Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Mehrunes is arguing like mad..... But the hord still lost twice.
    Well, the funny part is that for some reason, Sylvanas's loyalists apparently had a bit of the upper hand right before the Mak'gora- Anduin even makes a point of saying they might be the only force capable of opposing N'zoth, somehow. It's supposedly not a SoO situation where Garrosh was backed by nobody but hardline Orcs and goblin mercenaries.

This happening not too long after Nathanos claims the Alliance is weeks away from winning against the entire Horde, and after a war that has been marked by a long succession of disasters for the Horde after Teldrassil. We lost the Undercity, both Warfronts, our War Campaign led absolutely nowhere, and we lost the Battle of Dazar'alor as well, AND had a rebellion. But somehow, after all this a part of the Horde is the match of another part of the Horde plus the Alliance.

Then again, the Alliance was still on a solid war footing right after a cinematic has Genn claim that they're down to sending peasants to the frontlines, so we can just chalk it up to the entire war making no sense whatsoever.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    It's amazing how all of you blizz shills can't bring a single proof or example of this supposed mundane way of boosting catapults being mentionned before .

- - - Updated - - -

Sshhh , they're top secret !
    You must be aware that any use of magic has to show up for the first time some where right? We have a crap ton of precedents for different uses of these magics as felplague laid out just because a story didn’t use a magic before doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

This has nothing to do with blizzard it’s just how magic in all writer works. Unless your starting at the birth of a magic system there is gonna be uses for it you didn’t see the origin of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The Blood Oath of the Horde literally calls the members of the Horde tools of Warchief's desire. There is no requirement for Warchief's actions to "serve the Horde", the power of Warchief has no limits whatsoever. And not giving a fuck about something does not constitute treason.
    there was NEVER even once in history a country that decide that a leader can do anything to it even fuck it for his own benefit, a leader is elected - be given absolute power or not - to serve country, even the most evil tyrant like Hitler actually did what he belief is right
    Sylvanas from day 1 never cared about horde, even if warchief position is tyrannical (which oppose most of wow history i first place) it still should be about horde, for her it was a tool like toilet paper just different name
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You must be aware that any use of magic has to show up for the first time some where right? We have a crap ton of precedents for different uses of these magics as felplague laid out just because a story didn’t use a magic before doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

This has nothing to do with blizzard it’s just how magic in all writer works. Unless your starting at the birth of a magic system there is gonna be uses for it you didn’t see the origin of.
    So what is it , between "it was used before all the time , it was just never mentionned" and "first time for everything even tho such a good tactic would deserve a mention in game "

In any case , you can't find a single mention of this stuff even tho it can revolutionize war as the WoW verse know it(taking azeroth's map and comparing it to our real world scale , the distance between dark shore and teldrassil would be around 200-300 kilometers , having catapults capable of casually reaching such distance is insane , not to mention setting teldrassil on fire in a couple of second despite the three massive size) .

Because guess what , that excuse"MUHGIC" was made up in a hurry when they realized they fucked up the scales in the cinematic .
    Last edited by naeblis495; 2020-02-02 at 08:58 AM.

So what is it , between "it was used before all the time , it was just never mentionned" and "first time for everything even tho such a good tactic would deserve a mention in game "

In any case , you can't find a single mention of this stuff even tho it can revolutionize war as the WoW verse know it(taking azeroth's map and comparing it to our real world scale , the distance between dark shore and teldrassil would be around 200-300 kilometers , having catapults capable of casually reaching such distance is insane , not to mention setting teldrassil on fire in a couple of second despite the three massive size) .

Because guess what , that excuse"MUHGIC" was made up in a hurry when they realized they fucked up the scales in the cinematic .
    The funny thing is that not even Archimonde that was able to topple cities with his magic was able to burn the World Tree and he had better arsenal at his disposal with Fel Fire Weapons but when it comes to the Horde suddenly catapults have range of an S-400 and little pellets are able to set a Magical Tree blessed by two Aspects on the water on Fire. I wonder why it never happened again if it was that easy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Except for the part where their counterpush after Varian and Worgen already left managed to roll back any gains the Horde made in the area.

key point here, varian and worgens, elves alone can do shit, thats why they didn't in mop

and Varian with most of the alliance forces were in pandaria
    Despite the fact that the Horde actually kept the area reinforced. With more than Warsong Clan. And there's this thing called "a shoreline" that the Night Elven territory had, that would allow them to get reinforced by the rest of the Alliance. The more you know.
    yet, the horde was still there till this very day

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    The funny thing is that not even Archimonde that was able to topple cities with his magic was able to burn the World Tree and he had better arsenal at his disposal with Fel Fire Weapons but when it comes to the Horde suddenly catapults have range of an S-400 and little pellets are able to set a Magical Tree blessed by two Aspects on the water on Fire. I wonder why it never happened again if it was that easy.
    Exactly ; it's retarded and anyone who defend this shit accord no importance to coherence . Being alliance or horde have nothing to do with it , it's stupid in both cases because blizzard can't be bothered with thinking two seconds in advance .

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine playing a game like World of Warcraft and being angry/shocked over the answer to something lorewise being "Magic helped"

fucking lol

Open portals to other dimensions/planes of existence with magic? Totes normal!
    Using magic to fly/warp time/summon creatures/create food and water out of thin air? Fine!
    Literally invoking the power of ancient deities to smite your enemies? But of course!

But magicking a catapult to shoot farther with enhanced magic ammo? PREPOSTEROUS, COMPLETELY UNBELIEVABLE THIS GAME HAS JUMPED THE SHARK
    Last edited by Phookah; 2020-02-02 at 12:09 PM.

Do you know that you are trying to seek logic in game where you can cast pyroblasts underwater?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing how all of you blizz shills can't bring a single proof or example of this supposed mundane way of boosting catapults being mentionned before .

- - - Updated - - -

Sshhh , they're top secret !
    Were you the same you saw a fireball the first time too?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    In "A Good War" it was stated that the catapults were enhanced by magic from both Horde mages and shamans to increase their range and destructive powers.
    Storytelling that relies on outside media to fill in the gaps is my favourite kind of storytelling.

As a writer, I understand the problems all too well concerning power creep and writing yourself into a corner. This is a game where one race has a literal spaceship that has a light powered plasma canon. Sadly for the night elves I guess it was maintenance day or something because it never arrived.

Nor did it arrive during the battle for Undercity. Nor did it arrive at any other time in the story. Over powered catapults are the least of Blizzard's problems.

This elephant in the room could have been avoided by simply having Sargeras damage the Vindicaar on it's way home instead of whiffing. The Vindicaar is able to crash land but it will not fly again without extensive repair. This way the ship is taken out of the fight and it gives Sylvanas one more reason for launching her attack sooner than later.

I think the problem with Blizzard writing is there are too many chefs in the kitchen. The writer's room is full of people who each have their own idea of how the story should go. They also have their pet projects and characters. They don't think far enough down the line about how decisions now will impact us later nor are they willing to jettison their own individual contributions for the good of the story. I think this is how BfA became so convoluted. Too many people with too many ideas and no one to tell them 'no, this is dumb'.

Lastly, writing for an mmo is harder than people think. The story is dripped out so slowly over patch cycles that some lose interest or have a hard time connecting one section to another. Additionally, the story has to be condensed into quest lines that are fun and interesting but not too long to become tedious. Not to mention nothing can ever truly destroy a faction or a race because people are invested in their characters. Blizzard will not allow one faction to win. They can't. No business is going to alienate half it's customers and expect to survive. Because of this we are locked in this cycle of no winners and no losers and no one feeling very good about any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Were you the same you saw a fireball the first time too?
    No, my 4 years old self didn't question much the why , how or what .

But since then , i have grown , gained knowledge,experience ect . You , on the other hand , didn't .

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-02-02 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    No, my 4 years old self didn't question much the why , how or what .

But since then , i have grown , gained knowledge,experience ect . You , on the other hand , didn't .
    Funny, you still sound like a 4year old to me.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-02-02 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Funny, you still sound like a 4year old to me.
    i would still like to hear a single argument coming from you but i don't really expect much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using magic for Catapaults is somehow absurd? Wut did you forget we have a giant ass sword in the planet? I mean come on..... Its like people think Warcraft is realistic as game of thrones. >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Using magic for Catapaults is somehow absurd? Wut did you forget we have a giant ass sword in the planet? I mean come on..... Its like people think Warcraft is realistic as game of thrones. >.>
    The point is not that it is absurd .

The point is that it's was never mentioned/used before or after and that the single time it is mentionned/used, it's mentionned as if it's something mundane rather than something completly war changing ,(catapults having a range of hundreds of kilometers capable of shotting projectiles that can burn a gigantic tree in seconds .) and that it's was done to cover up blizz 's mistake of poor respect of the lore distance during the cinematic.
    Last edited by naeblis495; 2020-02-02 at 03:40 PM.

Have you seen the crossover episode of WoW and Avatar? Me neither.
    What's your point? Either way, it's completely beside the point you're arguing against.

The act of magically enhancing siege weaponry in a fantasy story/game can hardly be called far-fetched or 'too low'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    If that is the explanation, the usage of catapults kinda feels superfluous. Why infuse a sword with the power of a pyroblast instead of directly casting the damn thing lol
    Because casting the thing evidently takes a while, and infusing your sword with the power of it will (read: should) considerably increase the damage you do with it consistently / until depleted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Dont worry about him, hes literally spamming for pages how it is absurd, meanwhile we travel thru time and space, kill gods and titans, raise the dead, etc etc. BUT WIND ON ROCKS TO MAKE EM FLY FURTHER IS ABSURD!

Dont worry about him, hes literally spamming for pages how it is absurd, meanwhile we travel thru time and space, kill gods and titans, raise the dead, etc etc. BUT WIND ON ROCKS TO MAKE EM FLY FURTHER IS ABSURD!
    The issue is that it is not mentioned in game but in an outside media published after the event was released in the game. So it is obvious they tried to damage control the thing.