Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    From what I remember, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they said that Anima will have a weekly spending cap, but you can still earn it after you cap how much you can spend correct? So maybe I know I can't play next week much so I grind a bunch of Anima so I can grind less next week.
    It was stated that there is a weekly maximum and the excess goes to cosmetics and other stuff which would suggest that it doesn't carry over to the next week.

https://youtu.be/y3Fwh7b37FE?t=649 - finalboss interview

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    So for how Aenema will work I think that you have a rather accurate idea as far as we know

As for the info dump I think it’s definitely going to come in by at the latest next week

Now the mission table makes 100% sense to not carry over and that is because we are not a leader anymore we are no longer the head of a group we are a stranger in a strange land who has come to join an already established group we have come to earn our way into it and in order for them to have a mission table they would have to work around the fact that our characters can swap also they would have to add a Nother currency which from what we have seen I believe they already have three planned and
    Honestly it makes just as much sense as with the Order Halls or in BfA. Both have very distinct chains of command of which there are definitely people of as high standing, if not higher, in the case of BfA. A simple line of dialogue could explain it away in Shadowlands. "Thanks for helping us, as thanks we will aid your efforts with some tropps you can send on missions for you."
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Honestly it makes just as much sense as with the Order Halls or in BfA. Both have very distinct chains of command of which there are definitely people of as high standing, if not higher, in the case of BfA. A simple line of dialogue could explain it away in Shadowlands. "Thanks for helping us, as thanks we will aid your efforts with some tropps you can send on missions for you."
    Well think about it in warlords we were the commander of our armies that came in and kicked ass we had more power than anyone else on the planet essentially in Legion we were a legendary warrior of our class so we had some right now in battle we have essentially become the planets literal captain planet while in Shadowlands we are visiting it would be like going into Panda land and taking control of the shadow pan after saying hello

Personally I’m done with it I mean in warlords it was too powerful it was too important in Legion it was less so but you still had a source of stuff to do with it now it’s kind of OK I mean it had its use but compare it to when it was first made and it’s nothing but a shell I’m OK with it being retired after all it was not what we were originally promised anyways

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Anima Power is the same. AP isn't going anywhere - they've just claimed they will cap it weekly like Valor Points and you can spend it on "multiple" things. No "infinite" grind.

They'll likely make it MUCH harder to earn as there is a weekly cap. They want MAUs, every system is designed around this bullshit metric. Look at Corruption. It was supposed to address Titanforging RNG but it's basically the same thing.

Covenants and Soulbinds will feature heavy time-gating because of this weekly cap on Anima.

So really - where are the improvements in Shadowlands?
    See this kind of commenting is absurd. First you claim Anima is going to be SL's AP in a condescending way then at the end of your post here you talk about "covenants and soulbinds will be heavy time-gated cuz of cap on Anima.

So what do you want? An infinite grind on Anima or a weekly cap? Your post here sounds like a fucked if they do, fucked if they don't. Either way you're going to complain it sounds like. Plus, none of us know how hard it's going to be to cap Anima. I don't recall the Valor badges being a pain to cap. Also Coalescing Visions currently don't make it hard to cap (5/5 vessels 25k coalescing visions). Blizzard even increased the amount of visions we get from them because people complained they were too low and now it's incredibly easy to cap em.

Also how do you know Anima is required for Covenants and Soulbinds??

This is what is known about Soulbinds so far: https://www.wowhead.com/guides/venth...lbinds-rewards

"Soulbinds allow you to share powers with a mighty denizen of your chosen Covenant. By forming a pact with this being, you will have access to a Soulbind tree that will give access to specific powers of that denizen. These new powers are earned over time, as you improve your relationship through the Soulbind. Each being capable of forming a Soulbind has their own character, story, and powers to lend.

To allow for some customization, there is a new item type called a Conduit that allows you to alter some of the powers in the denizen's power structure. There is no information yet on where or how to obtain Conduits.

Changing Soulbinds for specific purposes will be much like changing talents. From the preliminary look at the UI, it appears that you can form a Soulbind with more than one character, so this would allow for some flexibility in changing what powers were available to you."

Please stop talking out your ass. While we don't have confirmation how it's going to be handled, nothing anywhere as described "yeah you just gotta fill the 'Anima Power' bar to earn your next conduit".

If anything it sounds like Soulbinds will have their own dailies/quests to do to have time-gating there, but not related to Anima.

and NOTICE how I am not saying "Shadowlands is going to be the best expansion and all who hate it are just haters" anywhere in my post. Before people start insinuating I'm 'defending Shadowlands'.

All I'm defending is not being unreasonable about what's coming based on what has been said. Can the execution be poor? Ofc, and I'll be right along others stating my issues with those as I see it (as I have done multiple times now with the Corruption system, 8.3 has a whole, bfa as a whole).

I hope that shadowlands wont be all about Sylvanis, because right now its like Sylvanis is the main character of the entire WoW series. Just look at the retcons and youll see that suddenly it seems that the game is only about Sylvanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Talrath View Post
    I hope that shadowlands wont be all about Sylvanis, because right now its like Sylvanis is the main character of the entire WoW series. Just look at the retcons and youll see that suddenly it seems that the game is only about Sylvanis.
    I would say she is 99% likely going to be gone from the story after this expansion, the only question is who between her and the Jailer is the boss of the 9.1 raid, and which is the endgame threat.
    Personally i would imagine that Sylvanas is the final boss. As much as i despise her character i cannot deny it would elevate Shadowlands to have it end with the ultimate catharsis of killing Sylvanas for good.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would say she is 99% likely going to be gone from the story after this expansion, the only question is who between her and the Jailer is the boss of the 9.1 raid, and which is the endgame threat.
    Personally i would imagine that Sylvanas is the final boss. As much as i despise her character i cannot deny it would elevate Shadowlands to have it end with the ultimate catharsis of killing Sylvanas for good.
    if the dead bitch die for good finnaly i buy the expansion

but really, i still thinking they will just make her Kerrigan/illidan, saying she did all of this to have us kill the "true enemy" the death thing, and save us all

or, she make the sacrifice and take his place

either way it would be fucking bad

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if the dead bitch die for good finnaly i buy the expansion

but really, i still thinking they will just make her Kerrigan/illidan, saying she did all of this to have us kill the "true enemy" the death thing, and save us all

or, she make the sacrifice and take his place

either way it would be fucking bad
    I choose to believe Blizzard has enough sense to not pull a Rian Johnson and decide to attempt to "shock" us. All signs point to Sylvanas being evil, nothing she has done so far has been even remotely close to being ambigous, last time we saw her she ran away from the Horde after declaring them all nothing, before then she waged costly wars for no good reason at all, which all started when she killed thousands of innocent civilians for no better reason than to seemingly spite a dying elf who commited the cardinal sin of feeling sorry for her. And even the explanation for that only makes it worse, she didnt just kill them to spite someone, she killed them so they could go to superhell and she could become more powerful.

Then of course we have her unleashing the scourge and potentially aiming ot kill everyone in the universe.
    Blizzard would have to pull one amazing plot twist out to have her be good all along make even the remotest of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    From what I remember, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they said that Anima will have a weekly spending cap, but you can still earn it after you cap how much you can spend correct? So maybe I know I can't play next week much so I grind a bunch of Anima so I can grind less next week.
    The way they described it, any of the people on this forum that actually play will likely have Anima coming out their behind anyway. Covenants supposedly only require a rather modest amount to keep running. Though it's also intended as a currency for all the cosmetic stuff.

So it's not exactly something you're supposed to make any real effort to gather at all, unless you're looking to buy something, and you might very well be able to put it off for a few weeks when you don't feel like it without any significant extra work.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The way they described it, any of the people on this forum that actually play will likely have Anima coming out their behind anyway. Covenants supposedly only require a rather modest amount to keep running. Though it's also intended as a currency for all the cosmetic stuff.

So it's not exactly something you're supposed to make any real effort to gather at all, unless you're looking to buy something, and you might very well be able to put it off for a few weeks when you don't feel like it without any significant extra work.
    You could say the same for Azerite in this expansion, and you will still have some people here acting like Blizzard is holding a gun to their head to force them to farm endlessly.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could say the same for Azerite in this expansion, and you will still have some people here acting like Blizzard is holding a gun to their head to force them to farm endlessly.
    I mean if your guild isn't forcing you in such a repressive manner, why worry. Also sometimes Bellular's logic confuses me to no end.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-02-13 at 07:12 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

go fuck yourself stupid dogfucker, you are a closet gay

- - - Updated - - -

WOW NEEDS TO DIE

Quote Originally Posted by youallsuckok View Post
    *snip*
    You ok bud?

Quote Originally Posted by youallsuckok View Post
    go fuck yourself stupid dogfucker, you are a closet gay

- - - Updated - - -

WOW NEEDS TO DIE
    me to myself in the mirror when I mess up my DPS rotation on a boss.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Come back to this post in a year.
    Mark my words, it is going to be a failure, as in the same scale bfa was a failure.
    The masterminds behind old wow are gone.
    Ion and his team of chimps are in charge now.
    Rest assured the same bullshit that annoyed people throughout bfa, just with a fresh lick of paint to hide the same old shit systems so the more dim witted fans won't realise what they are so fervently advocating as the best ever.
    Look like it's this time of the year.

Mark my words, it is going to be a failure, as in the same scale bfa was a failure.
    Rest assured the same bullshit that annoyed people throughout bfa, just with a fresh lick of paint to hide the same old shit systems so the more dim witted fans won't realise what they are so fervently advocating as the best ever.
    That was said before Legion launch.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok /10chars
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Look like it's this time of the year.

-snip-
    Damn i love that clip. Need to reatch me some Life of Brian one of these days.

But yeah, doomsaying is nothing new. Which is a shame, since it drowns out legitimate criticisms that could be discussed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    me to myself in the mirror when I mess up my DPS rotation on a boss.
    I know that pain. Sadly, guild doesn't want to wipe the boss when I mess up opener.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's at the point that I look on mmochampion every day half expecting news. We are close people.