Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Dual Wield Dagger Fury tanking

Absolutely highest TPS I've ever seen.

We had prot paladin pull garr adds to the side with a few banishes.

I hit a rage pot and spammed heroic strike/sunder + revenge on CD.

Garr died in under 30 seconds.

Using mugger's belt and aged core gloves (glancing capped)

Perdition + Corehound tooth. Not even hit capped yet!

Make sure you got shield swap macro and use shield block to stop a crush if you get low. Good luck!

I'm 3-31-17 (I took heroic strike rage reduction over sunder armor rage reduction).

Yes its very good for non human tanks.

I think you're confusing tanking with dpsing. It's amazing how laughably easy the content is where the bosses hit so damn soft that you can even survive that

10+ Year Old Account
    "giggles"....."giggles louder"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    I think you're confusing tanking with dpsing. It's amazing how laughably easy the content is where the bosses hit so damn soft that you can even survive that
    Don't even need tank spec to tank current valid bosses....

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Yes its very good for non human tanks.
    A single stoneshield potion (2000 armor for 2 minutes) outlasts every fight!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not.

I did 31/20 on private servers for a long time as Human with swords.

I decided to go NE (PvP shadowmeld) and test daggers this time. The TPS was higher with daggers than a human with swords.

Fury/prot has been a thing for a while.

Ideally I can acquire edgemaster so I can equip a proper belt and gloves.

Proper use of elixirs and pots and other consumables make Fury/prot viable. The tank needs to have awareness of when to bring out the shield though. Shield Block makes you uncrushable during emergencies. I often shield swap 1-2 times on each boss.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2020-01-04 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    A single stoneshield potion (2000 armor for 2 minutes) outlasts every fight!
    Don't stare yourself blind, be versatile in your gear choice, until dragons you dont really need super high TPS, since bosses die before someone can overtake you, taunts and other tanks can solve losing aggro in MC, ZG, AQ etc but not in BWL where dagger tanking really shine.

As such, you can go for more damage on bosses which die fast but are also tauntable, remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Perhaps because there are no really decent defensive talents in deep prot?
    A Warrior tank doesn't even need to go further than Tier 3 to grab all the defense related talents.

Threat is all that matters, your healers have nothing to do anyway on most fights in MC.
    Especially on Alliance side with Pallies being OP ST healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Perhaps because there are no really decent defensive talents in deep prot?
    A Warrior tank doesn't even need to go further than Tier 3 to grab all the defense related talents.

Threat is all that matters, your healers have nothing to do anyway on most fights in MC.
    Especially on Alliance side with Pallies being OP ST healers.
    To make it even funnier, you're even hoping to get crit for procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    "giggles"....."giggles louder"

- - - Updated - - -

Its all down to 1.12. If it was true representation of how vanilla was, Most bosses in classic would be as hard, if not harder than ANYTHING in retail.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Its all down to 1.12. If it was true representation of how vanilla was, Most bosses in classic would be as hard, if not harder than ANYTHING in retail.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR_WAuiTMRs

shut the fuck up you delusional troll

If you think the game was ever harder than Mythic progression outside of bosses that were practically impossible (pre-nerf Cthun), you're wrong.

Oh man, better dispel this debuff by pressing this button that targets and picks a spell automatically sometime within the next 20 seconds or it might deal half someone's health in damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    and yet you'll still see people say paladins can't tank raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    and yet you'll still see people say paladins can't tank raids.
    And yet we used a prot paladin on Garr for the adds and aoe'd down all but 3 (3 were banished) 20-30 seconds post pull (after garr died). In fact, the only person that received an innervate that fight was the prot paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet we used a prot paladin on Garr for the adds and aoe'd down all but 3 (3 were banished) 20-30 seconds post pull (after garr died). In fact, the only person that received an innervate that fight was the prot paladin.
    And that's why people don't like paladin tanks. Not because they can't, but because they go OOM in a minute. And also can't taunt (what's up with that?).

Prot paladins are actually very viable in any AoE scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Oh man, better dispel this debuff by pressing this button that targets and picks a spell automatically sometime within the next 20 seconds or it might deal half someone's health in damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    If you think the game was ever harder than Mythic progression outside of bosses that were practically impossible (pre-nerf Cthun), you're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR_WAuiTMRs

shut the fuck up you delusional troll
    The guys was using sarcasm. lol. He said that most bosses were harder than retail below the comment that says "you don't even need tank spec to tank in Vanilla".

Chill guys.

That's awesome! love seeing some paladin tank representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    That's awesome! love seeing some paladin tank representation.
    With major mana pots, runes and a single innervate, a prot paladin is fine (assuming you have decent dps).

For the low cost of a 5 minute cooldown and some gold per boss for pots you can also tank like everyone else!

I tank as almost full ret sooooo.