Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    I'm sorry, it may be sound callous, but that's exactly the point. Like ambassadors, these people get their jobs because of their names, because of their connections.

Is it unfair in a system that should be a meritocracy? Yes, but it is not unintended or wrong. These people (Biden, Trump, Clinton, etc.) get their jobs BECAUSE of their name, and the people hiring them want them BECAUSE of their name.

This is how politics works, and has been for thousands of years.
    That's exactly my point, it creates potential conflicts of interest, power ties, power struggles and unfair payment/job positions.
    ...but it's not illegal, it wasn't illegal (or corrupt) for Hunter Biden to get or be offered a job tied to Burisma just as it isn't illegal for Ivanka Trump to work as a "faux" First Lady- or "First Daughter" if you like.

...so why exactly do Republicans want Hunter Biden to testify?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, I caught part of Nunes questions on my way into work...did he get confused and think these hearings were about the 2016 election?
    They are. Trump wanted CrowdStrike/Burisma investigated. That's 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US ABOUT THE LIES TRUMP TOLD YOU IN YOUR OPENING?!? DON'T YOU BELIEVE THE MAN WHO LIES CONSTANTLY?!?" - Castor 2019
    This is what's so unbelievable to me. Trump is a known serial liar...yet we're constantly supposed to act as if he's a trustworthy guy who doesn't literally make shit up all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.sfgate.com/local-politic...g-14849458.php

THIS IS A REAL IMAGE AND NOT A JOKE

Donald Trump is a 5 year old.

...anyone else starting to feel sad for Nunes and Castor? They seem flustered and without a goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaand Nunes seizes the floor back to bitch about not being able to cross-examine the whistleblower in person.

Also claiming that the Democrat's positions are bouncing from one accusation to another, when the truth is that they keep adding new accusations to a comprehensive list; Articles of Impeachment aren't limited to a single issue, as should be implicitly understood in that they're framed as Articles, not a single Article.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pence denies he was warned of the Ukraine issue, specifically, the conversation Sondland just said the two of them had.

Well, Pence denied it by virtue of a statement from his office. Not, say, under oath, which Sondland just did.

So, who wants to bet if there's an email or not?

- - - Updated - - -

Incidentally, the rest of the article said Trump says the testimony vindicated him and the investigation should immediately close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Castor really the best lawyer the GOP could find?

Where'd he get his certificate, a cereal box mail in promotion?

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Pence denies he was warned of the Ukraine issue, specifically, the conversation Sondland just said the two of them had.

Well, Pence denied it by virtue of a statement from his office. Not, say, under oath, which Sondland just did.

So, who wants to bet if there's an email or not?
    Hey now, lets leave President Pence out of this for now.

The GOP seems really directionless on this questioning now. I am still super confused as to this fetish about the Whistleblower. Do they think he is going to have anything nice to say about this situation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Same with this one:

Yes, that's CBS News.

Also, "I want nothing" um...did Sondland actually...say that?

I'm pretty sure we're watching the end of Castor's career right here...

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Is Castor really the best lawyer the GOP could find?

Where'd he get his certificate, a cereal box mail in promotion?
    Probably the Trump university.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Do they think he is going to have anything nice to say about this situation?
    Yes, "I am a Never Trumper and/or Democrat and very biased."

I mean, the rest of the evidence is corroborated at this point. They need a deflection, since the merits of the case are now black and white. The GOP needs to stop padding its numbers and wipe already so they can try again next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I'm pretty sure we're watching the end of Castor's career right here...
    Haha, he was so flustered he yielded back the rest of his time because he didn't have anywhere to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Haha, he was so flustered he yielded back the rest of his time because he didn't have anywhere to go.
    I can think of no more appropriate metaphor for the Republican Party than this.

They had their chance. They chose this.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    ...anyone else starting to feel sad for Nunes and Castor? They seem flustered and without a goal.
    Not at all. Particularly in the case of Nunes. There is zero reason to have any sort of empathy for that worm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shout-out to @Edge- this image is also real, but it is a joke:

I found it under the headline Giuliani seeks to distance himself from Sondland and holy shit, give that editor a Pulitzer.

"I came into this at Volker’s request. Sondland is speculating based on VERY little contact. I never met him and had very few calls with him, mostly with Volker," Giuliani said in a since-deleted tweet during the hearing.

"Volker testified I answered their questions and described them as my opinions, NOT demands. I.E., no quid pro quo!" he added.

While Giuliani pointed to Volker's testimony as a defense of his actions, even Volker expressed concerns about Giuliani's role in the administration and noted he had raised a "conspiracy theory."
    "Since deleted?"

Yeah, old people like Trump and Giuliani apparently don't get "the internet never forgets". Also, he might have deleted it because he was worried about it being used against him on the stand, possibly in a criminal trial. If asked, under oath, "did you ever meet Sondland?" he'll have two options -- neither of them good.

"You're just assuming Sondland is telling the truth and Giuliani is lying."

Yes.

Also, I find it hard to believe Giuliani didn't meet Sondland. Look at what Giuliani has already admitted. And, somehow, he doesn't meet this guy? That's like me saying I want to create a new course MATH 420, Math for Chemistry Majors, without talking to the head of the chemistry department. Yeah I could do it, but it'd be a really dumb idea.

This is what's so unbelievable to me. Trump is a known serial liar...yet we're constantly supposed to act as if he's a trustworthy guy who doesn't literally make shit up all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.sfgate.com/local-politic...g-14849458.php

Donald Trump is a 5 year old.
    I love that it's written entirely in sharpie too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Probably the Trump university.
    Would check out, because I don't think I've ever seen such an unarticulated doofus who's supposedly a professional in my life.

I could talk more convincingly than this idiot, and English isn't even my first language.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    We confess Trumpkins.

We had one of our deep state plants donate million dollars to get a ambassador appointment, so that person can cooberate the testimony of 4 others.

I love this! Guilty as sin.

Oh I have read a few people on Sondland singing like a canary. I like the take as a billionaires hotel owner who just wanted an ambassador title on his resume, now wants to get the eff out. No need to protect Trump. Just sing and gtfo before more damage to him.
    That's how I'm seeing his overall testimony strategy. Thanks for the Ambassador title, best $1MM I ever spent. Btw, get fucked Trump - you're not pinning this on me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    I love that it's written entirely in sharpie too.
    He's old and needs reading glasses...but is too proud to let anyone see him wear them. Were reports he won't let people see him tweet cause of this.