Thread: Toxicity

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Toxicity

I met two amazing people in Classic. We have become very close friends. I just don't understand why everyone has to debate who is more toxic or what realm is more toxic... Just enjoy whatever you enjoy. This isn't a pissing contest! Just find who you like and enjoy playing. Maybe I'm just crazy though >.>

You are intoxicating! Thanks for being awesome.

I met at least 1 cool person during 15 years of wow too.

But i've never been in a guild where the full 20-40 people were all cool people.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    You are intoxicating! Thanks for being awesome.
    I wish my view was contagious! You are even more awesome, Free!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post

But i've never been in a guild where the full 20-40 people were all cool people.
    I'm on Ashkandi in Bloodsworn. I haven't been apart of the raids (lvl 52 Orc Huntard) yet but everyone is nice. My guild master will find me randomly, wherever I am, just to say what's up... My experience isn't everyone else's though unfortantely. Being toxic right back towards someone doesn't solve the toxicity problem though.

3+ Year Old Account

Isn't that just life?

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Isn't that just life?
    It is! Find the one or two you like and fuck everyone else

Back in Wrath, I was in such a group. They eventually turned into a guild, and in so doing brought in more people who were "hard core". As time wore on, we eventually became a progression guild through Mists (Throne of Thunder), then the GM left, and we've had several false starts on anything other than heroic since.

The best part is when you just know which people will be there until they get theirs, then it's either complaints about others not pulling their own, or requests to bring alts when others still need gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    One of the things I wanted from classic is to get the sulfuras. And I finally managed to get it 3 weeks ago.

needless to say, I got shat on by both alliance & horde (i'm alliance btw)

People whispering me "LOL PALA WITH SULF WTF" These kinds of insults I don't really appreciate & tells a lot about those people.
    But you got what made you happy. That's what matters, dude! I tell my Shaman friend, don't fit the mold. Make your build how you want it. How you like it. I will always group with her, no question. She is great at burst damage and small heals. Most people would look right over her though because it's not a "normal" build. I support what makes you happy, buddy!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Back in Wrath, I was in such a group. They eventually turned into a guild, and in so doing brought in more people who were "hard core". As time wore on, we eventually became a progression guild through Mists (Throne of Thunder), then the GM left, and we've had several false starts on anything other than heroic since.

The best part is when you just know which people will be there until they get theirs, then it's either complaints about others not pulling their own, or requests to bring alts when others still need gear.
    That's the way she fuckin' goes, boys. The beginning was beautiful though

...so what's the point of this thread?

To foster a toxic debate?
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

One of the things I wanted from classic is to get the sulfuras. And I finally managed to get it 3 weeks ago.

People whispering me "LOL PALA WITH SULF WTF" These kinds of insults I don't really appreciate & tells a lot about those people.
    Wait, why would you get angery whispers? If I recall, no self respecting PvE warrior would ever use Sulf as it's trash for them. It might as well say "Paladin/Shaman only" weapon in the flavor text.
    That kind of degraded nonsense is one of the reasons I left Classic. I can deal with toxicity in BFA, it's tame compared to some of the stuff I saw in Classic.
    True story, playing a Hunter. I've played a Hunter since 2006. Le me on Classic, openly mocked for using a Cat to level instead of a Carrion bird in guild chat.
    Like, word?

It amazes me that such a fun and nuanced yet easy game can have such rabid gate keeping, not just on forums but people I personally played with.
    Last I heard, Classic raiding is so easy that guilds coordinate speed runs and ladders for rankings, let alone Warcraft Logs which I personally find laughable.
    Kudos to them for being creative, but really?
    These same people say BFA Mythic raiding is easy and Classic Raiding is the true experience. Hyperbole aside, this has been my personal experience with toxicity in the 14ish days played I had on Classic before I quit and went back to EP progression in BFA, which I find more satisfying.
    *Steps off soapbox*

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    ...so what's the point of this thread?

To foster a toxic debate?
    I was thinking quite the opposite, I've been nice so far at least

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Wait, why would you get angery whispers? If I recall, no self respecting PvE warrior would ever use Sulf as it's trash for them. It might as well say "Paladin/Shaman only" weapon in the flavor text.
    That kind of degraded nonsense is one of the reasons I left Classic. I can deal with toxicity in BFA, it's tame compared to some of the stuff I saw in Classic.
    True story, playing a Hunter. I've played a Hunter since 2006. Le me on Classic, openly mocked for using a Cat to level instead of a Carrion bird in guild chat.
    Like, word?

It amazes me that such a fun and nuanced yet easy game can have such rabid gate keeping, not just on forums but people I personally played with.
    Last I heard, Classic raiding is so easy that guilds coordinate speed runs and ladders for rankings, let alone Warcraft Logs which I personally find laughable.
    These same people say BFA Mythic raiding is easy and Classic Raiding is the true experience. Hyperbole aside, this has been my personal experience with toxicity in the 14ish days played I had on Classic before I quit and went back to EP progression in BFA, which I find more satisfying.
    *Steps off soapbox*
    I'm glad you like Retail. Blizzard needs the retailers more than us Classic-ers! Keep the ship afloat my friend and level with that cat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Like, word?

*Steps off soapbox*
    I'm glad you like Retail. Blizzard needs the retailers more than us Classic-ers! Keep the ship afloat my friend and level with that cat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBangSmack View Post
    It is! Find the one or two you like and fuck everyone else
    Kinky.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Kinky.....
    Only the weirdos over here, lmao. ty for the laugh <3

"toxicity" isn't a problem, and never has been.

people crying over it need to just learn to be less weak.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    "toxicity" isn't a problem, and never has been.

people crying over it need to just learn to be less weak.
    I'm simply spreading my view point, not really complaining. I really just want to spread a better view!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBangSmack View Post
    everyone has to debate who is more toxic or what realm is more toxic...
    I didnt noticed that specific but ok. People are toxic in general. Player base is much toxic atm. Why? Because players are not only just nerds with no life binded to pc in basement. They are maybe not toxic but world of gamers have became more diverse. Everything comes more from a misunderstanding of other views.

I also have a few friends for a life from vanilla WoW and W3. My brother meet her wife in WoW :P He starts playing WoW because i showed him this game. So in some way they found each other because of me.
    Last edited by czarek; 2019-12-18 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    I didnt noticed that specific but ok. People are toxic in general. Player base is much toxic atm. Why? Because players are not only just nerds with no life binded to pc in basement. They are maybe not toxic but world of gamers have became more diverse. Everything comes more from a misunderstanding of other views.

I also have a few friends for a life from vanilla WoW and W3. My brother meet her wife in WoW :P He starts playing WoW because i showed him this game. So in some way they found each other because of me.
    That's beautiful! I've made two bestfriends in the last couple months on Classic. You're right about it being so diverse now though, that's a very good point!

Great song!

Well that is ironic. I myself despise any arms warrior i see with it. This is primary a Enh shaman weapon and then a ret paladin weapon. Sulfuras isn't even BiS for arms warrior by a long loooooong shot.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Great song!
    Me singing the song about toxic people? that's funny if so lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Well that is ironic. I myself despise any arms warrior i see with it. This is primary a Enh shaman weapon and then a ret paladin weapon. Sulfuras isn't even BiS for arms warrior by a long loooooong shot.
    There is definitely a difference when it's something like that haha, I just "recommend" better set ups for people that a geared goofily! Like my Sham friend, it's an investment w/ my Sham friend though.