7+ Year Old Account
    It's so nice to start seeing more and more familiar faces again!

Now I must pull a Chickat and catch up on the convo lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You could say the same for Azerite in this expansion, and you will still have some people here acting like Blizzard is holding a gun to their head to force them to farm endlessly.
    It sounds like anima is more like a cross between war resources and AP, and I would agree in either case that, especially at this point in the game, both are laughably passively earned. I have almost 60k war resources and mostly all I do are dailies except raiding once a week. Most people I know that just do normal casual content were almost 80 HOA level within like...2 weeks of the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    winter is coming

- - - Updated - - -

it seems the devs are about 6 months behind the feedback
    Is that venthyr garrosh?????

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    It sounds like anima is more like a cross between war resources and AP, and I would agree in either case that, especially at this point in the game, both are laughably passively earned. I have almost 60k war resources and mostly all I do are dailies except raiding once a week. Most people I know that just do normal casual content were almost 80 HOA level within like...2 weeks of the patch?
    SOunds like they are more then casual to me. I've only just got to 79 and I guess I'll be maxxed out(80) roughly next week maybe(We'll see).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    People are hyped af right now and want to get informations. I for one am quite de-hyped at this point, because for two expacs in a row blizz utterly disappointed me in alpha/beta, starting in Legion alpha with those massive class overhauls which (in my eyes) didn't work out well for every class I play. Then came BfA alpha with artifacts gone and no real compensation besides azerite, which in the beginning was rather bland. While I would love to be hyped again, blizzard fooled me once too often. And I am still convinced we won't see anything from alpha before the end of march. May be wrong here, but that's what I expect.
    Hype? Where? Must have missed it because Shadowlands quickly turned into a non-event after it's announcement.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Yes. That's the plan.
    But he is not his son, ya kno.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Hype? Where? Must have missed it because Shadowlands quickly turned into a non-event after it's announcement.
    Ye, you've missed it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    As someone from here once said back in 2017, "The dryer the leaks weeks, the better the Blizzcon my child". Lets apply it to the alpha too why don't we.

(btw thank you Fahrad Wagner for that beautiful quote)
    I mean for WoW and last Blizzcon this wasn't true at all. Horrible leaks and eventually a horrible expansion announcement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye, you've missed it.
    Where is the hype? In this thread? In the Shadowlands section of the forum? That's basically it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Where is the hype? In this thread? In the Shadowlands section of the forum? That's basically it.
    I saw plenty of hype with Thorgast, new char customization, general system improvement etc. But if you don't want to see something, you wont.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    As someone from here once said back in 2017, "The dryer the leaks weeks, the better the Blizzcon my child". Lets apply it to the alpha too why don't we.

(btw thank you Fahrad Wagner for that beautiful quote)
    Does it work only with real leaks or fake too?

- - - Updated - - -

I saw plenty of hype with Thorgast, new char customization, general system improvement etc. But if you don't want to see something, you wont.
    The lack of new class is quite disappointing,
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    The lack of new class is quite disappointing,
    I personally don't care. New class is a not a make or break for me.

It is a problem for public perception as the only other expansion to not have either a new race or class is WoD, which is a precedent Blizzard would do well to steer away from.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account

Yes, that's fine if you don't care.

But what is ShL offering on the surface? What is its draw?

If you're a new player or someone that hasn't kept up with WoW, ShL has no pull factor which is why everyone is either not hyped or extremely skeptical. The only people who would be drawn into it so far are established players like you and I who can actually understand the updates they are doing to the game.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post

If you're a new player or someone that hasn't kept up with WoW, ShL has no pull factor which is why everyone is either not hyped or extremely skeptical. The only people who would be drawn into it so far are established players like you and I who can actually understand the updates they are doing to the game.
    An expansion has many pulls and it doesn't have the same thing. Someone might be pulled in for different reasons and such. Presuming every single new player thinks the same is dumb. The Level squish can be one pull(Feeling like its way less levels although that is on a technical level not true but that hasn't stopped people from thinking otherwise).

There is some merit in the idea of not trying to overwhelm the game itself with so many systems. I still argue Warfronts could of been more if they weren't well left to be tarred and feathered by the community, same with Islands.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-02-23 at 07:07 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The leveling + squish is a major selling point for people who have never played.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There is some merit in the idea of not trying to overwhelm the game itself with so many systems. I still argue Warfronts could of been more if they weren't well left to be tarred and feathered by the community, same with Islands.
    I don't think warfronts had much of a chance after the design became set around a raid sized group instead of a dungeon sized one.

And that was exactly what I was talking about...perhaps you re-read the posts I was answering to.;-)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    An expansion has many pulls and it doesn't have the same thing. Someone might be pulled in for different reasons and such. Presuming every single new player thinks the same is dumb. The Level squish can be one pull(Feeling like its way less levels although that is on a technical level not true but that hasn't stopped people from thinking otherwise).

There is some merit in the idea of not trying to overwhelm the game itself with so many systems.

Good thing I never presumed so, if you're a new player its unlikely you would see significance in a level squish because you have never played before to noticed a diff.

Established players who aren't subbed are also unlikely to care because they understand it is a technical thing, not anything new.

Expansions do have many pulls but there are usually one or two that are prominent selling features, going down the list of expacs:

BC:

-Two New Races

Wotlk:

New Class

Cata:

-World Revamp
    -Two New Races
    -More Class/Race combos

MoP:
    -New Race
    -New Class

WoD:
    Nothing

Legion:
    New Class
    Artifact Weapons(is an expansion system but they were still marketed because of iconic weapons such as Ashbringer being relevant.)

BFA:
    -Allied Races

ShL:
    Nothing

And no, I'm not a hater I've already preordered and plan on playing the expac, but it is obvious as to why people are dissatisfied with what we do know about 9.0. Giving us another WoD in terms of new features after an already lackluster expansion would be considered a spit in the face by some. And I can see where they are coming from.

If someone was already not playing, its unlikely (in my opinion) that anything in ShL will draw them in. Character customization options are nice and needed sure, but its not anything groundbreaking much like the classic model updates were.

The similarities are there.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The leveling + squish is a major selling point for people who have never played.
    Basically this. One of the major complaints of BfA was shit alt system, and they seem to improve it vastly in SL.

ShL:
    Nothing

And no, I'm not a hater I've already preordered and plan on playing the expac, but it is obvious as to why people are dissatisfied with what we do know about 9.0. Giving us another WoD in terms of new features after an already lackluster expansion would be considered a spit in the face by some. And I can see where they are coming from.

If someone was already not playing, its unlikely (in my opinion) that anything in ShL will draw them in. Character customization options are nice and needed sure, but its not anything groundbreaking much like the classic model updates were.

Why fixing already existing systems (that peeps been asking for for ages) is nothing? Are people really so fixated on a slogans like "new class/race/x", that when they don't see them, they deem an expansion as a "failure/filler"/WoD"? And SL HAS new fetures, in form of Thorghast and Maw, for example, but some people just choose to ignore them for argument sake.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-02-23 at 07:21 PM.

WoD had Garrisons and updated player models.

Shadowlands has updated character customisations as well as levelling revamps.

Wew.. looks like the Grand March of the Negative Nancies arrived.. but whats new when Nyel shows up to start some nonsense?

SL: Nothing? Hah btfo lads.