Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Shareholders, as made evident by their recent interview

Because catering to casuals who want fast action and no character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    *yes i do, that way i might actually be able to get something that's useful to my class, not pray to the rng gods that i get any gear at alll*
    That means you have an issue with the reward system, not the actual feature. It's like saying schools are the worst thing ever because you don't like your teachers.

He never played EA or Bethesda games, that's for sure.

And now add removing mounts from vendors after a single xpac (that cost 5 mil gold on top of that).

Cross realm has killed any sense of community a realm had.
    That "sense of community" was artificially created because of tech restrictions. It was never meant to have a small community, it was meant to have a massive community. You were supposed to get this feeling of tight knit community form guilds and friends, not from restrictions that actually stop you from playing with your friends.

A few of us made chars on Classic. I chose a pve server, Horde. One friends chose the same server, Alliance. One chose a pvp realm. Another chose another pvp realm. And none of us can play together. Sure, we could have agreed beforehand, but the truth is, there are LOADS of people I don't get a chance to meet, connect to or play with because of some artificial limits. We all play the same game, but we don't play it together.

Me - I have a guild. I play with them and raid with them. Meanwhile, I help another guild of friends on a different realm with their Mythic raid. I also do some M+ sometimes with them (even if I do them with my guild as well). When I did CMs I did it with a friend from a different realm. Why should this not be a thing? I also switched server twice for the guild and still play with people from those realms - would it not be unfair not to allow me to do that? One server switch was the raid leader's decision, so we could get on a more populated realm to recruit more...

You don't have friends on different realms? Or you didn't make friends on different realms? Those would be friends you'd have never made.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2019-11-25 at 03:07 PM.

Why are M+ and Mythic raids on this list???

3+ Year Old Account
    Most of these changes are the reason this game is still alive.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Seradi View Post
    Why are M+ and Mythic raids on this list???
    Because he's probably unable to do either.

Mythic + Dungeons
    Mythic Raids
    Cross Realm crap
    Level Squish
    Talent Tree removed
    PvP vendors removed
    Honor, Conquest, Valor and Justice points removed
    Gutting class abilities
    Removing Tier sets

I could go on but I think that's enough for now...
    Why are they doing all of this? Do they not realize that removing all these things & implementing the changes they have now has made people quit playing the game? Do they just want to stop making the game? Do they not care about fun anymore?
    Well that`s, you know, your opinion man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    complaining about an issue without giving a resolution just makes people look like a fucken joke

PRO TIP: If you start a thread and just complain, don't expect people to just agree with you and drone on about how bad things are and how good it used to be 15+ years ago when the game was absolute SHITE

Mythic+ is by far the best thing blizzard added in Legion, and it's continued to be a great thing even into BFA (especially BFA being so badly received, and it's STILL solid)

Sure I get bad groups sure I'm not the best player (I'm probably the worst), but deep down, M+ isn't a bad thing AT ALL

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The one comment by a mod on what I've typed shows me that attempting to reason with most of you here on this is fruitless. You have your collective heads up Blizzards' ass and will politely eat up any shit they push out.
    Hypocrite much? On the first page you get all uptight about people being insulting, and yet right here you are being insulting to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Because he's probably unable to do either.
    Not to forget that it also seems that the OP does not even play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krilad View Post
    He never played EA or Bethesda games, that's for sure.
    I like 'good' games. Sadly WoW-Retail isn't that anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like 'good' games. Sadly WoW-Retail isn't that anymore.
    Then I fully encourage you to vote with your wallet. There is no shame in admitting that Wow isn't for you anymore.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    None of those were in OP's list.
    It's about the idea of the topic.
    They removed ALOT that should had NOT been removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

M+ is great, the fuck are you on about? Expansions before MoP had dungeons you did at the start of an expansion then ignored for the rest. MoP and WoD had CMs but those just gave vanity and weren't for everyone, plus it felt bad getting nothing at the time of completing each dungeon. M+ gave new life to dungeons and continues to give life to it. Calling M+ bad is like saying dungeons are bad period. What an insane thing to start off with.

Mythic raids I do agree is dumb, but only because of the archaic ID lockout system and forced 20 player size limit, not for any other reason you're probably thinking of.

Cross Realm does remove realm identity, but is worth it with how much crap it fixes.

Level squish is totally needed.

I do miss talent trees though. This is the first one I'll give you. This was something removed though, not implemented.

Regarding PvP vendors, see above comment.

Same with point currencies.

Class abilities are coming back, why are you complaining?

Tier sets locked at least 4 of your gear pieces for an entire tier. It's as bad as azerite with the added problem of it only dropping from raids which meant PvP and M+ players would feel forced to raid. That's a BAD thing.

So why are they doing this? Because most of this list led to GOOD, HEALTHY, CHANGES.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Mythic + Dungeons
    Mythic Raids
    Cross Realm crap
    Level Squish
    Talent Tree removed
    PvP vendors removed
    Honor, Conquest, Valor and Justice points removed
    Gutting class abilities
    Removing Tier sets

I could go on but I think that's enough for now...
    Why are they doing all of this? Do they not realize that removing all these things & implementing the changes they have now has made people quit playing the game? Do they just want to stop making the game? Do they not care about fun anymore?
    This thread is fucking stupid, and it starts with the OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

I do miss talent trees though. This is the first one I'll give you. This was something removed though, not implemented.

WHY DO YOU MISS .3% TO WHATEVER WHICH ADDS UP TO 1% WITH THREE POINTS OMG THATS SO GOOD WHY WOULD WE EVER SWITCH TO A SYSTEM THAT PROVIDES USABLE ABILITIES THAT PROVIDE A REAL CHANGE TO THE WAY YOU PLAY THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    WHY DO YOU MISS .3% TO WHATEVER WHICH ADDS UP TO 1% WITH THREE POINTS OMG THATS SO GOOD WHY WOULD WE EVER SWITCH TO A SYSTEM THAT PROVIDES USABLE ABILITIES THAT PROVIDE A REAL CHANGE TO THE WAY YOU PLAY THE GAME
    I never said I like the old TALENTS, I said I miss talent TREES. You can make a lot of that stuff baseline but still provide meaningful minor benefits that are too small to be a talent choice today. I remember when I still played Mage in MoP and everyone always dipped in Arcane for this one trait that gave you damage based on how much your Mage Wards absorbed, but I always went with Improved Blink instead, which would give me a burst of speed after blinking. Stuff like that has no place in Talents 2.0 because it's not enough of a meaningful change. Talent Trees can provide more flexibility and minor benefits (not just teeny tiny ones you're forced to take), without having the AWFUL balancing issues of Talents 2.0 (where many talents are traps or just non-choices).

Also nice all-caps bold large font to try and think you're getting a point across better.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I think M+ is a fantastic idea, but i do not personally enjoy the implementation they went with. I would much prefer the focus was put down to bosses increasing in difficulty as keys go up, rather than the trash, and move the focus away from timed runs, and onto clean runs - The key depletes a certain percentage with each death, and with too many deaths, depletes completely.

This would push the focus onto slow, controlled pulls, with a focus on good CC, boss knowledge, patrol knowledge, and a broader knowledge of your class than just "this is the AOE button, i push this all run".

Im not trying to say that players running high keys are not skilled - or that no one enjoys the current system - clearly many do. Im just saying what i personally dont like about the system. I have very fond memories of working through some of the tougher heroics earlier in wows history, especially at current gear levels, and the management and communication between players, either in VOIP or just through good use of markers, and the rewarding feeling when it all just worked.

The downside of this is that strong CC classes would become more popular again - rogues, hunters, mages, locks, and now DH and Monk to some extent, and would certainly hurt classes that lack a strong CC option, so i dont really have a solution for that.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I think M+ is a fantastic idea, but i do not personally enjoy the implementation they went with. I would much prefer the focus was put down to bosses increasing in difficulty as keys go up, rather than the trash, and move the focus away from timed runs, and onto clean runs - The key depletes a certain percentage with each death, and with too many deaths, depletes completely.
    To each his own, but if they did your change I would not push keys anymore. I don't miss 3 hour dungeons and I love having a good idea how long something is going to take before I start so I know it won't be a problem to finish. Not saying the system can't be improved, but this is not a solution I would like at all.