7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Pro Horde doesn't mean pro Sylvanas, especially not now. Don't know him well enough, but he doesn't strike me as a Sylvanas apologist.

Sylvanas and/or the Jailor might think they're the good guys with goals that justify the means, but they go way too far (just telling from what we even know)
    Sylvanas isn't a Garrosh copy. She's an Arthas copy, being played by the big bad to commit atrocities and led down a dark path.
    He was a Sylvi apologist, coming up with more or less dumb theories to excuse her actions. But then Teldrassil happened. And now I can actually see a rise of her fanboys with talks about how she will "save us all".
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-02-11 at 03:44 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    At least it cuts out the most egregious part, that of going through several timelines randomly. Going to Outland after Northrend and the game not acting like anything is wrong. Seeing Garrosh be a terrible Warchief when the Horde is currently ruled by a council twice removed from Garrosh. Or killing those daastardly Dark Iron Dwarves as our first steps as a fully fledged Dark Iron Dwarf adventurer.

When a new character is made now you start in some nebulous time off the coast of Drustvar. Then go through the story of BfA, then right into Shadowlands.
    Or if you are creating an alt. Time Travelling to different eras in the past wholly disconencted from your own where things are definitely in the past. Like Varian being alive, or Garrosh being Warchief.
    Hell yeah, it finally detaches and sorta organizes the timeline. Especially since it's been so many years since those expansions and a lot of stuff has changed. I'm actually excited myself to utilize the new tutorial area (bye bye forced Worgen zone and Panda zone!!!) because it actually feels like they took a page out of a Dungeons and Dragons tutorial with the whole 'at the end you'll get a group to go fight an ogre necromancer/wizard' bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Hell yeah, it finally detaches and sorta organizes the timeline. Especially since it's been so many years since those expansions and a lot of stuff has changed. I'm actually excited myself to utilize the new tutorial area (bye bye forced Worgen zone and Panda zone!!!) because it actually feels like they took a page out of a Dungeons and Dragons tutorial with the whole 'at the end you'll get a group to go fight an ogre necromancer/wizard' bit.
    So what you're saying is.... a Ogre Wizard did it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So, Towelliee just said on his stream that he can 100% confirm the alpha won't be released in the next couple of weeks, and he thinks the weeks of March 10 or 17 are the most likely.
    Last edited by Rae888; 2020-02-11 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    So, Towelliee just said on his stream that he can 100% confirm the alpha won't be released in the next couple of weeks, and he thinks the weeks of March 10 or 17 are the most likely.
    So much for the "alpha has already started" rumors. Does anyone have some numbers how long it usually takes from alpha til release?

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Best part about SL is that it solves this problem.

https://i.imgur.com/CyX6AdI.png
    Yes. This was always so annoying.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    So much for the "alpha has already started" rumors. Does anyone have some numbers how long it usually takes from alpha til release?
    BfA was like early Feb for a mid august release, so expect September for a March alpha. Of course that's largely dependent on what is or isn't finished. BfA had a lot of secondary systems that were slow to release and implement (Warfronts, Islands, Azerite, etc.) SL is much more about changes to the baseline. So who knows. August-October.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    He was a Sylvi apologist, coming up with more or less dumb theories to excuse her actions. But then Teldrassil happened. And now I can actually see a rise of her fanboys with talks about how she will "save us all".
    I don't care if she will "save us all". I just want to follow Dark Lady and hopefully slay some tauren and night elves.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    And his source is?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

And his source is?
    The guy has friends at Blizz and is usually fairly accurate about this stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    August-October.
    Ima say they won't do August for Shadowlands. I'm thinking Sept or October. If October it may be early Oct.

Ima say they won't do August for Shadowlands. I'm thinking Sept or October. If October it may be early Oct.
    That'd also be my bet. Late October is also a possibility, have the first raid open the week after Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh.. I think August seems possible October seems... a bit cynical to be honest.

Not impossible, just I think extremely unlikely. Emphasis on not impossible.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-02-11 at 10:30 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    They have sat on the WQ system for 2 expansions now. It needs re-iteration and improvement. Something that it got NONE of going into BfA.
    funny how in one post you say they shouldnt change anything from wotlk bcs it worked, and then you say they should change something, bcs its around for 2 expansion... and hey, objectively WQs ARE improvement of dailies...
    problem with designing of new featuers is you cant really know if people will like them BEFORE releasing them, so until they can predict the future they pretty much have to try, or keep things as they are and let wow wither and die...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    funny how in one post you say they shouldnt change anything from wotlk bcs it worked, and then you say they should change something, bcs its around for 2 expansion... and hey, objectively WQs ARE improvement of dailies...
    problem with designing of new featuers is you cant really know if people will like them BEFORE releasing them, so until they can predict the future they pretty much have to try, or keep things as they are and let wow wither and die...
    Some systems work.

Some are incredibly low effort, over used garbage. The entirety of their world content consists of rares, chests and WQs. That's it.

I don't see how this is hard for you to understand.

Shadowlands won't be here before September because the cloak's corruption resistance maximum level's ending in 8 of september.

Some systems work.

Some are incredibly low effort, over used garbage. The entirety of their world content consists of rares, chests and WQs. That's it.

back in wotlk ,world content consisted of daily quests, and that was it... so those "low effort, garbage systems" still seems like massive improvement... sure, they could improve it more, try something new, but thats exactly what you were complaining they do, change something that works... so make up your mind about what they should do...

sure we all want only GOOD systems ingame (which in itself is stupid as people have vastly different opinions on everything), but as i said, unless they employ clairvoyant people, they cant possibly determine whether people will like the system or not before actualy putting it ingame... some ideas might look great on paper, but in game they feel shitty...

She's a fictional character. Lets calm down with the idea that liking her is some how actually morally wrong

Some systems work.

That's not exactly limiting, given that WQs can be just about anything, and pretty much anything can be made into a WQ. There's even WQs for rares and chests.

So the only overused garbage i'm seeing here is your complaint, because you're ultimately just ranting at random stuff without making any attempt at figuring out what you're actually having issues with. In addition to lying about it, because they've been iterating on the WQ system ever since it was introduced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    She's a fictional character. Lets calm down with the idea that liking her is some how actually morally wrong
    There's a difference between liking a character and claiming their actions were perfectly acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I don't have any horse in that race, but it's not quite that simple. I like Sauron but I don't try to justify his actions.