10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Was Banjo a meme character? He just seemed like a good fit to me.
    Maybe not Banjo himself, but he was always at the top of the meme lists.
    Having 1 OK character out of 20 shouldn't validate those lists, but it did sadly.

Im holding out hope for sora in the next pass.

im not sure who else i would want personally. im going to assume most of the next pass will be 3rd party tie ins as well and at least 1 being one of the new pokemon.

maybe rillabroom since they tend to go for starters and we got greninja and incineroar so we are missing a grass. or maybe one of the new legends from the expansion pass like the new kung fu bear

i would like to see something monstery instead of humanoid as a change of pace. maybe a monster hunter monster? or they could pick a pokemon thats not a starter
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Of all FE characters they could have picked for Smash, the picked... Byleth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes they picked the main character of the newest fire emblem. Like all the others going back to melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoes mad, but honestly sword characters are my favorite to play. I'm glad people get characters like Banjo and Terry but I would never actually play them in any serious way.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Hoes mad, but honestly sword characters are my favorite to play. I'm glad people get characters like Banjo and Terry but I would never actually play them in any serious way.
    Aye, I like sword characters too. I'd love it if Katalina could make it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yes they picked the main character of the newest fire emblem. Like all the others going back to melee.
    I mean the only oddballs are Chrom and Lucina who are both echo fighters for the most part, Chroms just Ike/Marth/Roy(?) combine. /shrug

And I highly doubt an echo fighter as DLC would go well

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean the only oddballs are Chrom and Lucina who are both echo fighters for the most part, Chroms just Ike/Marth/Roy(?) combine. /shrug

i think it would go extremely well as long as it wasnt included as one of the "pass" characters.

look at how many people were hyped for sans and now cuphead. theyre essentially echo fighter dlc considering theyre actual model changes and not your standard mii costumes
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    You mean they picked the main character of the latest FE game to put into Smash?

LIKE NO WAY BRO, this only happened with like every other FE character in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think it would go extremely well as long as it wasnt included as one of the "pass" characters.

look at how many people were hyped for sans and now cuphead. theyre essentially echo fighter dlc considering theyre actual model changes and not your standard mii costumes
    Working on the assumption that it's through the pass though, since that's the only way they've actually added real DLC characters that weren't just costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    I'm just still confused as to why anyone ever thought it would be Dante.
    I haven't seen any explanation what he could possibly have to do with the number three which was honestly the prime and center hint that they gave out.
    As for Byleth him-/herself, not much of a surprise honestly. They were undoubtedly gonna get added in at some point.

Capcom kinda dropped a few hints....

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2020/...range-comment/

So there was that

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Just what this game needed. Another generic blue haired weeb trash Fire Emblem swordfighter. e_e

If it had to be a FE character and one from 3H, it should have been Edelgard. Too many sword characters, she could have been a slower, axe / magic user.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    If it had to be a FE character and one from 3H, it should have been Edelgard. Too many sword characters, she could have been a slower, axe / magic user.
    But if we'd gotten Edelgard, we'd have to get the other 2 (3?) aswell, since every house focuses on their respective leader, that would be 3 characters from a single game already.
    Byleth using the weapon of each is the best way to do it. Having the sword as the default and the different relics for the various attacks, also means none of the houses are the "main" one

as someone who doesnt even own smash, this whole drama is delicious

keep it up

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed Fire Emblem Three Houses, but the DLC isn't doing anything for me. The game was so embarrassingly easy by say 1/4 into it, I just just powered through the last 3/4 and haven't thought about it since.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I enjoyed Fire Emblem Three Houses, but the DLC isn't doing anything for me. The game was so embarrassingly easy by say 1/4 into it, I just just powered through the last 3/4 and haven't thought about it since.
    Maddening mode exists now and you definitely didn't power through that. Same turn reinforcements do a lot to counter the broken shit in three houses that made hard easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    They where never going to make it one of the lords because they would have to do all 3 or people would bitch even more then they currently are. Also Byleth has a bow, an Axe and a Spear so why do people keep acting like it's just another sword user?

15+ Year Old Account
    By all means, continue

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of not powering through Maddening, there's a paralogue in the DLC they've put out so far that has waves of bow knights coming in as ambush spawns, from all directions of the map.

They can cover like a third of the map from the direction they're entering with that attack range, before you're given a chance to react.

Shit is so cancerous it's right up there with maps such as Clash! on maniac mode in the Japanese version of FE9.