Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I feel like people are underestimating how much is already done for SL. That combined with no huge new systems means they're going to release in 2020, even disregarding the fact the pre-order says it'll be on or before Dec 31st, 2020.

Covenants are essentially the Class Order system (as it's supposedly not another rep grind), there's no new AP system, no new class/races to tune abilities/racials, et c; even Torghast is going to be the 8.3 portal-thingies' that name escapes me currently, which is already being tested on PTR + will have plenty of feedback once it goes live. Granted there will be the Legendary forging system + bringing back old abilities and fine tuning specs back into class and new tweaks to old systems, but that's just it-- tweaks to existing systems.

Of course that's assuming they don't make the tweak and the entire system explodes.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    because some people seem to have quotas and need to post a certain amount of garbage each day.
    I wish we could "like" posts on here. I see people do this all the time, especially with expansion leaks or those specific individuals who scour news websites with obvious political agendas and post their articles here all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Because there are rumours it could be delayed. Please actually read a thread before commenting.
    Lol no there are no such rumors. You have to try a lot harder with that trolling attempt. Post 1 valid source that say Shadowlands could be delayed.

More time to farm the brutosaur!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    It will launch in the August - October window (November at latest) like it usually would. People coming up with conspiracy theories because they haven't shown us every single inch of the zones and gone super in depth are kind of amusing to say the least. They have always put December 31st dates as placeholders for the year they are going to release in, for every product.
    No they not. Bfa and Legion had "before September 21st" note, which indicated Summer release. In Shadowlands it points at Fall release.

Blizzard isn't new to the publishing game. When they put down a date and allow pre-orders they are SURE they can make it. They probably are sure they can make it 1-2 month earlier even, the extra time is to adress critical and unforseen problems. That is how you plan a release, no company in existance will make a release claim, cash in on pre-orders and then delay it without a very very very important reason.

This is because by pre-ordering they signed a contract with each and everyone of us and part of that contract is the release date. If they are not delivering by that date they are liable for a legal claim from each and every one of us and we would win those easily. The costs for attorneys and the repercussions and refunds are immense at that point, no company would risk this.

If it actually comes to it that they cannot finish the entirety of Shadowlands at the start then the worst thing that will happen is one of the areas being taken out at first to be added a few weeks after release so they can finish it.
    Which is completely fine, unless you are one of those no-lifers that levels to 60 and finish all areas by playing for 24 hours straight after release and then complain after a week that you have nothing to do and Shadowlands has so little content....

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    ifers that levels to 60 and finish all areas by playing for 24 hours straight after release and then complain after a week that you have nothing to do and Shadowlands has so little content....
    Oh hi that's me. I will be booking time off of work to hit cap in a day, as I do every expansion.

That's right - work! You don't have to be a 'no-lifer' to do this

But even if I do, and I get everything done, I won't yell at Blizzard. I know it's my fault for consuming content at an increased pace, and it's fine. We're not all mouthbreathing idiots haha.

I don't know about rumors but to me this really feels like a half finished product.
    When you only have zone and story presentation, and no real information on class, profession and reward changes of phylosophy. It just feels like a cheap product, especially when the three examples I just gave are most criticized points of the current expansion.
    Worst being that bfa received less than a quarter of the amount/attention than legion did for class changes, so you could only hope for this to be the main focus for shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Sharper13 View Post
    Oh hi that's me. I will be booking time off of work to hit cap in a day, as I do every expansion.

That's right - work! You don't have to be a 'no-lifer' to do this

But even if I do, and I get everything done, I won't yell at Blizzard. I know it's my fault for consuming content at an increased pace, and it's fine. We're not all mouthbreathing idiots haha.
    Since you are not a complainer, you are not the people I directed this at

3+ Year Old Account
    December 2020. I'll even go as far as to say December 8th 2020.

Did some basic math and determined a relative timeline of release from 8.3 through 9.0.x, posted it here.

TLDR 8.3 1/21; 8.2.5 4/21; 9.0 (prepatch) 10/13, or a week earlier to give time for SL stuff added to Hallow's End. 9.0.x live around 10/27.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Because there are rumours it could be delayed. Please actually read a thread before commenting.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop acting like release dates, even ones in contracts, never change.
    rumors by whom? Some random "journalist" on a random news site? Some random anon on a random page on 4chin?

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    rumors by whom? Some random "journalist" on a random news site? Some random anon on a random page on 4chin?
    Random. You keep using that word, i dont think it means what you think it means.

late 2021 LOL,people rly dont know how to troll these days

Well now that they have pushed WC3 back to 2020, releasing one month later than promised, it looks like their word doesn't mean anything anymore. Even if they say "releases at the latest at this date", it can still be later, so 2021 looks very realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Linuriel View Post
    Well now that they have pushed WC3 back to 2020, releasing one month later than promised, it looks like their word doesn't mean anything anymore. Even if they say "releases at the latest at this date", it can still be later, so 2021 looks very realistic.
    Sorry, but did Blizz actually promise this or was it an expect by date? Haven’t followed news about it closely but I don’t remember a guaranteed date ever mentioned.
    That said, how many other games have had release dates in the past just to be pushed back due to unexpected delays?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Sorry, but did Blizz actually promise this or was it an expect by date? Haven’t followed news about it closely but I don’t remember a guaranteed date ever mentioned.
    Uhm... it used to say "will release on or before December 31st 2019"

It still says so when you google, and it shows the battle net entry

i.imgur.com/61EOsRq.png

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linuriel View Post
    Uhm... it used to say "will release on or before December 31st 2019" It still says so when you google, and it shows the battle net entry
    i.imgur.com/61EOsRq.png
    That isn't really a promise though. It is a place holder because stores need dates. They expected it to be released by then but did not promise it to be. You can argue for a refund do to the place holder date but it doesn't mean they broke a promise. There is a difference between a store front place holder and a annouced or advertised release date.

If they for some reason miss the January 28th date then they would have broken a "promise".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That isn't really a promise though. It is a place holder because stores need dates. They expected it to be released by then but did not promise it to be. You can argue for a refund do to the place holder date but it doesn't mean they broke a promise. There is a difference between a store front place holder and a annouced or advertised release date.

If they for some reason miss the January 28th date then they would have broken a "promise".
    28th January is irrelevant, they can easily move it. They're not accepting preorders based on that date. They did for 31st of December though.

The point is that same thing can (and most likely) will happen with Shadowlands which is pretty stupid to argue against at this point.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    28th January is irrelevant, they can easily move it. They're not accepting preorders based on that date. They did for 31st of December though.

The point is that same thing can (and most likely) will happen with Shadowlands which is pretty stupid to argue against at this point.
    Most likely will happen? Based upon what? Just because one game got delayed doesn't mean another will lol. If the game doesn't release until december 31st we shouldnt even be expecting an alpha for another 5-6 months.