Poll: Should Thunderfury go to the MT or Rogue?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    this^ ... enabling your guild to be able to kill 4 horsemen is actually a pretty good proposition
    4 horsemen is all about just landing taunts, soaking meteors, and spreading out for white's bounces. As long as enough people can soak meteors, the fight turns into more of an endurance challenge. Don't fuck up for long enough and it falls over.

4pc Warrior bonus in 2-4 prot warriors & 6-4 fury warriors with spellhit trinket and pray you don't get fucked by 1% spell misses.

Don't really need Tfury for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hunters for Mongoose Bite.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Paladins.. clearly its really good for Paladins..

/s
    Yup, it's good for prot paladins.
    Assuming you're not in a new/casual guild, everyone who has it as their BiS should be able to roll on it.
    Last edited by Caperfin; 2019-11-18 at 09:22 AM.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    I miss the legendary items, completed via long quests.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Let me see your guild's logs then. We can compare who's in the bad raid. Or maybe you're alliance with salvation which helps make things easy peezy.

But yeah you act like this is a new thing. Do you not see why everyone stresses threat generation for warrior tanks? Why Fury Prot is a thing? It's because of threat. Not for funsies. Then again you likely just have DPS doing 300 DPS and thinking that's great.
    Look at my profile, does it really seem I would not factor something as simple as Salv...

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Thunderfury on a Rogue buffs your Rogue.
    Thunderfury on your MT buffs every DPS member in the raid.
    TF on a Rogue buffs that Rogue in PvP only. The proc deals -EXTRA THREAT- meaning they'd actually do lower DPS overall since the tank will have even bigger problems keeping up.

TF on a Rogue is 100% a PvP choice, anyone that gives a Rogue TF for PvE is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    TF goes to the most trusted member in the guild to those that would logically use it. Generally that would be the main tank but sometimes not.
    this right here.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    Assuming you're not in a new/casual guild, everyone who has it as their BiS should be able to roll on it.
    Well assuming you're in a guild that wants to perform and want everyone to have fun rather than just one person, it should always go to a Warrior tank first, second, third, and maybe fourth before anything else is considered. Letting Prot Paladins have a chance next to Rogues is fine though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The first 8 should go to Warriors, because you need 8 tanks with Thunderfury if you expect to get past Four Horsemen in Naxx.
    Wat.

We did it with 6 tanks back in the day. The only thing we really "needed" was 4 pieces of Tier3 to combat the RNG of taunts missing, and maybe the caster trinket from Gahzranka in ZG for the extra +spell hit.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

If you lace a "if your good enough into it" then it makes your point extremely powerful. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Well assuming you're in a guild that wants to perform and want everyone to have fun rather than just one person, it should always go to a Warrior tank first, second, third, and maybe fourth before anything else is considered. Letting Prot Paladins have a chance next to Rogues is fine though.
    I guess we have a different definition of fun. Seeing someone's dps numbers slightly go up seems not very exhilarating compared to the unifying coordination and challenges to achieve something unique and fresh, ex: rogue tank. To each his own I guess, I'd imagine you'd would want to spice things up a bit and not further trivialise the game.

I do see tfury going to warrior tanks who are in top1% guilds aiming for world firsts or perhaps progressions but any other person who has Tfury as their BiS should have the ability to roll on it.
    Last edited by Caperfin; 2019-11-18 at 02:25 PM.

Depends on the raid leader's relationship with the rogue.

The weapon doesn't make nor break the tank's nor the rogue's performance, neither of them NEED it. Hell the rogue needs it more than the tank because dps matters, whereas the tank won't lose threat just because he doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Just give it to the hunter, problem solved.
    ^^^ this guy knows wtf is going on.

I guess we have a different definition of fun. Seeing someone's dps numbers slightly go up seems not very exhilarating compared to the unifying coordination and challenges to achieve something unique and fresh, ex: rogue tank. To each his own I guess, I'd imagine you'd would want to spice things up a bit and not further trivialise the game.

I do see tfury going to warrior tanks who are in top1% guilds aiming for world firsts or perhaps progressions but any other person who has Tfury as their BiS should have the ability to roll on it.
    Giving TF to a non-tank such as Rogue or Paladin is only fun for them (even if they tank, they're non-tanks), not the raid. Doing shit that's harder and slower without higher reward is one thing, but giving the few rewards you get to people who won't benefit the entire raid is just selfish and nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Depends on the raid leader's relationship with the rogue.

The weapon doesn't make nor break the tank's nor the rogue's performance, neither of them NEED it. Hell the rogue needs it more than the tank because dps matters, whereas the tank won't lose threat just because he doesn't have it.
    Wrong. Rogue will do less DPS with it because if the Rogue doesn't suck, he'll be right behind the tank on threat even without it, and TFs proc deals additional threat.

Tank having more threat means the good DPS can go all out, meaning higher DPS for the entire raid. Simple math.

This thread and the high amount of streamer population in the classic community is pure comedy gold. While a few argue with min-max (hate word for retail ) a big part of the community is celebrating the rare loot exploitation by streamers and its not even for personal gains, its just for cheap content.

At least the meme out of this is funny.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at my profile, does it really seem I would not factor something as simple as Salv...
    Yeah you’re right. shaman raid tank lol. I’d love to see your guilds Warcraft logs bud if threat isn’t an issue at all. I’m guessing your tank must be pushing sky high DPS as fury prot if he isn’t losing aggro to warriors so I’d love to see those logs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Giving TF to a non-tank such as Rogue or Paladin is only fun for them (even if they tank, they're non-tanks), not the raid. Doing shit that's harder and slower without higher reward is one thing, but giving the few rewards you get to people who won't benefit the entire raid is just selfish and nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. Rogue will do less DPS with it because if the Rogue doesn't suck, he'll be right behind the tank on threat even without it, and TFs proc deals additional threat.

Tank having more threat means the good DPS can go all out, meaning higher DPS for the entire raid. Simple math.
    I’m so glad you’re here saying this. I feel like I’m in the twilight zone reading some of these posts. Like rogue tank? What the fuck is this shit?