Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Does MMO-Champion ruin WoW expansions?

With all the Data mining and Posting Spoilers on the site. Do you guys think it ruins the "Surprise element" to a new expansion?

In my opinion, Yes they do. I wished they could stop Data mining. And I wish Blizzard would do something about it. But this is my opinion.. What do you guys think? Does it ruin it for you too? Let's please be adults about this and lets be nice. Thank you!

I like it because it allows me to know not to subscribe.

Yes
    because you have all the unsubbed prophets who have an opinion on nothing they know about.

See above poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel85NYC View Post
    With all the Data mining and Posting Spoilers on the site. Do you guys think it ruins the "Surprise element" to a new expansion?

In my opinion, Yes they do. I wished they could stop Data mining. And I wish Blizzard would do something about it. But this is my opinion.. What do you guys think? Does it ruin it for you too? Let's please be adults about this and lets be nice. Thank you!
    Or you know, you can just not read it?

Data mining has sped things up a lot for sure, but it also helps even more.

If they lock everything and dont allow data mining, all you have is going back to the period of "Where did you get that" whisper spam every 2 mins if you are slightly head of the curve.

But then they will also have to stop PTR, otherwise people would just manually find everything, but instead of 2 hours of data mining, it would take a few days and a couple of posts.

And stopping the PTR would mean bugs, many more annoying pointless bugs, the same way we had them the first 4 years, people dont remember but especially Vanilla the first ~6 (EU), ~9 months for US months had a hotfix every other day, some crashing the servers for the whole day etc, luckily US got the majority of that as always :P

No. And pretty much every mmo has a website that looks at future content for the game.

10+ Year Old Account

Not really. If it ruins anything, then you are welcome to stay away from the site?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard should try to hide the data a little bit more too.

Yes we can ignore everything, but IMO it hurts the game to have all those informations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say some users ruins it for themselves, by seing a clickbait thread and checking the number of pages, which trick them into caring about what does not matter, due to some basic social instincts or something

If a news post contains spoilers it also contains spoiler warning. Just ignore such a news and you won't get anything spoiled. I do this all the time and it worked for me for years.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

No. What ruins new expansions is Blizz's lack of effort, not any surprise (or lack thereof) elements. Don't kill the messenger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't bother me really.

No, dataminig is actually what I come to this website for. Thanks to MMO Champ, I instantly knew bfa was going to be garbage, and I never bought it. Also now I know that shadowblands is going to be a failure too.

But did it kill my hype when I new Wotlk was coming? No, it did not, it actually increased the hype.

The lesson here is that shitty game design 'ruins' wow expansions, not spoilers or leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    No. What ruins new expansions is Blizz's lack of effort, not any surprise (or lack thereof) elements. Don't kill the messenger.
    lack of effort, eh?
    Aite bet.

Worst thing in a new expansion is going in blind, getting to max, doing a few days/weeks and releasing you hate the class you decided to level because you didn't have information prior.

This is why I LOVE getting beta invites, but if I can't get that, at least I have Data miners and videos to inform me.

What do you think is being ruined? Gameplay wise I want to know what I'm headed for. Story wise, occasionally things got ruined, but we aren't exactly talking about M Night Shamalan writing here, it's not as if the whole expansion is ruined because I found out Bruce Willis has been dead the whole time. Honestly, I'm a lore nerd more than for the game, and I dont think there has ever been a point they've wow'd me in anyway story wise.

It ruins WoW, period.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I Unsubbed patch 8.1 after playing since vanilla and have basically burned out from playing, however i still come here to see all the news about new patches and latest X-Pac news aswell. If you don't want to be spoiled, then you could stop coming to MMO so you can still be surprised when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Yes
    because you have all the unsubbed prophets who have an opinion on nothing they know about.

See above poster.
    Haters gonna hate.

Yes it does, I don't know why blizzard allows data mining to do unpunished.