Thread: [TV] Batwoman

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    "HE/SHE is the one that's blind and with a script that they follow in his/her thought process, NOT ME even though I literally spew the meme script brought forth by a certain camp from 2018 every comment I make!!!"...

No wonder the world is going more and more to shit in the West.

Whatever.
    Yet you answer again so you are what you accuse me of .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I didn't throw any mud in that post. What does "reeee" mean?

Batwoman might be crap but its not a flop. If it gets cancelled in the next couple weeks, I'll update my post to flop status.
    Flop means being bad which it is

I didn't throw any mud in that post. What does "reeee" mean?

Batwoman might be crap but its not a flop. If it gets cancelled in the next couple weeks, I'll update my post to flop status.
    "REEEEE" = Internet slang for "Autistic screeching" (but most of the time it's coming from normies anyways).

Don't bother with that dude, it's clear to see which script he's subscribing to, which makes reasoning and facts lost upon him. The ignore function beckons.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    Flop means being bad which it is
    No flop implies financial failure. Its finances are mostly unknown except that it hasn't been cancelled yet. You still haven't explained what "reeee" means.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    "REEEEE" = Internet slang for "Autistic screeching" (but most of the time it's coming from normies anyways).

Don't bother with that dude, it's clear to see which script he's subscribing to, which makes reasoning and facts lost upon him. The ignore function beckons.
    I wrote entire paragraphs why the way they handle female leads earlier but you ignore it for the sake of argueing for no reason which is what's wrong. yet you do the thing you accuse me of which makes you a sad hypocrite

- - - Updated - - -

No flop implies financial failure. Its finances are mostly unknown except that it hasn't been cancelled yet. You still haven't explained what "reeee" means.
    Flop means being badly reviewed by people
    Last edited by niztheundead87; 2019-11-20 at 02:49 AM.

Flop means being badly reviewed by people
    That's an opinion held by you and you alone. Waiting for the "reeee" explanation. You seem to have this exotic take on things that no one else has.

That's an opinion held by you and you alone. Waiting for the "reeee" explanation. You seem to have this exotic take on things that no one else has.
    And this your opinion alone

Flop=batmam, Ghostbusters ,Charlie's angels
    See the pattern there

And this your opinion alone

Flop=batmam, Ghostbusters ,Charlie's angels
    See the pattern there
    Batwoman hasn't been cancelled. Ghostbusters appears to have made a $230million take against 150m budget. So might not be a flop actually. Charlie's Angels tanked but its budget was modest so not really a big loss.

I don't see a pattern. Still waiting for the "reeee" explanation.

Batwoman hasn't been cancelled. Ghostbusters appears to have made a $230million take against 150m budget. So might not be a flop actually. Charlie's Angels tanked but its budget was modest so not really a big loss.

I don't see a pattern. Still waiting for the "reeee" explanation.
    There is no point even argueing with the sjw brigade since they are on reeer mode.

Go read my previous posts to see how wrong you are before you come to rage on .

Batmam is a pile of shit that needs to be deleted from memory .the hubris of this sjw abomination is idiotic the least. But the worst part is the group of people that feel the need to defend it to virtue signal how better they are when they are wrong.

Want a good female lead, go watch the alien films , resident evil , kill Bill ,wonder woman ,heck even Mulan a kids film does it better. Ghost in n the shell the original Charlie's angels. The charmed series I can go on and on for days with this list.

But no you brick wall keep reee

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Wait, are we allowed to say that Batwoman is a crap show with an obnoxious protagonist, or that's a "conspiracy theory" as well?

And if we are, why aren't we allowed to discuss why we think this obnoxiousness exists?

Just asking for a clear answer here, because unlike others I've seen this intervention seems more ideological than based off moderation.

You can talk about this show being obnoxious. You can even talk about why you think it's obnoxious - that its main character is flat, or being a check mark on a diversity list, or a ham-fisted attempt to appeal to women or people who want strong women characters. You can talk about the specific examples in this show that make you feel like that, though I feel like most of you discussing it aren't even watching the show.

Where it goes off-topic and over the line is when you start talking about an SJW agenda to shove this into media in general, and how it always turns into bad television. That is discussing social agendas. Please note: that is not off-topic for, say, GenOT, but it is off-topic for this subforum.

Want a good female lead, go watch the alien films , resident evil , kill Bill ,wonder woman ,heck even Mulan a kids film does it better. Ghost in n the shell the original Charlie's angels. The charmed series I can go on and on for days with this list.
    I see that you got banned but I'll just leave this thought for others.

Why are female characters only considered "strong" when men feel pleasure?

Batwoman is strictly speaking a pretty strong character.... when written by Greg Rucka. Who is responsible for creating the modern interpretation of the character. Others might have written it well since he left the various titles. I haven't kept up. The show isn't doing her any favours however. Its a strong creation held down by some inept writing and direction.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

You can talk about this show being obnoxious. You can even talk about why you think it's obnoxious - that its main character is flat, or being a check mark on a diversity list, or a ham-fisted attempt to appeal to women or people who want strong women characters. You can talk about the specific examples in this show that make you feel like that, though I feel like most of you discussing it aren't even watching the show.

Where it goes off-topic and over the line is when you start talking about an SJW agenda to shove this into media in general, and how it always turns into bad television. That is discussing social agendas. Please note: that is not off-topic for, say, GenOT, but it is off-topic for this subforum.
    Ah, sounds fair.
    I disagree with calling those notions conspiracy theories but I see how they're off topic to the thread theme.
    Thanks for your answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

Ah, sounds fair.
    I disagree with calling those notions conspiracy theories but I see how they're off topic to the thread theme.
    Thanks for your answer.
    There's only one conspiracy theory: Rich people want more money. Everything else is just looking for patterns in chaos.

There's only one conspiracy theory: Rich people want more money. Everything else is just looking for patterns in chaos.
    Everyone wants more money. It's just normal.
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

Everyone wants more money. It's just normal.
    Exactly. Rich people are just more aggressive about it.

Batwoman's just a sub-par tv show. There's no conspiracies. There's no agenda.

Exactly. Rich people are just more aggressive about it.

Batwoman's just a sub-par tv show. There's no conspiracies. There's no agenda.
    That aggressiveness is what made them become rich in the first place.

And if you believe Batwoman doesn't have an agenda you didn't watch the show...
    I don't know how you can pretend that after cringe like "it will be perfect... when it fits a woman!".

The agenda is clear to anyone who's not invested in denying it at all costs.

I don't know how you can pretend that after cringe like "it will be perfect... when it fits a woman!".

The problem with that thinking is that it's a tiny part of the show. I watched a couple episodes before I couldn't take it any more, and that particular moment isn't the thesis statement, it's just a line.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    The problem with that thinking is that it's a tiny part of the show. I watched a couple episodes before I couldn't take it any more, and that particular moment isn't the thesis statement, it's just a line.
    You know how they say, grains of sand make a heap.

I've already addressed that particular line up thread. She's clearly referring to herself and only herself. Your criticism reveals more about yourself than the show.

A potentially more pro-feminist statement would be more like "it will be perfect... when its for women". Note the use of plural instead of singular.

Mostly the show is just a lot of half-assed fight scenes.

If you want an actual misandrist "Batwoman" character you should go read Brat Pack. Moon Mistress is the feminist nightmare that everyone thought they'd see in Batwoman instead of the stoic kitten we actually get.

I've already addressed that particular line up thread. She's clearly referring to herself and only herself. Your criticism reveals more about yourself than the show.
    I'm not sure what this is even supposed to mean. Herself and only herself? How?
    Why didn't she say "me" instead? Or "this woman" ?

Huh.

A potentially more pro-feminist statement would be more like "it will be perfect... when its for women". Note the use of plural instead of singular.
    Which is exactly what she said. "A woman" as opposed to "a man" can be construed as a plural statement.

You know how they say, grains of sand make a heap.
    And a few grains of sand does not turn a parking lot into a beach