Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Lor'themar should be that guy. He just needs to do be involved a bit more. He's a certainly capable leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Eh, Blizzard seems to be pussifying the male cast we have or plan to get, unless its a villain of course. If anything give us a villain we love so much that we don't want to see die, Emet Selch from FFXIV, Handsome Jack from B2, Thanos from Avengers, ect. ect.
    Nah Handsome Jack was a fucking bastard.

As for the topic: Good luck with that. It won't push any positive PR to have what you want, OP. Not that it'd be negative PR either, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    Seriously. Stop using this divisive idea as a talking point. Stop focusing on it. Stop breathing life into it. Etc.

If you need a strong, male lead... look within yourself and be that person and rise about all this.

Stop hanging out with turkeys and fly like an eagle.
    Yeah I mean technically if all your characters are male then in Legion you had 12 strong male leaders at the forefront of the story. That's before we even get into NPCs like Illidan, Turalyon, Memelord Khadgar and Velen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    On topic, I hope they do something with Arator, he's kind of a blank canvas.
    He'll be used to introduce Half-Elves as an Allied Race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    According to you:
    Lorderon event
    Warbringer (not ingame)
    Raid
    Brainwash her brother (mentioned)
    Reunion
    Save baine
    Final war campaign cinematic

I count 5 (brief) in game appearances, and once being mentioned. I say to you again, how does this count as "all over the expansion" for a horde player?

Nathanos was "all over the expansion", Sylvannas was "all over the expansion", Saurfang was "all over the expansion", Talanji was "all over the expansion", Baine was "all over the expansion", heck you could even argue that Rokhan was "all over the expansion". But Jaina certainly wasn't for horde players.
    Also in Vashj'ir (Zone and Raid) quite a bit, in the stormwind city breakout, in the calia lore bit in storm song that horde get to watch, and she also takes over the main enemy force of the Horde this expansion... probably other bits I forgot as well

Also you can watch the war bringers in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if Jaina was "all over the expansion" how would you describe Nathaons, Sylvanas, Saurfang, Talanji, and Bain's position in the expansion? They were clearly featured far more extensively than Jaina.
    As Alliance you literally see Talanji twice, once when you are told (And shown) they escaped the Alliance fleet, and the second time after you kill her father in the raid...

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Also in Vashj'ir (Zone and Raid) quite a bit, in the stormwind city breakout, in the calia lore bit in storm song that horde get to watch, and she also takes over the main enemy force of the Horde this expansion... probably other bits I forgot as well

Also you can watch the war bringers in game.

- - - Updated - - -

As Alliance you literally see Talanji twice, once when you are told (And shown) they escaped the Alliance fleet, and the second time after you kill her father in the raid...
    Have you read my posts? I'm talking specifically about horde players, not alliance. Obviously Jaina is all over the expansion for alliance players...it's set in Kul Tiras.

10+ Year Old Account
    My point:

For a horde player, Jaina appears infrequently and when she does you rarely interact with her.

Your point:

Even for a horde player Jaina appears a lot.

To put it another way, on a scale of 0 - 5 (0 being no appearances and 5 being complete saturation) I'd say Jaina is a 2 for horde players, whereas Nathanos is around a 5.

So, my question to you is: If you consider the amount of Jaina appearances for horde players to be a lot how would you characterise the appearances of other characters (such as the ones I listed)?
    Have you read my posts? I'm talking specifically about horde players, not alliance. Obviously Jaina is all over the expansion for alliance players...it's set in Kul Tiras.

Shockingly Horde characters appear more in the Horde story then Alliance characters... this is new? over all though Jaina has had a much bigger impact on the overall story with which you interact with then most of them....

To be more specific, yes you will see Nathanos more then jaina as A Horde, but as far as crossover characters go she is one of the most common appearing characters in the game. Ergo. it's easy to say you see Jaina a lot which seems to be the point you are trying to contest.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2019-12-27 at 05:19 AM.

I want to see Falstad get the spotlight for a while as an MC

Shockingly Horde characters appear more in the Horde story then Alliance characters... this is new? over all though Jaina has had a much bigger impact on the overall story with which you interact with then most of them....
    Dude, you clearly haven't read the conversation. No one is saying Jaina hasn't had a big impact on the story lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, you clearly haven't read the conversation. No one is saying Jaina hasn't had a big impact on the story lol.
    The point you seem to be trying to make is she doesn't appear with much frequency as a Horde player, when in fact she shows up all over the place, much more so then meany enemies of the Horde in the past. To be more specific, yes you will see Nathanos more then jaina as A Horde, but as far as crossover characters go she is one of the most common appearing examples in the game. Ergo. it's easy to say you see Jaina a lot which seems to be the point you are trying to contest.

The point you seem to be trying to make is she doesn't appear with much frequency as a Horde player, when in fact she shows up all over the place, much more so then meany Villans in the past. To be more specific, yes you will see Nathanos more then jaina as A Horde, but as far as crossover characters go she is one of the most common appearing characters in the game. Ergo. it's easy to say you see Jaina a lot which seems to be the point you are trying to contest.
    The point is clear, which if you'd read the exchange from the beginning you would have seen:

Why would someone happen to forget Jaina when discussing strong characters (in which said individual listed mainly horde characters)? The answer could be because as a horde player you have extremely few and limited interactions with Jaina. You in no way encounter Jaina "a lot" as a horde character, you see her a handful of times (certainly no more than 5) and she is mentioned briefly a couple of other times.

If you now want to add further qualifiers such as "most common crossover character" that's fair, I suppose, but not what I was originally talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is clear, which if you'd read the exchange from the beginning you would have seen:

Why would someone happen to forget Jaina when discussing strong characters (in which said individual listed mainly horde characters)? The answer could be because as a horde player you have extremely few and limited interactions with Jaina. You in no way encounter Jaina "a lot" as a horde character, you see her a handful of times (certainly no more than 5) and she is mentioned briefly a couple of other times.

If you now want to add further qualifiers such as "most common crossover character" that's fair, I suppose, but not what I was originally talking about.
    Fair enough, all though the 5 number is a low ball (as the lists I and others have given pointed out), I would also add, that at that point it's the players fault for ostracizing themselves from half the story.

I guess the simple solution is play both sides if you don't want to look ignorant/misinformed to others who do. *Shrug*

Fair enough, all though the 5 number is a low ball (as the lists I and others have given pointed out), I would also add, that at that point it's the players fault for ostracizing themselves from half the story.

I guess the simple solution is play both sides if you don't want to look ignorant/misinformed to others who do. *Shrug*
    It's not a low ball figure at all, most of the stuff you listed the horde doesn't see - but feel free to list all the time Jaina appears horde side in BfA if you like. The Jaina warbringer is most certainly not prompted for horde players, unlike the Sylvannas one which is prompted twice.

Mate, what are you talking about? No one here looked ignorant or misinformed. Someone wonder why another individual happened to have left out Jaina, one of the potential reasons is because she's not featured heavily from the horde perspective in comparison to other characters.

In any case, only playing through one side isn't 'ostracising' oneself. All the key beats are covered on both sides, and many (if not most) players don't like grinding out every quest. It might come as a shock to you but people play for more than just the story.

Your responses are as if you've deliberately come looking for a fight, chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    He'll be used to introduce Half-Elves as an Allied Race.
    I'll take it.

What a politicized post. Your vantage point is talkin about "Mary Sue's" "PC" Gender and "blizzard embracing diversity".

Maybe you would find Jordan Petersen fitting?

- - - Updated - - -

Also Genn Greymane fits a likeable strong male lead

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread has wandered a bit too far afield into identity politics and gender issues. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead