should be removed from your life, sure there's a opinions but just because a paedophile talks to other paedophiles and they agree on something doesn't make it ok!

There is no question that MoP requires the most effort because of the Chinese art.
    After MoP, Blizzard becomes lazy.

Cata revamped zones, but people are not interested in. A complete waste.
    I like WotLK. Blizzard puts lots of effort into it.

Classic and BC have outdated graphic.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Wrath set an impossible bar wow has never managed to beat.

Cataclysm threw the bar down to a low because of the nostalgia TBC raiders had for 1% elitism then quickly backtracked and went -far- too much towards casuality to the point of it being laughable.

MoP was the perfect middle ground, like WOTLK it managed to have something for every player, and thats why it worked, alot of blizzards designs from Cata were pushed back to focus on a more WOTLK style casual approach but with hardcore in the mix, adding argueably the hardest raid ever made (heroic ToT) to the mix which at the time was universally praised, MoP was an amazing filler.

WoD took everything MoP gave us, once again focused on TBC nostalgia and tried too hard to literally bring TBC back with raiding being the *only* content worth doing since even PvP was meh.

Legion tried to be as good as WOTLK and MoP but only excelled in its storytelling while being mediogre in nearly everything else.

And BFA again had good story narrative, but tried too hard to rekindle the faction war, something that died years ago back in MoP by rekindling a dead idea.

Shadowlands to me feels like it will be a meh expansion, neither good or bad but universally considered "meh" like it will do decently to launch but quickly be like WoD/BFA but with a bit more to do.
    I agree with almost everything you said there, except that I don't think Legion was mediocre at all. It had good story, good content, and the pacing was so good that the time gating wasn't even noticeable most of the time. It was the first expansion since WOTLK that had me playing along its entire cycle. From the first leveling days until the last desperate attempts at the mage tower, it was a total blast, for me at least. It remains as one of the best experiences I had in these 15 years of WoW.

As for BfA, it seems that they took everything that went right with Legion and threw it on the trash. Personally, I hate how they went all in for forcing PVP down the throats of people who clearly dislike PVP as if it were the holy essence on which the game depends on. A real shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Ethereals are actually animated toilet paper.

I pretty much agree with the list.

Now if I had to choose between MoP and WotLK? WotLK without question.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    If people were playing WoD talking shit how bad MoP is these people should be removed from your life, sure there's a opinions but just because a paedophile talks to other paedophiles and they agree on something doesn't make it ok!
    Man, imagine equating somebody enjoying a fucking video game with paedophilia. What the actual fuck, dude.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    Thoughts?

I love Pandas

Ranked the #1 Poll on Google when you search WoW Best Expansion Poll.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Expansion-Poll
    MoP should be no.1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    Not surprising, it was very popular while it was current content. It had its problems but a lot of people back then called it the best expansion. Those results are not surprising.
    ikr this thread is pointless
    yeast

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say I enjoyed Legion more than MoP (way more story pieces moving around, more varied stories, dungeons were better, dailies were way less repetitive, raids were pretty good,) though my favorite expansion (having played through all of them) was absolutely WotLK.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Thoughts?

I love Pandas

Ranked the #1 Poll on Google when you search WoW Best Expansion Poll.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Expansion-Poll
    i 100% agree with those poll results. think i might put legion over MOP but that mostly because i missed a bit of mop as i was still pissed at wow for cataclysm so wasn't playing at the start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lolpanda crowd was the reason it was "hated" tons of people who never bought the game, but vocally wouldnt shut up to how awful it is because pandas don't belong in WoW.

Well blizzard said if you really think thats bad? HOLD MY BEER! and blizzard made WoD, no pandas just orcs, no content, no class design all specs are garbage except lulmage and lulhunter 0 skill required to play, xpac cut short because it couldn't be saved.
    WOD was the 180 on what MOP was. literally handed the community everything they had been bitching about and the expac totally sank. its a testament to the dangers of consumer feedback. and in a way BFA is bad because of design decision made back in WOD, legion put a ton of band aids on what was basically wod and BFA ripped most of them off. go figure WOD and BFA are the least popular expacs after vanilla :/

I think its funny but unsurprising that WoTLK is ranked the #1 XPAC in the polls considering how many people look back on it so fondly on these forums. Ironically I distinctly remember browsing these forums quite a lot back in the day and during WoTLK everyone QQ'd about it constantly and said it was terrible.

I can agree with this list

Thoughts?
    MoP specs were the best they have ever been at any point in wow, opinion? probably but tell me what spec was better at another point in time than it was in MoP. Also MoP had my ideal system towards the end: You get gear, you get valor points, you can upgrade your gear with valor 2/2 or 4/4 maybe it warforges, that's fine but Titanforging? No thanks.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    If that's the biggest problem, it had basically no problems at all.
    Yeah thats kind of wods problem for not shipping sooner. Personally i cant stand the leveling content of mop nor any of the dungeons and wasnt interested in giving it a shot. Throne of thunder and the civil war though looked like good content, but i hated what mop launched with other than the new talent system.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    literally handed the community everything they had been bitching about and the expac totally sank. its a testament to the dangers of consumer feedback.
    >Oh Drusin make me a sandwich, Drusin please make me a sandwich, Drusin will you make me a sandwich, come on Drusin make me a sandwich, Drusin why can't you just make me a sandwich?

>>*Shits on bread, hands it to you*

>Drusin what the fuck is this?

>>it's WhaT yOU'VE beEN ASKiNg FoR, you said yoU waNteD A SAnDwICH
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by dojichan View Post
    Poll doesnt include BFA. Cant be accurate
    It's obviously old also for some reason people who make the polls are still stupid and include vanilla. BFA is trash anyways it's easily the worst expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    From what i've heard MoP was loved because it actually had good class gameplay unlike most expansions and that's what really matters.
    I had a blast in MoP even in lfr. I did it weekly on a few toons and had fun. I think it's mostly fun class design, but also the fact that MoP lfr was actually as challenging as normal is today. People wiped a lot and it was fun to me.

I think people got stuck on general nazgrim lfr more than anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    My personal list goes WOTLK > Legion > MOP > BC > Cata >>>>>>>>>>>>>> WOD. I quit at the end of Legion, didn't play BFA so can't judge it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    To be clear, someone on a forum starts up a "best expansion" poll about every two weeks. Different polls, different results depending on when and random things.

You likely got that result because you've been posting here lately. There are literally DOZENS of "What's your favorite expansion" polls and threads buried in the back pages of threads.

That bit of business aside: I liked Mists a lot.
    I don't know, most of the ones I see, end up with
    WotLK #1
    MoP #2
    and ether BC or Legion as #3

can't remember the last time I noticed one that said otherwise.