Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    --Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas

My concern, however, is that Netanyahu, also desperate to deflect from the crimes he's being indicted for, shrugs and says "Well we tried, LEEROOOOOOOI SCHMUCKINS" and zergs the West Bank.

With Trump's blessing.

Because I have the increasing feeling Trump still wants that war, and the US curb-stomping Palestine would actually be one he could win by November, while shedding crocodile tears of "Well they had their chance, I gave them the bigliest deal ever, I weep for those children whose lives I objectively ended only without dog cages this time", flies a MISSION ACCOMPLISHED banner and is greeted in rally after rally by thunderous applause by his best supporters and their white hoods.
    @Skroe might disagree about attacking Iran, but I haven't heard his opinion on this yet. If Israel just up and attacks Palestinian settlements filled with unarmed civilians, what will Trump do?
    Thank you for your posts. I have been away from current events for about a week or so, and as usual the best way to get up to speed is to come here and read your posts. And I really really like the fact that when I DO fact check your posts, they turn out to be 100% accurate. Actually, it makes more sense to use your posts to fact check mainstream media sources rather than vica versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    it makes more sense to use your posts to fact check mainstream media sources rather than vica versa.
    For the love of God, please don't do that. You'll end up at a dinner party saying "And I have it on good authority that Pence plays Destiny 2 and that Graham's wife is doing something scaaAAaandalous, ah hah hah, ah hah."

Eddie Gallagher is back in the news, this time releasing information on those who testified against him which could put these active duty members of the Navy SEALs in danger.

Retired Navy SEAL Edward Gallagher, who was acquitted of brutal war crimes, posted a video on Facebook and Instagram on Monday, labeling his former teammates "cowards."

"For those who have and continue to slander my name, the truth is coming," he said.

The video features clips of Navy investigators interviewing platoon members, who testified against him, and discloses their names, faces, and statuses in the SEAL teams.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/cowards-e...215212919.html

Fucking. Train. Wreck.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...992248322?s=20

Listen to the FOX "News" person laughing in the background. See how fast they cut away after this mental collapse happened.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-01-29 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Fucking. Train. Wreck.

Listen to the FOX "News" person laughing in the background. See how fast they cut away after this mental collapse happened.
    Need a like button. Also I bet Trump will be pissed that someone at FOX “news” laughed at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Fucking. Train. Wreck.

Crimin#&1*_8?<~Ls

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Eddie Gallagher is back in the news, this time releasing information on those who testified against him which could put these active duty members of the Navy SEALs in danger.

The truth is coming? From who? Cuz he doesn't sound like the bastion of truth he claims to be. He sounds just like Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    Need a like button. Also I bet Trump will be pissed that someone at FOX “news” laughed at him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Crimin#&1*_8?<~Ls
    Ayep, regardless of the result of this Senate "trial" the SOTU is going to be fucking hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Who cares about that plan.

As Israeli myself, people have 0 illusions about this plan here - it's not something that Palestinians will ever accept, so for all I care - they just made some photos and spoke big words all about nothing there in Washington.

This literally does not matter, tbh, at least Bennet has balls to say what he thinks about it as opposed to Netanyahu and bunch of others who know full well they don't even need to voice their displeasure with various parts there, because Palestinians will do all the work of sinking it for them anyway.

You think Netanyahu and Gantz really want this plan? Ha ha, funny. Like... maaaaaaybe Gantz, but Netanyahu with his religious zealot allies? Yeah, nope. He will hail it to no end, just to please his pal in WH and to have an opportunity to say "well, I tried, but the other side just screwed it all", safely knowing that this "plan" is dead on arrival anyway.

All in all, Palestinians are about to lose big time - them rejecting it outright is a big mistake and it will cost them, but I don't really give a diddly squat there anyway. This shit will keep going for hundreds of years anyway.
    This so called ''peace'' plan is perfect for warmongers in Israel.
    You get all of the land and control you want over the Palestinians and you don't allow them to be a sovereign state.
    Seems perfect for the likes of Netanyahu who start a conflict every time he is up for election. This way you can ''argue'' with other like minded warmongers that you achieved ''peace''.

What a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    we should just tell the palestinians to take it if they want it, and never stick our nose back into the issue.

sometimes he's such a puppet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post

Am I supposed to be shocked that a violent psychopath is a violent psychopath? Trump pardoning for his crimes just emboldened him and unfortunately said pardon will create more monsters like Gallagher who will go unpunished by military prosecutors so long as Trump is in office for fear of Trump ruining their careers because the monsters told a sob story on Faux News.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    I read this Axios article about what's now more and more sarcastically called "Trump's peace plan". Based on this, now that I'm done shitting on the results, rather than flush and walk away, I should turn around and piss on it.

1) This is just what Netanyahu wanted, which in turn is just what Trump wanted: a reason to begin a military conflict to resist being pulled from power because of all that stuff he did.

2) Axios says Netanyahu, by virtue of being directly told it was okay by Trump, is prepared to go ahead with the West Bank annexations which Palestine has not agreed to as early as Sunday. Regardless of the obvious tragedy of throwing people out of their homes by force, if only one person signs the contract, it's not a contract. It's a wish list.

But what such a green light will do, is give Netanyahu more power amongst the increasingly right-wing Israeli voters, who will see uniformed soldiers hurling unarmed brown people over a Wall and cheer for more.

3) The Palestinians have been given peace plans before in which they kept all of the West Bank, not the currently offered 70%. They rejected all of those. There is zero reason to believe they'll accept this one.

4) Here's the big one: Trump basically ruined everything by the embassy move. That's still not in dispute, just ask the Palestinians. Thing is, that move is reversible. In 20201 President Warren could say "that was stupid, move it back" and thusly it would be so. Annexing West Bank settlements is far harder to undo. Even though the US is now firmly in the category of "countries who unilaterally break treaties and expect everyone else to agree to that", telling Israel in a year "you have to move back out and return those houses you burned and bulldozed" will be met with a firm "no" and probably a middle finger. If annexations go forward as basically everyone says they will, even though (again) Palestine didn't sign that shit, it's pretty much irreversible. Like my raincoat.

It should be noted that Trump has already touted his great success (lol) by saying no other administration came close to this. He's right: no other administration came up with a peace plan that just gave Israel everything, then called it a day. No other administration would have called that a deal. That's like, I dunno, hiring workers for a contractually agreed upon fee, then not paying them.

5) And finally, considering that Israel is probably just going to follow the part of Trump's deal that benefit them whether anyone else signs or not, the end result will be the Palestinians and, likely, an increasingly large number of their Syrian, Iranian, Yemeni and Iraqi friends, engaging in "protests" so vigorous you'll see the smoke and hear the blasts from the EU.

This was never a peace plan. This is going to have the opposite effect. And Trump will give that stupid smile and wave a blank sheet of paper while people die because of his words and actions.

I read this Axios article about what's now more and more sarcastically called "Trump's peace plan". Based on this, now that I'm done shitting on the results, rather than flush and walk away, I should turn around and piss on it.

1) This is just what Netanyahu wanted, which in turn is just what Trump wanted: a reason to begin a military conflict to resist being pulled from power because of all that stuff he did.

2) Axios says Netanyahu, by virtue of being directly told it was okay by Trump, is prepared to go ahead with the West Bank annexations which Palestine has not agreed to as early as Sunday. Regardless of the obvious tragedy of throwing people out of their homes by force, if only one person signs the contract, it's not a contract. It's a wish list.

But what such a green light will do, is give Netanyahu more power amongst the increasingly right-wing Israeli voters, who will see uniformed soldiers hurling unarmed brown people over a Wall and cheer for more.

3) The Palestinians have been given peace plans before in which they kept all of the West Bank, not the currently offered 70%. They rejected all of those. There is zero reason to believe they'll accept this one.

4) Here's the big one: Trump basically ruined everything by the embassy move. That's still not in dispute, just ask the Palestinians. Thing is, that move is reversible. In 20201 President Warren could say "that was stupid, move it back" and thusly it would be so. Annexing West Bank settlements is far harder to undo. Even though the US is now firmly in the category of "countries who unilaterally break treaties and expect everyone else to agree to that", telling Israel in a year "you have to move back out and return those houses you burned and bulldozed" will be met with a firm "no" and probably a middle finger. If annexations go forward as basically everyone says they will, even though (again) Palestine didn't sign that shit, it's pretty much irreversible. Like my raincoat.

It should be noted that Trump has already touted his great success (lol) by saying no other administration came close to this. He's right: no other administration came up with a peace plan that just gave Israel everything, then called it a day. No other administration would have called that a deal. That's like, I dunno, hiring workers for a contractually agreed upon fee, then not paying them.

5) And finally, considering that Israel is probably just going to follow the part of Trump's deal that benefit them whether anyone else signs or not, the end result will be the Palestinians and, likely, an increasingly large number of their Syrian, Iranian, Yemeni and Iraqi friends, engaging in "protests" so vigorous you'll see the smoke and hear the blasts from the EU.

This was never a peace plan. This is going to have the opposite effect. And Trump will give that stupid smile and wave a blank sheet of paper while people die because of his words and actions.
    He is just basically backing Netanyahu, so Netanyahu will get re-elected so he doesn't go to jail, even though he was just formally indicted what? 2 days ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    Embassy move is just noise, really. It did not fuck up anything and it's merely a statement of a fact on the ground.

Palestinians really fucked it up back in the beginning of 2000s when they were given almost everything they wanted on the table and chose to spurn it all.

Time literally works against them, because two decades down the road their position is weaker, they are divided and they can only dream of getting anything close to what was offered 20 years ago.

Israel will annex what it has to annex already and will deal with outcome just fine. Nobody is going to wait for Palestinians to fix their own shit forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Embassy move is just noise, really. It did not fuck up anything
    Just so we're clear: this move is what caused the Palestinians to walk away from anything Trump proposed. Trump said "the Palestinians do not get Jerusalem" which was the whole point. It only "did not fuck up anything" if you've already decided the Israelis win everything. Which, again, is not a deal, peace or otherwise.

What you're describing is not peace. It is conquering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just so we're clear: this move is what caused the Palestinians to walk away from anything Trump proposed. Trump said "the Palestinians do not get Jerusalem" which was the whole point. It only "did not fuck up anything" if you've already decided the Israelis win everything. Which, again, is not a deal, peace or otherwise.

What you're describing is not peace. It is conquering.
    Please...

The move did not cause Palestinians to walk away. It was just a convenient pretext for them to do so.

They were not interested in dealing with administration in a first place and that was just a convenient excuse to toss everything as intended.

This is the reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were not interested in dealing with administration in a first place and that was just a convenient excuse to toss everything as intended.
    This is the last I'll smash your talking points flat debate the matter: you're trying to say the Palestinians hated Trump so much, it didn't matter what Trump said.

1) This is a lot like saying "minorities don't trust the police already, so it doesn't matter if the police murder unarmed minorities, because they already didn't trust them". It's so wrong it's farcical.

2) Saying "they didn't trust Trump from the get-go" is not the defense of your point you think it is.

I'll leave the BBC to grind what's left of your argument into powder while I go get donuts and coffee. You'll find it engaging, because your talking points seem to mirror Trump's exactly, while what's happened since seems to dismantle those points bit by bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the last I'll smash your talking points flat debate the matter: you're trying to say the Palestinians hated Trump so much, it didn't matter what Trump said.

1) This is a lot like saying "minorities don't trust the police already, so it doesn't matter if the police murder unarmed minorities, because they already didn't trust them". It's so wrong it's farcical.

2) Saying "they didn't trust Trump from the get-go" is not the defense of your point you think it is.

I'll leave the BBC to grind what's left of your argument into powder while I go get donuts and coffee. You'll find it engaging, because your talking points seem to mirror Trump's exactly, while what's happened since seems to dismantle those points bit by bit.
    The reality is that Palestinians are not some dumb morons you assume they are, they knew full well that this administration would not cuddle them as much as alternative one would.

It's not "blind hatred" or shit like that, it's a simple 1+1 calculation and embassy was just a convenient way out for them without looking like they are the party who sank the whole thing.

Ultimately, I believe it goes against their interests, because it is a time waste they can't afford, simply becuase time works in Israel's favor, but I guess they banked on democratic win in 2020 and were ready to make the sacrifice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Democrats, in the ongoing effort to kick Trump while he's downed himself, are working on their own Infrastructure Week.

There are no Nazis in it.

To continue my increasingly tortured sequel analogy, this is a reboot. Details are few at this stage, but, this appears to be another Democrat move towards "Trump failed, we're going to actually make progress" hammering yet more nails into what's intended to be a 2020 coffin.

- - - Updated - - -

"When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other."

Rep. Doug Collins fires back at head of Senate GOP's campaign arm: 'Fake news'

I am not making this headline up, but I am clarifying which Collins it is.

NRSC Executive Director Kevin McLaughlin slammed Collins for announcing his candidacy for the Senate seat on Wednesday. “The shortsightedness in this decision is stunning,” he said, adding, “Doug Collins’ selfishness will hurt [Sen.] David Perdue, Kelly Loeffler, and President Trump. Not to mention the people of Georgia who stand to bear the burden of it for years to come. All he has done is put two senate seats, multiple house seats, and Georgia’s 16 electoral votes in play."

Rep. Doug Collins (R-Ga.) fired back at the director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) for criticizing the congressman over his newly-launched Senate bid against GOP Sen. Kelly Loeffler (Ga.).

“Don't be ridiculous, this is FAKE NEWS coming from the head of a Washington-based group whose bylaws require him to support all incumbents, even unelected ones,” Collins tweeted Wednesday.
    Congratulations, Republican Party, now the Party of Trump. I hope this is exactly what you hoped you were getting into when you decided to side with a failed TV game show host.

Embassy move is just noise, really. It did not fuck up anything and it's merely a statement of a fact on the ground.

Palestinians really fucked it up back in the beginning of 2000s when they were given almost everything they wanted on the table and chose to spurn it all.
    I vividly recall a cartoon of Arafat with a scornful face, the pattern of his headgear being made up of tiny "NO"s.