Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

I saw the N'zoth cinematic, really disappointed

Read some about the patch notes and datamined dialogue, then saw the cutscene, anyway, for a villain that has been teased for years, that has been behind a lot of stuff, is this it? Just one patch and THAT dealing with the biggest villain in wow history aside from Sargeras?

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Read some about the patch notes and datamined dialogue, then saw the cutscene, anyway, for a villain that has been teased for years, that has been behind a lot of stuff, is this it? Just one patch and THAT dealing with the biggest villain in wow history aside from Sargeras?
    N'zoth was marginally the weakest of the old gods. Get your whine right at least.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    N'zoth was marginally the weakest of the old gods. Get your whine right at least.
    Nothing he said was incorrect, N'zoth has been behind so much of the villainy that has been going on in WoW (Deathwing, Azshara, etc). He didn't say he was the second most powerful.

He is weaker than C'thun and Yogg-saron and we dealt with those the patch they were introduced, so why would the weakest of the old gods get a massive fanfare?

It obviously isn't the end of N'Zoth, as if Blizzard blatantly foreshadowing it at Blizzcon wasn't clear enough. He and the other Old Gods will be back either in the final stage of Shadowlands or in the upcoming Light and Void expansion.

Want even more evidence that N'Zoth's defeat doesn't mean much? After his fall, Alleria's whispers have worsened and new voices have joined the chorus. The Old God storyline is not over.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    It obviously isn't the end of N'Zoth, as if Blizzard blatantly foreshadowing it at Blizzcon wasn't clear enough. He and the other Old Gods will be back either in the final stage of Shadowlands or in the upcoming Light and Void expansion.

Want even more evidence that N'Zoth's defeat doesn't mean much? After his fall, Alleria's whispers have worsened and new voices have joined the chorus. The Old God storyline is not over.
    You got some of that there source for your fanfic headcanon?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post

No shit man, you're saying Blizzard can bring back any character any time for any reason? Woah.

1. N'zoth was the shitter of the crew
    2. He's destroyed by re-origination, which being a failsafe to DESTROY THE ENTIRE PLANET

He's already getting a cool death - cooler than C'thun or Yogg - and he's had the spotlight for years. Time to let go.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    You got some of that there source for your fanfic headcanon?
    Sure. I mean, it takes like 5 seconds to digit "Blizzcon 2019 Old God" and confirm I am not making shit up, but here you go:

https://it.wowhead.com/news=296046/a...user-and-r-wow

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    No shit man, you're saying Blizzard can bring back any character any time for any reason? Woah.

1. N'zoth was the shitter of the crew
    2. He's destroyed by re-origination, which being a failsafe to DESTROY THE ENTIRE PLANET

He's already getting a cool death - cooler than C'thun or Yogg - and he's had the spotlight for years. Time to let go.
    It's not me who's saying that though, it's Blizzard.

Also, "let go" of what exactly? I don't really think I ever cared that much for the whole Old God storyline, not after the Void Lords' reveal, so it doesn't personally impact me or anything.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Think you're hyping N'zoth beyond what they really are. They're another old god that was tied to a background enemy that's really not interacted with the rest of the world in most of the previous stories told.

Yeah old gods have always been a thing and people talked mad hype about some things because there was never any real details. Yeah we had some good shit about a sleeping city lost to time beneath the waves that really vibed just right with certain circles, but that's a far cry from "biggest villain in wow history"

Nzoth survived a long time against way stronger old gods, pretty clear that he thinks in a hole other level then others, us beating him might even be all according to plans and just what he wants for some still unknown reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Think you're hyping N'zoth beyond what they really are. They're another old god that was tied to a background enemy that's really not interacted with the rest of the world in most of the previous stories told.

Yeah old gods have always been a thing and people talked mad hype about some things because there was never any real details. Yeah we had some good shit about a sleeping city lost to time beneath the waves that really vibed just right with certain circles, but that's a far cry from "biggest villain in wow history"
    Without N'zoth there would be no Deathwing. No Azshara. That's already two huge villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Nzoth survived a long time against way stronger old gods, pretty clear that he thinks in a hole other level then others, us beating him might even be all according to plans and just what he wants for some still unknown reason.
    That would align with one of Xal'athath's whispers in Legion about N'Zoth:

It was here in ages past that the God of the Deep lost a great battle to the God of Seven Heads. But as was so often the case even defeat ultimately worked in N'zoth's favor.
    Though I find it stupid if his plan was always to "die", because it sounds like such a silly plan, but regardless the build-up is there.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I was hoping for an old god expansion, a proper black kingdom expansion! i mean a proper one! full on kingdom, instances and raids that are old god themed!

he said BIGGEST villian in wow history, not the most powerful.....drain some of the hate so you can see clearly.....biggest means hes been behind most of the events that have happened in wow.....again for those in the back he never said STRONGEST he said BIGGEST....but then again, if he's the weakest, why is he one of if not the last one standing.....? hrmmmm makes you wonder.....
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Without N'zoth there would be no Deathwing. No Azshara. That's already two huge villains.
    Azshara was never relevant to any major plot in wow until 8.2 and deathwing was a major figure before he was lost to old god whispers anyways.

It's like trying to paint them as a major figure for Defias events... old god corruption and power moves resulting are too far removed to really push them as a major factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    he said BIGGEST villian in wow history, not the most powerful.....drain some of the hate so you can see clearly.....biggest means hes been behind most of the events that have happened in wow.....again for those in the back he never said STRONGEST he said BIGGEST....but then again, if he's the weakest, why is he one of if not the last one standing.....? hrmmmm makes you wonder.....
    But even that's not the case. Following that logic, the Void Lords are an even bigger villain because they created N'Zoth.

Kil'jaeden was an even bigger villain too, since he basically kickstarted the events of the RTS series and the TBC and Legion expansions.

Villains after Arthas have almost all been huge dissapointments. The game is to busy portraying all the heroes that we are left with one dimensional villains who should belong in Diablo 3. I didn't expect much for N'zoth's death, but I sure didn't expect them to rehash the freaking Deathwing death scene.

Old Gods don't truly die. They are dead but the universe where they go back when they die, makes them never dead.

Something like that.

N'zoth is the weakest one but also the first one we are defeating 'face to face'.

Azshara was never relevant to any major plot in wow until 8.2 and deathwing was a major figure before he was lost to old god whispers anyways.

It's like trying to paint them as a major figure for Defias events... old god corruption and power moves resulting are too far removed to really push them as a major factor.
    Vashj'ir? The capture of Neptulon? The Tidestone? Tomb of Sargeras?

Literally what are you talking about? Any time there was nagas, that was Azshara/N'zoth sending them there, besides maybe the few Illidan bossed around. And if you're going to try to say naga weren't a major threat, I don't know what more to say.

he said BIGGEST villian in wow history, not the most powerful.....
    Typically when i think "biggest" in this case I'd assume "plot relevant". N'zoth is directly linked to Azshara as far as can be confirmed and Deathwing (note Deathwing's association seems to largely develop after he'd already established his presence as deathwing). Alright that's 2 major storylines... are we now going to attribute ALL deathwing's prior actions to N'zoth as well when he wasn't going insane and rupturing from empowerment?
    drain some of the hate so you can see clearly.....
    It's not hate. disagreement isn't hate. a fact that seems to have been lost in recent years.
    biggest means hes been behind most of the events that have happened in wow.....
    again... I'm saying I don't believe the bold. Some want to say old god corruption is behind everything and cite N'zoth as the last one as proof? Well Y'sharjj has been dead since before the story began and was still fucking up Pandaria. C'thun was in a dead state as well being revived and still altering the physical region of southern kalimdor. I don't think N'zoth alone has really been attributed to be the singular purpose in any events except for Deathwings eventual psychotic deathspiral (post Cataclysm) and the creation of the Naga.

again for those in the back he never said STRONGEST he said BIGGEST....but then again, if he's the weakest, why is he one of if not the last one standing.....? hrmmmm makes you wonder.....
    Wonder what? he was beneath the threshold for the titans to care. Also again, full destruction of an old god entity does not remove their ability to affect change.