Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    It is Nvidia live service that you can use to play your Steam or Battlenet (oh wait...) games on their superb pcs for ~6 euros/dolars a month. Something similar to infamous Stadia from Google. It recently left beta testing or something.
    More info here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/
    Ahh.. Basically, a Citrix client for games..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Well, it's against the ToS to play WoW (and probably other Activision/Blizzard Games) via 3th party cloud streaming services. The reason here is account sharing and competitive integrity. Blizzard wouldn't be able to tell if it's you who is playing your account or someone from the other side of the world. I know it's bullshit and I would like to see nvidia and activision/blizzard to work something out, since - like it or not - cloud streaming is pretty much the future... but I have low hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by xalcon View Post
    Well, it's against the ToS to play WoW (and probably other Activision/Blizzard Games) via 3th party cloud streaming services. The reason here is account sharing and competitive integrity. Blizzard wouldn't be able to tell if it's you who is playing your account or someone from the other side of the world. I know it's bullshit and I would like to see nvidia and activision/blizzard to work something out, since - like it or not - cloud streaming is pretty much the future... but I have low hopes.
    Not only this, but also botting, as it's impossible to detect botting when it's done with a streaming service as a proxy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

You can get a PC capable of running all Blizzard games for probably $400-$500. If you can afford the several thousand dollarprice tag for a Mac, you can easily afford a top of the line pc , or at a bare minimum a cheap ass $500 one that is probably chump change to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Not only this, but also botting, as it's impossible to detect botting when it's done with a streaming service as a proxy.
    Yet, there was no issue causing the games to be pulled over the 2+ years the games were being played on the GeForce Now beta? Only now?
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2020-02-12 at 08:31 AM.

If its against the ToS like a few people have said, why allow it on Geforce in the first place??
    Last edited by Stormgrip; 2020-02-12 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Yet, there was no issue over the 2+ years the games were being played on the GeForce Now beta? Only now?
    .. but there was a bannwave nearly 2 years ago. Man this shit is forbidden since it came out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...scloud_gaming/

I have used GeForce Now, mainly playing wow, and it is not working anymore. It's a great time to unsubscribe

Yet, there was no issue causing the games to be pulled over the 2+ years the games were being played on the GeForce Now beta? Only now?
    Probably as someone said earlier, Google Stadia made a bid for their services. Dont act like if you got offered more money for the same sort of thing by a rival company you wouldnt at least consider it.
    Now time will tell what the real reason was, but regardless Activision owns their IP, and any negative PR that may or may not be caused by these services will be worn by them and not Nvidia. If Nvidia failed to address some issues Activision had in regards to safety/account security etc, makes sense to pull it until or take it to someone who can provide that security for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Probably as someone said earlier, Google Stadia made a bid for their services. Dont act like if you got offered more money for the same sort of thing by a rival company you wouldnt at least consider it.
    Now time will tell what the real reason was, but regardless Activision owns their IP, and any negative PR that may or may not be caused by these services will be worn by them and not Nvidia. If Nvidia failed to address some issues Activision had in regards to safety/account security etc, makes sense to pull it until or take it to someone who can provide that security for them.
    More likely that, they will go exclusive to Stadia, which forces people that want to cloud game their games to use that service, which mean having to re-buy the games to play on that platform. It's the greediest route, which means it's most likely the case when it comes to Activision.

It likely has nothing to do with being "outbid" at all. The way geforce now works is you have to login to the bnet app on a cloud based nvidia PC or in other words not your own. Some idiot big wig at blizzard probably just realized this and told them to shut it down because it's technically against their ToS.

Expect more and more publishers or launchers to start doing this, especially now that it's out of beta. Why? Because nvidia didn't seek permission from any of them and they are making money off their product without giving them a cut. It's about greed but has nothing to do with stadia and just Nvidia being stupid AF and going about it the wrong way.

You can't just sell a service that lets you play a publishers games without getting their permission to do so, they're lucky blizzard just told them to take it down instead of outright suing because they legally could. Blame Nvidia for promising such a service without doing their due diligence to make sure it would work.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-02-12 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It likely has nothing to do with being "outbid" at all. The way geforce now works is you have to login to the bnet app on a cloud based nvidia PC or in other words not your own. Some idiot big wig at blizzard probably just realized this and told them to shut it down because it's technically against their ToS.

Expect more and more publishers or launchers to start doing this, especially now that it's out of beta. Why? Because nvidia didn't seek permission from any of them and they are making money off their product without giving them a cut. It's about greed but has nothing to do with stadia and just Nvidia being stupid AF and going about it the wrong way.
    GeForce Now has been around for 2+ years. They've known about it for a long time. This isn't what it was.

You also have to own the game. NVIDIA is just giving you access to the mean to play the games. The service literally gives them access to more customers to sell more games/services.

- - - Updated - - -

Then don't instantly pull them from GeForce without giving a warning to the community or a valid reason why. Also offer an alternative or an apology. It's pretty common sense if you actually care about your community.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2020-02-12 at 08:49 AM.

GeForce Now has been around for 2+ years. They've known about it for a long time. This isn't what it was.
    Prove it. Where did blizzard ever officially agree to have their games playable on it? Oh you can't? Thought so. The people who took action don't realize it until it reaches their desk. There is a reason Nintendo doesn't take down ROM sites when they're first made, but years later when they reach peak popularity because the suits don't realize it's a thing until it becomes larger.

You also have to own the game. NVIDIA is just giving you access to the mean to play the games. The service literally gives them access to more customers to sell more games/services.
    Again, none of this matters. You can't sell a service that lets you play games without getting permission to actually do so. It doesn't matter if the person still has to own the games or not, that is someone still making money off your product without your permission or signing you to any kind of deal. Any publisher is fully within their rights to order Nvidia to take their games down, and could do much worse then that like I said with a lawsuit if they wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

Then don't instantly pull them from GeForce without giving a warning to the community or a valid reason why. Also offer an alternative or an apology. It's pretty common sense if you actually care about your community.
    Blizzard never agreed to their service being on Geforce Now. They don't owe anyone a warning, if anything you should be complaining Nvidia offered you no warning that games could disappear at a moments notice because they can under the way they did this without going through official channels to get publishers to agree to it. You should of done your research and not relied on a service that was always on shaky ground to begin with by the way it operates.

You can't just sell a service that lets you play a publishers games without getting their permission to do so, they're lucky blizzard just told them to take it down instead of outright suing because they legally could. Blame Nvidia for promising such a service without doing their due diligence to make sure it would work.
    Net Cafes say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Net Cafes say hello.
    Literally irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Prove it. Where did blizzard ever officially agree to have their games playable on it? Oh you can't? Thought so. The people who took action don't realize it until it reaches their desk. There is a reason Nintendo doesn't take down ROM sites when they're first made, but years later when they reach peak popularity because the suits don't realize it's a thing until it becomes larger.

Again, none of this matters. You can't sell a service that lets you play games without getting permission to actually do so. It doesn't matter if the person still has to own the games or not, that is someone still making money off your product without your permission or signing you to any kind of deal. Any publisher is fully within their rights to order Nvidia to take their games down, and could do much worse then that like I said with a lawsuit if they wanted.
    Prove it. How do you know they didn't have permission? Oh you can't? Thought so.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard never agreed to their service being on Geforce Now. They don't owe anyone a warning, if anything you should be complaining Nvidia offered you no warning that games could disappear at a moments notice because they can under the way they did this without going through official channels to get publishers to agree to it. You should of done your research and not relied on a service that was always on shaky ground to begin with by the way it operates.
    Of course Activision Blizzard has the right to do this, nothing unfair, illegal or immoral about it. But I don't understand the business side of it yet. All third party projects will of course be shut down. They make their own product based on the intellectual property of ActiBlizz, and it might contain all kinds of shit that will hurt the company. It might also be a competitor to their own products. But GFN just enables more people to play the official game, that you have to buy, that you have to download. No cheats, no unauthorized middle-man, just graphics rendered somewhere else. Maybe it's just a red tape issue, which will be solved once the lawyers have chewed on it a bit.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Eh, it was against the terms and conditions to play WoW on that anyway.

It’d be nice to do my WoW chores while going for my morning shite, but streaming to my IPad would need official support from Activision.

Support my shite Actiblizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    I remember you used to have constructive, interesting things to say, now, you just seem to roam the forums posting this garbage.
    Are you suggesting its not constructive to suggest people do something else with their money instead of throwing it at Blizzard if they are unhappy with what Blizzard is doing?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.pcgamer.com/activision-b...m-geforce-now/

Seriously F&^% this company.

Some of us bought games and used this service to play those games that got removed out of nowhere with literally no explanation. Not to mention the F-ing beta went on for over 2 years and they never had an issue with it then.

I literally can't play any games now as I only have a Mac pro.

Why would they do this to hurt their name even more after the Warcraft 3 debacle barely a week ago? I'm genuinely pissed.
    Not wanting to derail the thread, but if you buy a Mac you kinda know you aren't going to be playing games.