Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Garithos never attempted to genocide the Sin'dorei, unless you are referring to that secret mission where he tries to stop Kael'thas from escaping. That happened after Kael'thas made a deal with a twisted villain without Garithos' approval, and it wasn't the entire Sin'dorei population but only a fraction of it.

Blaming a country two subcontinents away for the actions of someone coming from a completely different nation isn't mental gymnastics?
    Garithos ABSOLUTELY attempted to genocide the elves because he didn't trust them and thought it was a mistake for them to be accepted by the Alliance. Try reading the lore instead of skimming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    When you say things like "You can't talk to any Alliance players" and utterly refuse to engage in discussion, even with me agreeing but pointing out perspective/nuances (you know, like both sides should be doing?), in favor of making ugly generalizations about a group of people, yeah that qualifies as bigotry. Here's a definition for you:
    I refuse to engage in discussion with the majority of Alliance fans because there is no reasoning with them. Looking over your other replies to people and your replies to me just shows me there is absolutely no point. It's not bigotry. It's me not wanting to argue with a wall.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-12-07 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    My bet is that those filthy void elves will try invading Silvermoon, and then when the Blood Elves righteously retaliate the Alliance will conveniently forget that they instigated and cry out about "Horde aggression."

Either that or something something Night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    Like always, the Horde gets the urge to shed blood and starts killing innocents thus triggers another war.
    Only Stormwind and Ironforge left. But maybe some good old WasntmeHorde will slaughter the folks in Redridge or burn the wheat farms of Westfall.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I refuse to engage in discussion with the majority of Alliance fans because there is no reasoning with them.
    Good of you to admit you're not here to discuss, just to attack and troll, since at no point have you remotely tried to "reason". Do tell, does reason mean "agree 100% with everything I say" to you?

Looking over your other replies to people and your replies to me just shows me there is absolutely no point. It's not bigotry. It's me not wanting to argue with a wall.
    And yet you keep engaging me, apparently to tell me there's no point in your doing so. OK, you've convinced me. Well done?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-12-07 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Received Infraction
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Without a mutual common enemy they will battle over territory and ressources as they've been destined to as a parallel to reality using arbitrary things like honor, faith and freedom to justify their actions instead of continue to get along, live long and prosper in peace among each other
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Alli attacks, no one cares, horde attacks AMAG BLOODSHED, TYRANTS, MONSTERS! and voila we got a war.
    Thing is though, you can trace basically any act of Alliance aggression back to something the Horde did to cause it. Horde is always the aggressor, Alliance is always the avenger. Horde are incapable of choosing a leader who doesn't either go insane, or jerks off with sandpaper at the thought of mass murder. Vol'jin might have been that guy, but he got killed off to make room for a nut job when it seemed like he might actually be mentally stable.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Garithos ABSOLUTELY attempted to genocide the elves because he didn't trust them and thought it was a mistake for them to be accepted by the Alliance. Try reading the lore instead of skimming.

- - - Updated - - -

I refuse to engage in discussion with the majority of Alliance fans because there is no reasoning with them. Looking over your other replies to people and your replies to me just shows me there is absolutely no point. It's not bigotry. It's me not wanting to argue with a wall.

Infracted.
    Garithos didn't trust them, that doesn't mean that he tried to exterminate them.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Portions of both still do. On the Alliance side, you have the Night Elves and Gilneas.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
    Portions of both still do. On the Alliance side, you have the Night Elves and Gilneas.
    Not really. In fact if you look at the 8.2.5 dialogue, the only "generic npc" being confused with the peace treaty are some human guards. People like Shandris are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    My bet is that those filthy void elves will try invading Silvermoon, and then when the Blood Elves righteously retaliate the Alliance will conveniently forget that they instigated and cry out about "Horde aggression."

Either that or something something Night elves.
    hah in your dreams.

for that to happen blizzard first needs to give 2 shits about the alliance, which they never will mark my words

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Garithos didn't trust them, that doesn't mean that he tried to exterminate them.
    Except that he did, first he hoped they would be wiped out by the scourge and then he refused Kael's plea to spare his people for following his orders and just kill him, Garithos chose to exterminate them all instead

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Except that he did, first he hoped they would be wiped out by the scourge and then he refused Kael's plea to spare his people for following his orders and just kill him, Garithos chose to exterminate them all instead
    But wasnt that Kael who wanted to go all out and “go on the offensive” first but Garithos refused to lend him any assistance? After the first mission where you just rebuild some structures.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    But wasnt that Kael who wanted to go all out and “go on the offensive” first but Garithos refused to lend him any assistance? After the first mission where you just rebuild some structures.
    If I recall correctly, Garithos ordered them to defend against the scourge despite knowing they were completely under-equipped to do so (and pretty much knowing they'd die, which was his plan). He then tried to imprison and execute them for accepting the aid of the naga.

Garithos definitely wanted Kael and the elves dead one way or the other, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Kael wanted to be on the frontline, with the rest of the army, Garithos then sent them to repair scout towers, which detected a massive scourge army en route to dalaran, Garithos withdrew any kind of support and then told Kael to deal with it, which pretty much forced Kael to ally with the naga or die then and there, he then accepted responsibility for this action offering to die as the commanding officer, which Garithos refused sentencing them all to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    If there is one thing that'll NEVER change in WoW, it's the feud between both factions (lorewise). Even Ion stated in Blizzcon that the faction vs faction dynamic is a staple of WoW and will never go away.

However, right now, the Horde and Alliance leadership are pretty much all sucking each other off in a big love orgy after they defeated Sylvannas. Thrall and Jaina are over there hold hands. Baine and Jaina are over there making out. First Arcanist Thalyssra and Jaina are over there scissoring. Anduin and the charred remains of Saurfang's corpse is over there 69in'.

So what now? There is too much love between the factions. How will they start hating each other again so we can get back to the status quo.
    Probably by the Horde chosing another Strawman to engage in their prefered cultural costume of engaging in genocidal wars, whom they will despose of at the end of the war to claim that they were all innocent despite chosing to follow their tyrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Horde will be aggressors, Alliance will be the good bois.

Same old same old. "Horde favoritisms hurr durr!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    Like always, the Horde gets the urge to shed blood and starts killing innocents thus triggers another war.
    You don't think with all the lead-up, that Tyrande won't be the one to start it now? She is avoiding Anduin, telling him she wants no treaty. It would almost seem like they're going to have her be the new instigator in the A/H war.

Personally, in my fantasy WoW world, the time difference between Shadowlands and Azeroth would put us hundreds of years into the future of Azeroth. There would be no factions anymore but instead all of Azeroth would be ruled over like a dictatorship by Yrel and the light.

When we return from Shadowlands Yrel would welcome us with open arms into a new light rules world, with the understanding that as Azeroths mightiest heroes we would of course side with her and help squash the puny rebel alliance that simply doesn't understand how the light brings peace and prosperity to all who comply.

Would need to choose, the light or dark, and that would be the basis for WoW for at least a few expansions.

Live long and prosper.

Calia becomes Forsaken leader, then Warchief, then gets villain batted and kills Baine. Anduin feels betrayed, recruits Lightforged Elves and attacks Calia.

I think that the "faction war" per se is over, what we will have from now on is small conflicts but not something that involves the entire world ever again. We might get tyrande, Genn, maybe some undead doing some evil stuff but it just won't escalate into total faction war. Just small plots to justify pvp, similar to what happened in legion with stormheim

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    Probably by the Horde chosing another Strawman to engage in their prefered cultural costume of engaging in genocidal wars, whom they will despose of at the end of the war to claim that they were all innocent despite chosing to follow their tyrants.
    That's why everyone loves the Horde though. They are the ones that make the game interesting. Do you really want to play a World of WARCRAFT where both factions sit around sucking each other off all day? Nothx.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama