10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    I mean that's kind of the point. This development team has become complacent. They don't try anymore.

Rift had rifts and ESO has world events. FFXIV has FATEs.

The closest we've come to any of those is these terrible little events in Uldum and the Vale.

We should expect better. 15 years and billions of dollars later.
    I do want better world content, but i would never look at FATEs as being good, they are fucking terrible.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean that's kind of the point. This development team has become complacent. They don't try anymore.

Rift had rifts and ESO has world events. FFXIV has FATEs.

The closest we've come to any of those is these terrible little events in Uldum and the Vale.
    Those examples are trash. They're just as easily completed as WQs and get boring to do after the 3-5th time.

It's funny how much you complain about blizzard's complacent systems and don't offer any solution then bring up examples that are only marginally different.

I think the real issue is there is only so many ways you can develop repeatable overworld content before it eventually becomes boring/routine. That's not a bad thing tho imo. As long as the game itself has many other things to do, which it does.

If someone were to decide to not raid above LFR or do m+ (like the majority of the playerbase right now) besides WQs there's all the collectible shit in the game, achieving achievements, going for mounts, playing pet battles, doing pvp, literally can go around taking selfies and environmental shots, do hidden puzzles, etc etc.

Which is the whole point of having these MMOs, they're not defined by one particular thing despite certain players being invested in only one particular thing.

At least Chickat had more interesting suggestions.

- - - Updated - - -

Why the fuck would I need to refer to wowhead for anything? Literally everything is labelled in-game. Another disingenuous strawman argument from huth.
    Untrue, there were people in pug raids I did during the first week of nyalotha that didn't know you needed a cloak for carapace onwards. Some guildies even last week asked how to start the cloak quest.

Another friend just yesterday realized they can't do the heroic darkshore warfront because apparently they had to unlock the warfront.

And that isn't even including all the mounts obtainable in just this patch alone that would require you to know about it first hand to have the correct item on hand (lookin at alpacas).

There's lots of shit in the game, even in past expacs where players can just ignore it without having looked anything up. That's where the game can require exploring. Think of those purple orbs around Legion zones that gives Long-lost hippogryph.

There are things in the overworld one can explore to find, it's just the way this game has evolved and the way Blizzard encourages it most people look things up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I do want better world content, but i would never look at FATEs as being good, they are fucking terrible.
    Exactly, all the complaining the dude does and that's his idea of "better than wqs".

HEY GUYS! I FOUND OUT SYLVANAS' ROLE IN SHADOWLANDS! Guess what it is...

You guessed it. A plot device that'll be dumped and forgotten once 9.2-9.3 releases. Just like Gul'dan, Azshara, KJ, and all the other RAID BOSSES before her. (We know she's gonna be a Raid Boss. Don't listen to Blizzard...)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The ilvl scaling is still there, just not as prominent, and without the ability to massively nerf outdoor enemies by taking off a ring or something else equally weak.
    It's good they tapered it down though, feeling like a god over lower content is one of the highlights of wow progression (and rpg progression in general) imo. It does not feel good when it takes me 15 secs to kill the same boar when I was at 100 ilvl and then at 200 ilvl.

Idk why people think she's going to have a big part to play in this. N'Zoth, Sargeras, The LK, and other raid bosses were just 1 Expansion main baddies. And as Ion said, every Villain in WoW is there just for the Players to beat up (He literally states this in the Limit World First interview he had recently). So, expect Sylvanas to be a loot pinata as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've said world content needs more oomph and my issues with World quests but... I've tried to remain assertive and calm. The world is still the world, you just also have to know this is a video game to(One from 2004). I've already said my piece on World quests and how little repative gameplay it is sooooo... yeah.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    It's good they tapered it down though, feeling like a god over lower content is one of the highlights of wow progression (and rpg progression in general) imo. It does not feel good when it takes me 15 secs to kill the same boar when I was at 100 ilvl and then at 200 ilvl.
    You can actually go and see the stark difference the ilvl scaling actually does by going to Darkshore and seeing how fast teh rares die there. (might work for Arathi as well, but not sure). Regardless, the purpose of the scaling wasnt to make outdoor content difficult, it was to artificially lengthen teh time it takes to kill things so others actually have a chance to tap enemies instead of having everything die in one hit.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    You can actually go and see the stark difference the ilvl scaling actually does by going to Darkshore and seeing how fast teh rares die there. (might work for Arathi as well, but not sure). Regardless, the purpose of the scaling wasnt to make outdoor content difficult, it was to artificially lengthen teh time it takes to kill things so others actually have a chance to tap enemies instead of having everything die in one hit.
    Oh yeah, that's why I'm glad they took away the power scaling portion, and just left a bit of the hp scaling. Sucks when you get to world bosses and they're already dead before you can tap em.

Also yes it works for Arathi too The Warfronts feel like a joke now, even Heroic ones.

WQs received zero improvements going into BfA.

They actually regressed by making the Emissary worth less. Part of which has to do with no Legendary chance. But the Emissaries had to be buffed in BfA because no one was doing them.

I mean - is your iteration adding "ANOTHER TURTLE MADE IT TO THE WATER" and "BEJEWELLED RIPOFF" world quests? Because that's not really innovation or iteration is it. It's just adding another type of boring menial task.

World of Warcraft doesn't feel like a world. There's nothing to find or explore, there's no real threat. You just run around stomping boring as fuck quests.
    As much as I dislike WoW, you do realize you can do more than just "fly around" the world, right? Cause the newer zones and shit have exploration and all. Besides, "boring as fuck quests" is basically the norm. It's always been. Since 2004. WoW Classic proved this to you guys.

The Maw sounds like it's going to be a new approach to world content.

Why the fuck would I need to refer to wowhead for anything? Literally everything is labelled in-game. Another disingenuous strawman argument from huth.

I wasn't aware that once I got gear I should just completely stop participating in the WORLD of Warcraft? Is it not for me anymore because I have gear?
    Then you probably missed more things than you realised, which would explain why you think there's no secrets.
    And i have no idea why you should stop participating. But you should realise that it won't be remotely challenging, and there isn't much Blizz can do about that because people like you will and have thrown a tantrum if they try.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The Maw is one, but personally what i like the most about 8.3 are the assaults, which feels likes a much more involved version of emissaries. Instead of just going to 4 easy world quests you instead look for opportunities where they arise. Maybe you prefer looking for rares, maybe you would better enjoy looking for the random pseudo-WQs, or maybe you just want to find the most densely packed area and pull all the enemies you need.

Ideally we would see a combination of all the best ideas from BfA. Assaults from 8.3, the localized invasion from 8.1. And rares with randomized abilities from 8.2.

The Maw is one, but personally what i like the most about 8.3 are the assaults, which feels likes a much more involved version of emissaries. Instead of just going to 4 easy world quests you instead look for opportunities where they arise. Maybe you prefer looking for rares, maybe you would better enjoy looking for the random pseudo-WQs, or maybe you just want to find the most densely packed area and pull all the enemies you need.

Ideally we would see a combination of all the best ideas from BfA. Assaults from 8.3, the localized invasion from 8.1. And rares with randomized abilities from 8.2.
    Or you find an unstable fusion core and go all Katamari on the Amathet.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Or you find an unstable fusion core and go all Katamari on the Amathet.
    Or that. Generally i just think that BfA has stumbled upon, knowing or not, upon some amazing ideas for how to improve world questing.

Let us for instance think about how an emissary in, say, Highmountain, could work now compared to back then.
    Back then, as now. You go around looking for 4 easy world quests, and then you are done.
    With the things we have seen in BfA it could instead be something like having the Drogbar invading the top of the mountain, you have ot go there and fill a bar. During the 3 days it is up you have some specific rares there, and generally more stuff to do. Once you fill the bar you defeat the boss and you are done. This can of course be done even better if Blizzard creates 4-5 different version for each zone. Maybe Hioghmountain has that scenario, one where Black dragons invade Neltharion's lair, one where the Harpies attack again, one where the Legion attacks and one with invading Vrykul.

It would become less engaging over time of course, but i think it would be a massive upgrade in tearms of QoL improvements. As well as obviously being more fun and engaging.

Okay, which of you posted this comment?

Warning: It links to this GIF of the Vol-de-tort.

Holy crap, I'm almost at Titan Rank in terms of Post Count. WOOHOO!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I really hope it is. I genuinely hate the current approach they're going for in terms of World content shit. It's extremely irritating and repetitive.

alpha/beta is just a demo change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    alpha/beta is just a demo change my mind.
    alpha is something to be given to people who will stream it. same with early beta. its advertising and something to keep people interestedin the game at a time that current content is slowly dying off.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    alpha is something to be given to people who will stream it. same with early beta. its advertising and something to keep people interestedin the game at a time that current content is slowly dying off.
    Sort of right.

7+ Year Old Account
    So here's confirmation Corruption is not a system continuing in Shadowlands.

Corruption System
    Overall the team is happy with how corruption turned out, but there are still tuning issues. They like the choices and trade-offs that it brings to fights.
    There are multiple tiers of each corruption so that you can wear more pieces of gear with good corruption without having excessive corruption negatives attached.
    Corruption is an 8.3 system and is NOT the future of WoW.
    For all those who thought we would get it in Shadowlands.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...on-Hazzikostas