Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    My mate Aoe farms more than easily on his war. And people don't Aoe level on retail unless there a tank... Because they would die.
    Ah the "my mate".

Proof please.

- - - Updated - - -

So you paid £40 to skip the leveling and collect free end of legion loot and artifact and then go "gee golly this is easy"....

Also note I've said Aoe. Not Aoe level. For Aoe leveling the rules are the same as retail. You can do it as a dps if you out gear what your grinding. Otherwise you die.
    No, I had it from pre purchasing BFA, I hadn't used it. The gear it gave me, was replaced almost instantly. So not sure where this super powerful gear comes from you keep mentioning.

I've been talking about levelling this whole time, why do you keep replying to me if you are not talking about aoe levelling?
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2020-02-14 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Fun Fact: Back when WoW was released, back in the age of FF11 and Everquest, it was considered "The casual MMO".
    But... but... im a hardcore raider

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I did aoe lvl as balance druid and as hunter on retail without any problem. Try to aoe lvl as druid in classic....

Enjoy

My mate Aoe farms more than easily on his war. And people don't Aoe level on retail unless there a tank... Because they would die.
    Your mate pulls 5+ mobs on his sub level 60 warrior to level up in classic?

So sick of these comparisons... might as well be arguing over whether an alligator can beat a shark or a dragon a unicorn... who gives a shit? Have fun playing it or don't play it, none of it makes you more elite.
    Last edited by Hawg; 2020-02-14 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except it's not the same thing. Raid mechanics require quick reactions, near-perfect positioning, and an ideal tactic. Also, bosses have enrage mechanics, so you can't take your time and do it at your own pace. Dark Souls, again, require quick reactions,near-perfect positioning and an ideal tactic.

None of those are needed at anywhere near that same level for Classic WoW leveling. To say it's "hard" because you can't bother to give a quick look-around to make sure you won't aggro other mobs is like saying going to the kitchen is hard because you can't bother to get away from your computer to fetch something to drink.

... That's like saying it's hard to breathe, walk and keep your eyes watching ahead at the same time because 'balance', 'steady breathing' and 'watching where you go' are things you gotta work through and keep in mind. Again: leveling in classic WoW is easy. It's only difficult if you make it difficult.
    So requiring fast reactions is the only measure of difficulty? So playing chess without a timer regardless of opponent is easy, since you can take as much time as you want?

You are reversing things. An element of difficulty is an element of difficulty regardless of how easy it is for you to complete it. The fact that you need to give that "quick look-around" means you have to be more aware and careful with your positioning. That might be something that is easy for you and that might become even second nature, but that doesn't mean that it is an element of added difficulty that is there.

There's also a difference between saying something is "hard", which is much more subjective, than saying something is harder than something comparable. Classic can be easy and still be harder than current WoW.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2020-02-14 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was never hard. People just didn't know wtf they were doing when Vanilla was current. We have 15+ years of experience at this point with the game and more resources than ever to get the right gear, set the right talents and so on. Anyone who was expecting Classic to be a brick wall was fooling themselves.

People tend to forget that World of Warcraft from it's inception was meant to be easier and more accessible than the other MMOs around it at the time.

10+ Year Old Account

Enjoy
    That's pretty cool, but can only be done in selective places. It's WotLK though.

Nice try.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2020-02-14 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Ah the "my mate".

Proof please.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I had it from pre purchasing BFA, I hadn't used it. The gear it gave me, was replaced almost instantly. So not sure where this super powerful gear comes from you keep mentioning.

I've been talking about levelling this whole time, why do you keep replying to me if you are not talking about aoe levelling?
    The boost gear is always multiple ilevel higher than the base gear you get at the end of leveling normally. For example a bfa boost gives 390 gear bfa gear from heroic as the start of bfa was 300.

That 90 ilevel higher. Boosting now gives you the equivalent of dazaralor raid gear.

Simalar for legion,

Leveling is balanced so people who have just dinged 110 can still level to 111 with only the base 110 gear. So a player starting to level 110 to 120 in the 2nd raid tiers gear of 110 is MASSIVELY over powered compared to the mobs in that area.

Yes and no. Game doesn't need to be hard to be fun and I think classic is a good example of that. I would prefer a harder version with vanilla gameplay yeah, but retail is the only option if you want hard endgame content atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    The boost gear is always multiple ilevel higher than the base gear you get at the end of leveling normally. For example a bfa boost gives 390 gear bfa gear from heroic as the start of bfa was 300.

That 90 ilevel higher. Boosting now gives you the equivalent of dazaralor raid gear.

Simalar for legion,

Leveling is balanced so people who have just dinged 110 can still level to 111 with only the base 110 gear. So a player starting to level 110 to 120 in the 2nd raid tiers gear of 110 is MASSIVELY over powered compared to the mobs in that area.
    I still replaced it all, almost immediately.

That's pretty cool, but can only be done in selective places.
    Any where with a drop. Or just get better gear for that area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any where with a drop. Or just get better gear for that area.
    It's WotLK as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Yes but that's not the point. The point is that guilds that are average at best can clear it on day one. Who cares if some people can do it in 30 minutes or 3 hours, it's that it's doable at all that's the problem.
    It's not a problem...

This is not new content. Why are we treating it as such? The best comparison I can think of is Demons Souls. When I first played it, back when it released, it kicked my ass. Wiped the floor with me. Many years later, with more experience from newer Souls games, I kicked its ass. No sweat.

Even for those who didn't experience vanilla they have the experience from later retail expansions. Going back to my example, I have a friend who got into the series with Dark Souls. She got really into it. Played the shit out of it, DS2. Bloodborne, DS3.

After playing all of those she decided to try out Demons Souls and, surprise, she shit all over it.

I'm not trying to argue that classic is a super hardcore difficult game. Some people may WANT that, maybe because of their old memories, but that's not how it works.

But this meme that classic/vanilla was never really hard or that your typical LFR raid would steamroll it is just as silly imo.

That's pretty cool, but can only be done in selective places. It's WotLK though.

Nice try.

Enjoy
    Thats wrath. Look at the survival instincts ability.

I still replaced it all, almost immediately.
    Yea with even better gear to over power mobs because the 3rd tier raids need progression. All your pointing out is the flaws of expansions. And how getting good gear this expac makes leveling next expac easier. But the same sort of thing applies to classic. Never heard of a twink befor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    classic is way too easy.

if you wanted a challenge, you should have played on several pserver i am not allowed to name here.

They managed to balance classic into vanilla. Regardless of your memories or experience.

And people that tell you different are either braincontrolled by blizz, people that work for blizzard or hater with literally 0 experience on their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea with even better gear to over power mobs because the 3rd tier raids need progression. All your pointing out is the flaws of expansions. And how getting good gear this expac makes leveling next expac easier. But the same sort of thing applies to classic. Never heard of a twink befor?
    So the beginning quests of an expansion, make me OP and able to AOE level on any class? If you can't AOE level in retail, you must be real bad.

A twink is used for shit players who want to dominate in BGs. They still don't AOE level, unless a Mage ofc.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2020-02-14 at 03:58 PM.

It's WotLK as well.
    Use this one then

- - - Updated - - -

So the beginning quests of an expansion, make me OP and able to AOE level on any class? If you can't AOE level in retail, you must be real bad.

A twink is used for shit players who want to dominate in BGs. They still don't AOE level, unless a Mage ofc.
    Yes. The first few levels of every expansion hae basicly given u the same gear as the top players of the last.

It's been that way for years.

Then there's usualy a dip in the mid of leveling where stuff gets harder. See all the threads complaing about that if you want. And the. At the end powers properly reset for the start of max level.

- - - Updated - - -

You can Aoe level any twink to get it to the next bracket when you want to change as you over power the content.

Use this one then

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. The first few levels of every expansion hae basicly given u the same gear as the top players of the last.

It's been that way for years.

Then there's usualy a dip in the mid of leveling where stuff gets harder. See all the threads complaing about that if you want. And the. At the end powers properly reset for the start of max level.
    Private server where he 1v3s green mobs to prove "aoe" levelling in classic wow?