Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    We're making sure the market will have a horrible fiery crash.

Why are you asking?
    Could ya stop, please?

Some of us are trying to run stable economies, and ya ain't helping when doing stuff like this!
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

Man who just ordered assassination of a foreign national by drone says he deserves Nobel Peace Prize.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-51063149

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Man who just ordered assassination of a foreign national by drone says he deserves Nobel Peace Prize.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-51063149
    Why? He already won it. I mean, just look at how great he looks in his cover photo -

https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/art...e-14965138.php

That's not the only Nobel prize he claimed he should have won. He also took credit for the peace deal between Ethiopia and Eritrea and whined about not getting credit.

Problem is, there's no evidence that Trump himself played any role in this negotiation in the slightest. Ethiopia, whose Prime Minister won the award, was not pleased.

Yet again, Trump is trying to take credit for things that he had absolutely nothing to do with. And his followers just "listen and believe".

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...op-withdrawal/

Iraq wants us to leave the country and end one of the "forever wars".

The anti-forever war Trump administrations response? "Nah, we're cool staying here."

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/10/79521...-a-tragic-toll

Unsurprisingly, Donnie Jr. is boosting all of the trolls and conspiracy theories about the Australian wildfires primarily being the work of arson, not a result of climate change causing increasingly dry and dangerous conditions.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/travisakers/stat...95452004995073

A ringing endorsement for Trump from one of his supporters. He can't name a single thing that he's done well, but he supports him.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why? He already won it. I mean, just look at how great he looks in his cover photo -

Ya and look how thin he is almost like the body of a 17 year old girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

In the ongoing effort to demonstrate how "strong" the economy is, the Fed is going to keep pumping billions of cash until "at least April".

Also:
    The economy is so strong, it needs $1 trillion or more to have a stock market almost as good as Obama's.

We also have a job report, 145k this time and fewer than expected. For those of you playing the math game, 145k jobs/month would be Trump's promised 25 million jobs in only 14 years and change. More importantly, job growth, wage growth, and GDP growth are all slowing down heading into an election year.

30% gain in 2019, for which half was because of the 19% drop in dec 2018.....
    Without that massive drop he is sitting at 18% ish.

https://www.macrotrends.net/2481/sto...e-by-president

Overall performance Obama still has him beat:

Obama 57.9%
    Trump 45.8%

Obama 26.4% better

Sp500
    Obama 58.9%
    Trump 43.7%

Obama 34.78% better

The fed is pumping as much money at this point as they were at the height of the recession. This is a great economy???? Seems like a huge pump and dump happening on the markets right now.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Soleimani was, in fact, planning "imminent attacks." While Democrats and the media quibble over its definition, quick point: When Obama killed bin Laden, al-Awlaki and Gaddafi, without Congressional approval, there were NO "imminent attacks" and Democrats did not ask or care.

From Hogan Gidley, Deputy Assistant to the President & Principal Deputy Press Secretary.

Okay another idiot. First of all we were technically at war with Al Queda, but more importantly Bin Laden did attack us (twice). He is wrong on Gaddafi since the US didn't kill him. Gaddafi government was ousted by their own countrymen and they eventually found and killed Gaddafi.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/10/79521...-a-tragic-toll

Unsurprisingly, Donnie Jr. is boosting all of the trolls and conspiracy theories about the Australian wildfires primarily being the work of arson, not a result of climate change causing increasingly dry and dangerous conditions.
    The best part of this conspiracy theory is that it doesn't even fucking matter.

Climate change doesn't start fires, it just makes them worse by providing more fuel and better conditions for them to spread. Something else has to start them. Arson, lightning, malfunctioning electrical equipment, etc. It literally does not matter what starts the fire.

Why are these people so painfully stupid? They can't even come up with a conspiracy theory that actually makes sense ffs.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2020-01-10 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Soleimani was, in fact, planning "imminent attacks." While Democrats and the media quibble over its definition, quick point: When Obama killed bin Laden, al-Awlaki and Gaddafi, without Congressional approval, there were NO "imminent attacks" and Democrats did not ask or care.

From Hogan Gidley, Deputy Assistant to the President & Principal Deputy Press Secretary.

Okay another idiot. First of all we were technically at war with Al Queda, but more importantly Bin Laden did attack us (twice). He is wrong on Gaddafi since the US didn't kill him. Gaddafi government was ousted by their own countrymen and they eventually found and killed Gaddafi.
    Bin Laden - not a state-actor, and a known target since 2001. Head of Al Queda, who the AUMF was specifically passed to combat.
    al-Awlaki - also not a state-actor, though there are reasonable concerns/criticisms given that he was a US citizen. Also, since he was allegedly part of the core planners for Al Queda, clearly covered by the AUMF.
    Gadaffi - Nato-led coalition strikes, responding to atrocities committed by the Libyan government during the civil war. We didn't unilaterally do shit, and we didn't kill him.

Color me shocked that a White House official is lying through their teeth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    He is wrong on Gaddafi since the US didn't kill him.
    Also, when Gaddafi said "I am sending my military to murder civilians" the US wasn't the only country to respond. That attack wasn't just imminent, it was ongoing.

with the news about trump targeting a second iranian official, its more concrete proof that he was seeking a "wag the dog" moment.

and the majority of republicans stand by it. they are corrupt and an existential threat to this nation.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    with the news about trump targeting a second iranian official, its more concrete proof that he was seeking a "wag the dog" moment.

and the majority of republicans stand by it. they are corrupt and an existential threat to this nation.
    Given reports, it actually seems like this wasn't the primary motivation. If they're accurate, the primary motivation seemed to be to appease some very anti-Iran Republican Senators that Trump wanted to make sure were in his corner for the impeachment vote.

So not just a distraction for personal benefit, but a functional "bribe" for personal benefit.

Bin Laden - not a state-actor, and a known target since 2001. Head of Al Queda, who the AUMF was specifically passed to combat.
    al-Awlaki - also not a state-actor, though there are reasonable concerns/criticisms given that he was a US citizen. Also, since he was allegedly part of the core planners for Al Queda, clearly covered by the AUMF.
    Gadaffi - Nato-led coalition strikes, responding to atrocities committed by the Libyan government during the civil war. We didn't unilaterally do shit, and we didn't kill him.

Color me shocked that a White House official is lying through their teeth.
    Oh yeah forgot in my mention about al-Awlaki, but yes.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Not so nice MAGA jobs report today....trend continues....
    Be interesting to see if we get another 500k year reduction adjustment like last year.

Job market ends 2019 with disappointing 145,000 growth in payrolls

In addition to the slow payroll growth, average hourly earnings rose by just 2.9%, below the 3.1% projection

Here's the bigger issue points:

Job gains in December came primarily from retail (41,000), leisure and hospitality (40,000) and health care (28,000).

Construction rose by 20,000 and professional and business services saw an increase of 10,000, while manufacturing declined by 12,000, transportation and warehousing lost 10,000 and mining fell by 8,000.

A lot of lower paying jobs...lots....wasn't this this thing republicans cried about daily when better reports were given under Obama. They sure are quiet now....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

This is a very good read which helps put a finger on the problems with Rural America. I still know that the majority of them will vote for the current moron and their own best interests but they are fellow Americans none the less.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...?mod=home-page

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    This is a very good read which helps put a finger on the problems with Rural America. I still know that the majority of them will vote for the current moron and their own best interests but they are fellow Americans none the less.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...?mod=home-page
    Considering a lot of this information about the lack of access to health care and the expansive poverty in the South were summarily ignored/rejected after the UN inspector delivered his report, I imagine this will similarly fall upon deaf ears and, "It's all fine, you elitest liberal" mentalities.

Considering a lot of this information about the lack of access to health care and the expansive poverty in the South were summarily ignored/rejected after the UN inspector delivered his report, I imagine this will similarly fall upon deaf ears and, "It's all fine, you elitest liberal" mentalities.
    I am very sure it will sadly. The problem is that the Republican party of today has been corrupted by the Libertarian side of things so much so that anything that helps people is demonized. I think that these sorts of reports / journalism is that the majority do not see it since it is not broadcasted loud enough on the more popular networks. I tried explaining why poverty is overtly expensive and people looked at me like i had 4 heads, sadly this is the reality of the US currently.

Given reports, it actually seems like this wasn't the primary motivation. If they're accurate, the primary motivation seemed to be to appease some very anti-Iran Republican Senators that Trump wanted to make sure were in his corner for the impeachment vote.

So not just a distraction for personal benefit, but a functional "bribe" for personal benefit.
    the iran hawks are also eager for war. the talk of a "unifying moment" is what raised my suspicions. but i could be reading too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    the iran hawks are also eager for war. the talk of a "unifying moment" is what raised my suspicions. but i could be reading too much into it.
    Well, they sure seem to have unified Iran. So...mission accomplished?