Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I preferred enh in the BC -> WoD era a lot more than the legion redesign. I don't hate it per say but it is so much dependant on maelstrom... I hope they make us a lot closer to that in 9.0.

One spec that broke my heart is marks. I might get flamed by some who played it more than I did, but I loved marks in legion a whole lot and then BFA came and... I just couldn't find any joy in it.

Many specs that I played around with are not bad per say, but they do feel like their lost part of themselves in BFA.

I really can't wait for 9.0... Hopefully the changes are bigger and better than what they said about it... AKA that there would be no big redesign in 9.0 but mostly adding things back. In the case of enh for example, I could see them making the spec closer to what I loved by simply adding things back such as lightning bolt + chain lightning as finishers (although I'd rather have a new finisher that would work the same but look prettier... maybe crash lightning?). Replace flametongue and frostbrand atacks with frost and flame shock... remove rockbiter, remove maelstrom cost on stormstrike and lava lash, keep strombringer, make lava lash a bigger maelstrom generator but to the point of spammage that RB is (or simply don't and give it some new and nice mechanic instead), etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    It completely depends on the spec. Imo overall and on average class design goes Cata = MoP > Legion > BoD > WoD >>> Wrath > BC > Vanilla. With Cata and MoP representing the best design with the old and new talent system. So BoD is passable, but unsatisfying.
    What? No. Basing on 34 and then 36 specs class design is more like (There is no BoD expansion)

Wod ~ BfA > Legion > MoP

Didn't play before but MoP class DESIGN is nowhere near as good as any recent expansion simply because every class had everything. Also healer design was absolute garbage with Disci priest being OP, Plus tanks being best DPSes.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    What? No. Basing on 34 and then 36 specs class design is more like (There is no BoD expansion)

Wod ~ BfA > Legion > MoP

Didn't play before but MoP class DESIGN is nowhere near as good as any recent expansion simply because every class had everything. Also healer design was absolute garbage with Disci priest being OP, Plus tanks being best DPSes.
    It's funny because if you went by common forum logic, Cata would wind up being the best given what people want from their DPS class.

Talent trees? Got 'em
    Unique talents that benefited certain players? DS says hi
    Each class has a unique flavor? Ye
    Most classes have talents to handle both AE and ST? Mhm

The issue, of course, being that this created a very rigid hierachy of "good" to "bad" DPS. (And you had to pay a Warlock to give you DS if you weren't a Resto Druid.) Well, that and it was fucking Cata and the circlejerk loves to hate Cata for simply existing.

This was absolutely the worst iteration of hunter ever, especially sidewinders, good lord, let this never come back again. BfA isn't worst one, Legion was.

Also, GCD changes are very good. Having ton of macros was retarded because everything was off GCD so people were just putting some spells together and done, forgot about existence of these spells.
    Idk man the GCD changes are universally hated by everyone ive ever talked to about it excluding you. Not sure what you make of that but the biggest thing WoW has going for it over FF15 is the speed of the game. Though Square shot themselves in the leg with the length of there GCD, I sure miss racing my fingers across the keyboard for SUPER POWAHHH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Biochem92 View Post
    Idk man the GCD changes are universally hated by everyone ive ever talked to about it excluding you. Not sure what you make of that but the biggest thing WoW has going for it over FF15 is the speed of the game. Though Square shot themselves in the leg with the length of there GCD, I sure miss racing my fingers across the keyboard for SUPER POWAHHH!!!!
    There is no such thing as universally here, at most, its super small vocal minority.

You didn't race your fingers anywhere, you just macroed everything together. Like we do it with dps racials now.
    You still want to align your CDs every time so making racial + cooldown + trinket was common. To the point it basically didn't exist.
    Some people were also macroing that to the most common spell as it didn't require any planning, just use on cooldown.

There is no such thing as universally here, at most, its super small vocal minority.

You didn't race your fingers anywhere, you just macroed everything together. Like we do it with dps racials now.
    You still want to align your CDs every time so making racial + cooldown + trinket was common. To the point it basically didn't exist.
    Some people were also macroing that to the most common spell as it didn't require any planning, just use on cooldown.
    Ohh i had a Super macro, (Berserking, tranq, + Trinket and then had to use Flourish on a another GCD) this was keybound to shift 1 and then 2 respectively. So thats what im getting at for "racing". Also there are alot more people ppl that play WoW than those on Mmo-champ. Every streamer Ive watched agrees with this, every player ive talked to in my guild has agreed with this, and im sure plenty of people in this thread agree. Im sorry if you dont really, it gives higher HPS, DPS, and TPS just by allowing less time in the denominator by reducing buttons or GCD's spent where ur not dealing HPS, DPS, and TPS.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's funny because if you went by common forum logic, Cata would wind up being the best given what people want from their DPS class.

Talent trees? Got 'em

The issue, of course, being that this created a very rigid hierachy of "good" to "bad" DPS. (And you had to pay a Warlock to give you DS if you weren't a Resto Druid.) Well, that and it was fucking Cata and the circlejerk loves to hate Cata for simply existing.
    I didn't play in Cata but I never considered common forum logic to be actually "logical". It's mostly nostalgia, seeing things in rose tinted glasses because it was their first time in WoW so everything was new and exciting. Also lack of basic math skills. Inability to see things from different perspective - because its fun when their class is broken so they can own on arenas etc.

I don't really defend blizzard but seeing some dumb arguments based on couple of classes makes me encourage blizzard to never listen to vocal minority.
    And I? Well I don't have delusions and I have really good memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    spriest is fun

Quote Originally Posted by Biochem92 View Post
    Ohh i had a Super macro, (Berserking, tranq, + Trinket and then had to use Flourish on a another GCD) this was keybound to shift 1 and then 2 respectively. So thats what im getting at for "racing". Also there are alot more people ppl that play WoW than those on Mmo-champ. Every streamer Ive watched agrees with this, every player ive talked to in my guild has agreed with this, and im sure plenty of people in this thread agree. Im sorry if you dont really, it gives higher HPS, DPS, and TPS just by allowing less time in the denominator by reducing buttons or GCD's spent where ur not dealing HPS, DPS, and TPS.
    That is still less than 0.1% players which means absolutely nothing.

Point is, you never had planing with your super macros since you didn't even need to think Which ability should I use first? Since you used them both at the same time while clicking macro.

The only thing that was somewhat skillful back then was dot snapshotting.

You may think that super combos were cool, there weren't. In some cases it literally mean't you have one less button to worry about, just like it didn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhhh...

Not really.

I play shaman. Specifically, Enhancement.

Blizzard said they didn't have the time to do a proper rework of the spec (which Enh sorely needed), and would do it for the first content patch. Patch came, and Blizzard said they don't do class/spec reworks in the middle of the expansion. Only at the launches of new expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

That is still less than 0.1% players which means absolutely nothing.

Point is, you never had planing with your super macros since you didn't even need to think Which ability should I use first? Since you used them both at the same time while clicking macro.

The only thing that was somewhat skillful back then was dot snapshotting.

You may think that super combos were cool, there weren't. In some cases it literally mean't you have one less button to worry about, just like it didn't exist.
    Maybe start a poll here, honestly I think ur relatively alone on that island and if we were at a bar Id put money on it. Im too new to know how to do any of that nor do I care that much, because of how staunch I believe this but perhaps enough ppl will care to wager. My guess is that you only did low end content like 1450 arena and got sick of getting nuked cause seriously everyone did it. Also claiming anything in this game is brain power inducing is mind boggling, Literally a single question from my college calculus classes is exponentially more difficult than Dot Snapshotting or really anything in this game. This coming from a Resto druid that always wants the longest duration on my rejuv (advanced Dot snapshotting) and of course back in Cata when I did total CtC on my prot paladin using fixed values in the game plugged into a formula.

Outlaw and Assassination Rogue feel okay. I wish I had more buttons to push, personally. Outlaw is so close to being perfect.

Frost DK feels terrible.
    I dont really enjoy Balance druid, feels like they never really figured out what they wanted to do ever since they introduced astral power.
    Fury Warrior is fun, but I again wish I had more buttons.
    Marksmanship Hunter feels strong, but I dont enjoy it.
    Frost Mage is pretty cool. No complaints there, really.

Demon Hunter.... I liked it a lot in Legion. I really miss Fury of the Illidari and the numerous artifact traits that added extra effects to abilities. It's still fun, but it feels neutered (like most classes, hopefully after shadowlands we get the "we're removing rental abilities" apology)

Not gonna try to explain this from an objective POV, instead i will say this - i enjoy a FEW specs, over nearly all in the game currently. Specs i previously enjoyed, i hate, specs i previously hated, i enjoy. Im ok with this part, however, for whatever reason the ratio is WAY out - the majority of specs i dont enjoy, and the ones i do are the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    You can play any spec and be viable in both PVP and PVE. The game has been as "balanced" as it's ever been from Legion onward.

Also this thread is a perfect example of why the community should be ignored when considering the future of WoW. Most of you can't talk about anything outside of your own "feelings."

How about some data? Some solid recommendations?

Well, the topic is asking if you "like" classes in BfA - this is absolutely going to be "Feeling" related. No one cares if the class performs well statistically if its rotation is terrible to play.

Wod ~ BfA > Legion > MoP

1. Lol BoD oops. BfA* apparently I talked about BoD enough through texts with a friend that it ended up on my phone's auto correct.

2. MoP was more homogenized but also had a very very high skill cap for nearly every class for PvE. You could improve your performance just by playing better; good dps and tanks were like two to three times as good as bad ones in the same gear. A high skill cap is 99% of what I consider good class design. Cata was the same way, but not for as many specs, and fewer specs were truly viable.

3. WoD was when they started saying they wanted to lower the skill cap to perform optimally in PvE, so it reveals the sort of player you are--Either a PvPer or a non-minmaxer. I am only casual at pvp and enjoy minmaxing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Ehhhh...

Not really.

I play shaman. Specifically, Enhancement.

Blizzard said they didn't have the time to do a proper rework of the spec (which Enh sorely needed), and would do it for the first content patch. Patch came, and Blizzard said they don't do class/spec reworks in the middle of the expansion. Only at the launches of new expansions.
    As someone who mained enh whenever i played till resubbing in bfa(and went pally since human rep bonuses)

We almost always get the short end of the stick..enh has has sone periods where we've been alot of fun and good to play but more often then not..yeeah we get screwed over..still pissed about losing spirit wolf healing and overall survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

Talent trees? Got 'em

I'm not a pvper so IDK if that is where you are coming from, but Cata *is* the peak of the 1.0 talent class design. The skill cap was high for most of the meta specs, you had a lot of utility abilities which really are a core part of early WoW class design, you had stuff you could do to maximize dps in quirky ways like throwing weapons and prepot gear sets, the raid boss design was absolutely phenomenal and set the standard that we enjoy today and dungeons were the same way and classes had the tools to make them fun. I prefer the modern talent system, but comparing Cata to Wrath/BC/Vanilla there is a clear, obvious winner as far as class design goes... none of that awful, "we didn't test this" design where you just spam a single spell, no excessive rotation deadtime, deeper and more complex rotations that made you think on your feet, but still the charm and character of the "old days." Also it does stand to be said that while there was certainly good and bad DPS, every spec technically was viable and could meet the DPS contribution requirements at the intended ilevels for fights, which cannot be said quite as truthfully about Wrath/BC/Vanilla.
    Last edited by Firefall; 2019-11-15 at 07:22 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Keep your voice down. WW is overdue for another wholesale change to how their mastery works at this point.
    Why? Their Mastery is one of the Few that is simple to pick up, works well within a rotation, but leaves room for People to have some decision making with their abilities whilst at lower Haste/energy regen levels, unless they are using tellmewhen.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    I play 10 chars and like most of their specs. class design and balance is better than it's ever been
    It scares me that your post does not have a /s tag. Are there really people that think like this (besides the addicts that will play the game no matter what state it's in)?

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    It scares me that your post does not have a /s tag. Are there really people that think like this (besides the addicts that will play the game no matter what state it's in)?
    Weird thing about opinions, huh.